Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If You Had 1st Pick in 2017 Fantasy League Draft ?
(02-10-2017, 11:16 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I've won baseball and football fantasy leagues by letting the computer pick the best player available. When I choose, best is third place.

I have to admit that letting computer pick on my baseball 3 teams wasn't bad.  I had to hit the free agents hard for the lousy players dealt, like lousy cards in poker, but it worked.  I'm amazed a few teams never tried to upgrade their bench depth over season....Now in football I tried to pick, but it gave me a list of 20 players, then with each pick it would add players, like a Mel Kiper list. It didn't always have players on my draft sheet that I wanted.  Yet other people were drafting players not in that computers top 20 group, so I guess was on the wrong pick list. Problem list only gave you a few seconds to find your player and pick, very rushed. Like baseball, I had to build a lot of my team in free agency. Again, I was amazed at how some teams never dumped the lousy players on their bench and tried to build depth.  It's nice to have bench depth.   If the draft gives you some real lousy bench players and free agency has Indians pitching staff or a healthy All-Star or some top prospect up and hitting or in football some top QB or another top player, I'm amazed at the teams that don't seem to know they can they can make roster moves.  You don't need to keep those awful players from the draft on your bench. The stronger your bench, the stronger your team. ....I want to pick a few baseball drafts, and let computer pick a few teams. ....I may do the in football next year also. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If You Had 1st Pick in 2017 Fantasy League Draft ? - kevin - 02-11-2017, 09:49 AM