Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where's the excitement?! We are 4-0!!!
The team is 4-0 for the first time since 2005. Looks to have arguably the best offense in the league right now. Dalton is playing fantastically. The D-line is a constant threat on passing downs. I have never seen a better team than this since I started following the Bengals in 2007.

Does this team have a few areas to improve? Sure! Which team doesn't; but for crying out loud lets not bombard this message board with threads that nit-pick small areas of weakness. We wait a decade for a season like this and when it comes around so many people seem hell bent on ignoring the fun. Perhaps I'll put it down to shellshock and disbelief!

Either way, long may it continue. Unbeaten! Who DEY!

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 09:36 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: The team is 4-0 for the first time since 2005. Looks to have arguably the best offense in the league right now. Dalton is playing fantastically. The D-line is a constant threat on passing downs. I have never seen a better team than this since I started following the Bengals in 2007.

Does this team have a few areas to improve? Sure! Which team doesn't; but for crying out loud lets not bombard this message board with threads that nit-pick small areas of weakness. We wait a decade for a season like this and when it comes around so many people seem hell bent on ignoring the fun. Perhaps I'll put it down to shellshock and disbelief!

Wink   Now this I can support.  Who Dey!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 09:36 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: The team is 4-0 for the first time since 2005. Looks to have arguably the best offense in the league right now. Dalton is playing fantastically. The D-line is a constant threat on passing downs. I have never seen a better team than this since I started following the Bengals in 2007.

Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
That's it, i'm moving to Britain.

Reply/Quote

Totally agree Brit !

For those nit-picking the defense, we were facing one of the better Rb's in the NFL. Maclin and the TE are top level playmakers. And we didn't allow a friggin TD ! Put whatever label you want on it but it was a good job overall.

Once Burfict is back we'll be a top level D.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 09:45 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Totally agree Brit !

For those nit-picking the defense, we were facing one of the better Rb's in the NFL. Maclin and the TE are top level playmakers. And we didn't allow a friggin TD ! Put whatever label you want on it but it was a good job overall.

Once Burfict is back we'll be a top level D.

And we lost Adam Jones.  Iloka was out.  Dre was playing hurt.
Reply/Quote
We have a net points of +44. Tied for 3rd in the entire NFL. Who is it that can not see this team has serious weapons and could go a long way this year? Who Dey! So far nobody.

We'll get tested next week when Seattle comes calling. Hold onto your hat! It's going to be a great game!

Go Bengals!
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Four words:

Running on all cylinders.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 09:48 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: And we lost Adam Jones.  Iloka was out.  Dre was playing hurt.

Right
Reply/Quote
Andy -- 7 completions of 20+ yards. Dang. That is getting it done. We stay healthy and we'll have a #1 or #2 seed.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 09:48 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: And we lost Adam Jones.  Iloka was out.  Dre was playing hurt.

Dennard stepped up.
Reply/Quote
Just another boring win by the Bengals Wink
Reply/Quote

Reasons why I'm not excited.

The Raiders aren't very good.
The Chargers aren't very good.
Ray Rice not being on the Ravens any more makes a huge difference.
Alex Smith sucks really bad.

I'm happy for the Bengals right now, but I'm not jumping out of my seat. I'll do that when we win a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
It's not often that you can say this after only 4 games, but it'd be a massive upset if the Bengals didn't win the division. At this point, they have to be gunning for a BYE.

I'm about as excited as I get during regular season. It's all about the playoffs for me at this point. I will admit that this looks like the most promising Bengals team I've ever seen. I want to see consistent greatness from them though. This team just feels like they're finally capable of that. We'll see.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 09:59 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Reasons why I'm not excited.

I'm happy for the Bengals right now, but I'm not jumping out of my seat. I'll do that when we win a playoff game.

Can only play who is in front of you mate. I happen to disagree. Raiders are as good as they have been in a long time. I think the Chargers are a good side and will challenge the Broncos for the top spot when the season moves forward. The Ravens do look to be having a bad year. The Chiefs defence has been very good and ferocious. Not one single sack did the O-line allow today, shut out Houston, Poe et al. That isn't the norm, our unit is just that good.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 09:59 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Reasons why I'm not excited.

Reasons why I am excited.

Every team in the NFL is good - period ! Is every team the Patriots or Packers ? No But don't buy into this BS. I assure you each and every NFL team will beat your ass if you don't bring it. Ever heard any given Sunday ?

Andy Dalton is playing with a new found confidence as is the entire team. So far they have "IT" Are there going to be waves in the ocean ? Sure

But I'm more excited about this teams potential than any since 05.
Reply/Quote
You are asking long time Bengals fans where their excitement is?

I think after the Bengals win next week, people will be exciteded and this city and the fans of this team will come out in force. Until then though, they will stay reserved and hopeful because in the back of their minds, that other shoe is going to drop and it is going to hurt...badly.

Just remember, fans of this team think the Bengals are "Snake Bitten".

Greg Cook
Stanley Wilson
Tim Krumrei
KiJana Carter
The 90's
Carson Palmer
The four 1 and dones in a row

People are afraid to get excited because they have been let down so many times, but after the Bengals beat the Seahawks next week, all that will change.

I'm excited though, I'm ready to go!

WHO-DEY!!!
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
This guy is excited for sure, haven't seen the offense run this fluidly since the 09 team (gulp, man that pains me to say)

Bright things ahead for sure!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 09:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's not often that you can say this after only 4 games, but it'd be a massive upset if the Bengals didn't win the division. At this point, they have to be gunning for a BYE.

I'm about as excited as I get during regular season. It's all about the playoffs for me at this point. I will admit that this looks like the most promising Bengals team I've ever seen. I want to see consistent greatness from them though. This team just feels like they're finally capable of that. We'll see.

Capable is the key word. They are capable of it but will they do it is another story.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 10:15 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: You are asking long time Bengals fans where their excitement is?

I think after the Bengals win next week, people will be exciteded and this city and the fans of this team will come out in force. Until then though, they will stay reserved and hopeful because in the back of their minds, that other shoe is going to drop and it is going to hurt...badly.

Just remember, fans of this team think the Bengals are "Snake Bitten".

Greg Cook
Stanley Wilson
Tim Krumrei
KiJana Carter
The 90's
Carson Palmer
The four 1 and dones in a row

People are afraid to get excited because they have been let down so many times, but after the Bengals beat the Seahawks next week, all that will change.

I'm excited though, I'm ready to go!

WHO-DEY!!!

Totally understand and get that. And I think you are right, should this team move to 5-0 or even 6-0, things will change. Buuuuuuut, this is clearly different. This isn't the 90s, all this team under Dalton has done is find a way in the regular season. Hell I'd understand being subdued that first playoff game, totally. However this is the regular season and the Bengals are tearing it up.

Reply/Quote