• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Déjà Vu With Bengals After Week 3

Week One- Bengals 23 Ravens 16
Week Two- Bengals 24 Falcons 10
Week Three- Bengals 33 Titans 7

Week One- Bengals 33 Raiders 13
Week Two- Bengals 24 Chargers 19
Week Three- Bengals 28 Ravens 24

Dalton starts both 2014 and 2015 playing excellent. Listening to morning sports talk after week 3 for both 2014 and 2015, "The Bengals are a Super Bowl team and one if not the most talented rosters in the NFL."

My question is this, with both years mirroring one another in every way, are you of the position "Ive been here before and your going to have to show me this really is going to be different than the past years" or are you feeling "This is a different team than the previous years and Im finally going to see this team succeed in the post season"

How are you feeling after three weeks of football about our Bengals?
Reply/Quote
I'm in the wait and see mode. We should have a better feel for this team's true nature in a few weeks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 11:00 AM)GodFather Wrote: 2014

Dalton starts both 2014 and 2015 playing excellent. Listening to morning sports talk after week 3 for both 2014 and 2015, "The Bengals are a Super Bowl team and one if not the most talented rosters in the NFL."

My question is this, with both years mirroring one another in every way, are you of the position "Ive been here before and your going to have to show me this really is going to be different than the past years" or are you feeling "This is a different team than the previous years and Im finally going to see this team succeed in the post season"

I'm conflicted.  I feel both ways.
Reply/Quote
Dalton is playing far better than he did last year. He had a bad throw that led to the INT yesterday, but otherwise he's playing with more confidence and intelligence than he ever has. His throws just plain look better, too. We can credit Tom House for that part, I guess.

That's the main difference, and I also think the whole offense looks better, more fluid. Credit Hue for that. Once we can get Hill going, this offense is going to be REALLY fun to watch.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I think both the offense and defense are different animals then what we had last year. Outside of an all out blitz, the defense got little to no pressure with the front four which so far seems much improved this year. Last year, once people figured out how to get around the 7 man blitz, our defense started hurting. Geno being back to how he is has brought the D to back how they were. Last year we had no Geno (how he used to be), no MJ, and don't forget Burfict started having his problems shortly after this stretch.

On offense, we've already seen what having a healthy Marvin Jones and Tyler Eifert has done for the offense. We didn't have either of them for the whole season. Once people figured out how to stop Sanu we had basically nothing in the pass game. The difference between last year and this year is that in the first couple of weeks, teams don't really know how to prepare for you. Last year, it was alot of gimiks and trick plays because we were so depleted. Once teams figured that out the offense stalled. This year, our #1 receiver for half of last year is basically a nonfactor. We don't need gimiks to move the ball anymore.

There's going to be games where the offense or defense struggles, it's the NFL. But I think overall, we're going to be much more consistent because the team as a whole is healthy and much better. We did have one of the most talented rosters last year, just half of the best players were hurt. Outside of Burfict, we have everyone at full go so far.
Reply/Quote
Well Dalton was playing well early last year, but lets be honest. He had 2 passing TD's after 3 games compared to 8 this year. The Bengals had a serious issue with cashing in inside the red zone last year. No such troubles this year.

I'm loving what I'm seeing so far, but I can't say whether this year is different until I actually see them win a playoff game. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Let's not forget that injuries strated piling up last year after week 3. Having eifert and Marvin jones in the lineup already makes this team different
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote

well This week 4 we will have all 3 of our starting linebackers * (with vinny rey counting as one of the 3)

We have all 3 of our top Reciving prospects on the field and 100

Only thing thats the same besides our record is no Burfict for week 4.

So you cant rely on history to determine the future in the NFL
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 11:10 AM)Shady Wrote: Dalton is playing far better than he did last year. He had a bad throw that led to the INT yesterday, but otherwise he's playing with more confidence and intelligence than he ever has. His throws just plain look better, too. We can credit Tom House for that part, I guess.

That's the main difference, and I also think the whole offense looks better, more fluid. Credit Hue for that. Once we can get Hill going, this offense is going to be REALLY fun to watch.

Dalton was changing the play out there alot by the looks of it he is in control of that offense...
Reply/Quote
The next 3 games are all against playoff contenders. There might be a loss or two...but HOW it happens will be big. A mentally strong team and a team that continues to put the pressure on the other side, will get it done.

Lets face it, the schedule is tough, but no longer should any divisional game be considered a toss-up. We're better than every team in this division by at least a FG and should go 5-1/6-0. Losing games to Denver, Seattle, Arizona, Buffalo, etc...no shame in those.
Reply/Quote
Lets hope for a consistent dalton all through season/playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Without jinxing Dalton, I will say it seems to me he's playing better this year. In yesterday's game, even though he didn't have a clean pocket many times, he scrambled or stepped up and seemed to make the right decision a lot of the times. The 80 yard TD to Green occurred after he stepped up almost into Gio who got pushed back. But Andy stepped up and made a great throw, leading Green perfectly.

During a scramble, he juked out Mosley to score the first TD and a couple of other times he scrambled and slid at the right time to both get a first down and also not get hit hard. Finally, on the game winning drive, IIRC, he scrambled out of pressure (a little Aaron Rodgers like) and made a perfect pass to Gio on the run, which led to Gio being able to catch it in stride and run another 15 - 20 yards and shut up the crowd for an instant.

If Dalton can show this amount of poise and composure in the rest of the games, the Bengals will be in great shape.
Reply/Quote
Last time it felt like Dalton was getting a little lucky. A 70 yard slant to Sanu for a win, the bobble catch with AJ vs Baltimore.

This year it seems like he has complete control. He has been very very convincing in the wins thus far. Hope he keeps it up. His passes have looked more on target then ever before..... Maybe the McCarron push in preseason opened his eyes Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 12:55 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Last time it felt like Dalton was getting a little lucky. A 70 yard slant to Sanu for a win, the bobble catch with AJ vs Baltimore.

This year it seems like he has complete control. He has been very very convincing in the wins thus far. Hope he keeps it up. His passes have looked more on target then ever before..... Maybe the McCarron push in preseason opened his eyes Big Grin

That could be some of it....however, Andy is a notorious hard worker.  I think the difference is the continued work on his mechanics, another year in Hue's scheme, the outlet in Eifert, and the deep threat of Marvin Jones.  He doesn't have to force things.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 01:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: That could be some of it....however, Andy is a notorious hard worker.  I think the difference is the continued work on his mechanics, another year in Hue's scheme, the outlet in Eifert, and the deep threat of Marvin Jones.  He doesn't have to force things.....

Exactly this. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 01:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: That could be some of it....however, Andy is a notorious hard worker.  I think the difference is the continued work on his mechanics, another year in Hue's scheme, the outlet in Eifert, and the deep threat of Marvin Jones.  He doesn't have to force things.....

For sure. Andy is a scheme guy. The more comfortable he gets, the better he plays. Hopefully Hue stays a while, cuz there will always be dips when we change coordinators.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 01:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: For sure. Andy is a scheme guy. The more comfortable he gets, the better he plays. Hopefully Hue stays a while, cuz there will always be dips when we change coordinators.

Absolutely.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

You can't make a really strong judgement after three weeks but I gotta say, to me, this year has a different vibe.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 01:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: For sure. Andy is a scheme guy. The more comfortable he gets, the better he plays. Hopefully Hue stays a while, cuz there will always be dips when we change coordinators.

They are just about all Scheme guys when talking about QBs lol
Reply/Quote

Three ways this year does not mirror last year--Geno back to form, Eifert and MLJ.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote