Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com playoff picture
http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

I love when they post these. Makes me laugh .
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 08:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

I love when they post these.   Makes me laugh .

Well, they don't have the Patriots going undefeated.  And the Bills in and the Steelers out?  I don't see that.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
If we keep playing the way we've been playing then 1st seed might not be that much a of stretch. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 09:56 PM)McC Wrote: Well, they don't have the Patriots going undefeated.  And the Bills in and the Steelers out?  I don't see that.  

It's just a projection based on the current standings.  They're not predictions.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 09:56 PM)McC Wrote: Well, they don't have the Patriots going undefeated.  And the Bills in and the Steelers out?  I don't see that.  

The Bills and Steelers look far from sure bets right now. The Steelers are 2-2 with Pig Ben out for at least 4 more weeks? With that "defense"?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Just curious, what tie breakers do we have to give us the 1 seed?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 11:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Bills and Steelers look far from sure bets right now. The Steelers are 2-2 with Pig Ben out for at least 4 more weeks? With that "defense"?

Definitely not a sure bet, but It's hard to see many of the team's behind them coming up and taking their spot though.  Who's gonna do it? The Titans? Raiders? Ravens?  

In my opinion, you have the Bengals, Patriots, and Broncos fighting for the top 2 seeds, the Colts getting the 4th by default, and the Jets, Bills, Steelers, and Chargers fighting for the two WC spots.  It could always change, but I don't trust any other teams in the conference to make a run at this point.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 12:51 AM)Bryan Wrote: Just curious, what tie breakers do we have to give us the 1 seed?

Coolest helmets.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 12:51 AM)Bryan Wrote: Just curious, what tie breakers do we have to give us the 1 seed?

strength of schedule
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 12:53 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Definitely not a sure bet, but It's hard to see many of the team's behind them coming up and taking their spot though.  Who's gonna do it? The Titans? Raiders? Ravens?  

In my opinion, you have the Bengals, Patriots, and Broncos fighting for the top 2 seeds, the Colts getting the 4th by default, and the Jets, Bills, Steelers, and Chargers fighting for the two WC spots.  It could always change, but I don't trust any other teams in the conference to make a run at this point.

I'd say the bolded is accurate, but I trust the Chargers over the Steelers at this point. They have a healthy top QB, Gates is back, decent defense, plenty of weapons of offense. I'd bet on them at this point over the Vick led Steelers any day. Roethlisberger and Bell are the only reasons that team is good despite that terrible defense. 

After that, it'll be a toss up between the Jets, Bills, Steelers, Raiders and Titans for the last spot. Those teams all have problems though. It'll be interesting to see how things play out. I think things are wide open at the bottom, and I could see any of those teams taking a spot over the Steelers or Bills. 

I honestly think it's a strong possibility that the Steelers lose their next 4 games:

@Chargers
vs Cards
@Chiefs
vs Bengals

Does anyone think they should be favored in any of those games with Vick at QB? A 2-6 start (or even 3-5) could kill their chances. They're not unbeatable even with Roethlisberger and the schedule gets no easier when he comes back.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 01:36 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I honestly think it's a strong possibility that the Steelers lose their next 4 games:

@Chargers
vs Cards
@Chiefs
vs Bengals

Does anyone think they should be favored in any of those games with Vick at QB?

Vick only had 3 days to prepare for his start against the Ravens.  I think he will look better now that he has had more time getting all the reps in practice as the full time starter.  

But they could still easily lose all 4 of those games.
Reply/Quote

Bengals have won 4 AFC conference games already.
Broncos won 3 conference games and Patriots won 2.

That's why the Packers are above the Panthers. They won 3 NFC conference games, but the Panthers won 2.
Reply/Quote
As long as the Bengals remain healthy for the most part they will be fine come playoff seeding time with home field advantage even.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 03:45 AM)Go Cards Wrote: As long as the Bengals remain healthy for the most part they will be fine come playoff seeding time with home field advantage even.

It's hopeful, but I don't think the Bengals get the #1 seed.

No because of their talent, but because of their schedule. They play the Seahawks, Bills, Broncos, Steelers (twice), Broncos, Cardinals, and Rams.

Patriots play the Colts, Bills, Jets (twice), and Broncos. Those are the only tough teams they play.

But that's the only team I can see being above the Bengals. Colts have a tough schedule and haven't seemed great.

Broncos play the Colts, Packers, Chiefs, Patriots, Chargers (twice), Steelers, and Bengals.

It seems everyone else besides the Patriots is going to have to go against at least 5 good teams.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 04:06 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It's hopeful, but I don't think the Bengals get the #1 seed.

No because of their talent, but because of their schedule. They play the Seahawks, Bills, Broncos, Steelers (twice), Broncos, Cardinals, and Rams.

Patriots play the Colts, Bills, Jets (twice), and Broncos. Those are the only tough teams they play.

But that's the only team I can see being above the Bengals. Colts have a tough schedule and haven't seemed great.

Broncos play the Colts, Packers, Chiefs, Patriots, Chargers (twice), Steelers, and Bengals.

It seems everyone else besides the Patriots is going to have to go against at least 5 good teams.

I don't think it's a given NE beats Dallas this weekend, even with Weeden at QB.  Dallas needs a win badly and plays pretty good defense.  If they can get after Brady they can keep the game close.  Easier said than done but it is the NFL.
Reply/Quote
We're 4-0 in the AFC.
Reply/Quote
The road to the Super Bowl will go through New England. The only thing that could derail that is an injury to Brady or his butt buddy Gronk.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 12:57 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: We're 4-0 in the AFC.

Yeah, this is why we have a great shot at the #1 seed. Problem is the Pats play a cake sched after Dallas.

I think the Pats will be the #1 seed and we will be the #2. Broncos #3, Colts #4 (which is bogus BTW)

Chargers will make the Playoffs as a WC as should the Bills.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 02:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Vick only had 3 days to prepare for his start against the Ravens.  I think he will look better now that he has had more time getting all the reps in practice as the full time starter.  

But they could still easily lose all 4 of those games.

Honestly, I don't think we're going to see any better from Vick. He went 19 of 26 for a TD and avoided turnovers.

That's about the best you can expect from him. 35 year old Vick is not going to win games. They just need him to manage the offense and not turn it over, and that's exactly what he did in his first start. It still wasn't enough - in Pittsburgh - against a weak Ravens team. 

The next 4 weeks are going to be interesting.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 08:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

I love when they post these.   Makes me laugh .

Wow, they've got the Bengals at the #1 seed. Of course, they've also got every team in the NFL under the In the Hunt category, even the winless Lions.

Reminds me of 1981 and 1988.

Reply/Quote