Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shout out to Ross...
The TD catch was great, but I thought his best play was coming back to Andy on the sidelines. He was a blur and to get both feet in was great! Just proved what I had been thinking all week, to much thinking and not enough just reacting to the play.
Reply/Quote
If Ross turns into a weapon for Andy along with AJ and Boyd look out.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 12:17 PM)sandwedge Wrote: The TD catch was great, but I thought his best play was coming back to Andy on the sidelines. He was a blur and to get both feet in was great! Just proved what I had been thinking all week, to much thinking and not enough just reacting to the play.

Yep, and played hurt too.  Folks were right to be down on him for giving up on routes, but the talent is there.  He just needs to go out there with a blank mind and play ball.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good turn around for him and kudos to Andy for having confidence to throw his way after quitting on his routes last week.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 12:25 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, and played hurt too.  Folks were right to be down on him for giving up on routes, but the talent is there.  He just needs to go out there with a blank mind and play ball.

And let's not forget, he's basically a rookie and still learning to play in the NFL.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
He performed great, and tried to play through injury to show the coaches and players that he's worth it (not that they doubted it like some here do).

Ross is fine. I think he has a great shot of being an amazing receiver in the NFL. That speed is just too hard to match up with.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 12:17 PM)sandwedge Wrote: The TD catch was great, but I thought his best play was coming back to Andy on the sidelines. He was a blur and to get both feet in was great! Just proved what I had been thinking all week, to much thinking and not enough just reacting to the play.

That toe drag swag was great. Reminded me of Chad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Any word on his injury?
Reply/Quote
All the people who said we should of benched him are awfully quiet now. Clearly was a huge overreaction and group-think agenda. Glad our coaches and players were level headed and still showed confidence in him. It payed off.
Reply/Quote
Feels to me like every good day he has out there paves the way for even better days. He will probably still have negatives but the positive will outweigh them. He is still far from the best he can be, just getting started and his best will be well worth the wait and it is coming. Once he conquers reliable, (and he's getting there), he will display the ability to dazzle and amaze.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 02:52 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: All the people who said we should of benched him are awfully quiet now. Clearly was a huge overreaction and group-think agenda. Glad our coaches and players were level headed and still showed confidence in him. It payed off.

No, I stand by what I said. Quitting on routes should get you benched until you figure it out. He had a good game. Let's see if he can put 2 together back to back.... (hopefully so.)
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 04:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No, I stand by what I said. Quitting on routes should get you benched until you figure it out. He had a good game. Let's see if he can put 2 together back to back.... (hopefully so.)

If you bench him, how does he get it figured out?

And maybe, just maybe, the QB doesn't throw to a 5'11" guy with three defenders around him.

Also, with all due respect, I'm glad it wasn't your call to make.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 04:40 PM)McC Wrote: If you bench him, how does he get it figured out?

And maybe, just maybe, the QB doesn't throw to a 5'11" guy with three defenders around him.

Also, with all due respect, I'm glad it wasn't your call to make.

You figure it out by sitting until it gets in your brain that if you quit on routes, you don't play.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 08:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You figure it out by sitting until it gets in your brain that if you quit on routes, you don't play.

How would you ever know he understands without letting him go out on the field and prove it?

Reply/Quote
As Marv said yesterday "We have a lot of young players, and sometimes we will play like it"
With the right coaches, which I think we now have in all positions we can turn out to be a great team for a number of years.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 11:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How would you ever know he understands without letting him go out on the field and prove it?

I didn't say "Benched forever"..... sometimes a quarter or a half or a game sends the message....
Reply/Quote

for so many years ive been wondering why our WRs don't adjust when andy has to scramble...

Hopefully that's over with now
Reply/Quote
Who here besides me, thought he was going into a TD dance when he scored?? I did for like 2 seconds...
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 08:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You figure it out by sitting until it gets in your brain that if you quit on routes, you don't play.
And how do you know when that time has come?

Reply/Quote
Not thinking is great when you are improvising, but until it becomes second nature you have no choice but to think.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote