Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Brady unquestionably the best ever?
(02-07-2017, 12:57 AM)Joelist Wrote: Don't forget Brady missed an entire season with a blown out knee.

Also, fact is that Montana had a better cast around him most of the time, with several Hall of Famers. Brady has worked with an interchangeable cast of players and succeeded. He does play in a good system, but what is interesting is that it is almost a non-system. The Pats constantly change things up and do different things; what makes them so good is the coaching. They pretty much don't make mistakes. The receivers run the route correctly, the line blocks the right gaps, the blitz pickups work correctly and so on. In essence, there may be an occasional turnover but what they do is EXECUTE their offense correctly virtually all the time.

Yes, they execute their system, and it's a combination of solid QB play, game planning, and dare I say it around here?? Halftime adjustments! It's also an uncanny ability to feature a player no one expects to do much destroying the opposition, and taking whatever the other team gives you. White had done virtually nothing all year, and suddenly he's all-pro; these things don't accidentally happen, and they happen virtually every week with the Patriots. They never happen with the Bengals,it seems. As to the GOAT, does it really matter? Brady is darn good, as was Montana, and many others. It's a rare combination of player/coach, the latter which we haven't seen here and never will, as long as we cling to Marvin to preserve the stability of futility. As someone said in a different thread I believe, it looks like Marvin gave the halftime speech to the Falcons. but I don't believe that for a minute because they did score in the second half! As for Bellichick, everybody points to the Browns and says he wasn't that good, but wait a minute. In 1995, under him, the Browns went 11-5 AND won a playoff game. The next year after a 4-4 start Modell moved the team, and fired Bellichick, it's the curse of the Browns to live with forever.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Brady unquestionably the best ever? - Bengalsrob - 02-07-2017, 10:18 AM