Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS***
Surprised there has been no thread started about this since the new season got under way. Anyway, what do you guys think so far? I thought the first two episodes were awesome. Loved how they were done.

SPOILERS

Looks like we finally got to see what the wolves were all about first hand. Loved the friction between Carol and Morgan. Morgan will turn and realize you do need to kill in due time. I thought it was funny when Morgan was tying that dude up and Carol just ran by and shot him in the head.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
There was one on the old board and one for Fear here.

SPOLIERS:
Agreed, the first two episodes have been great. And it's getting back to what made it good. Hopefully when they settle in, they won't spend another two season's of Rick planting things while the rest of the place turns into a soap opera. I really thought they were going to kill Carol off. I kept expecting somebody to come up behind her. Glad it didn't happen, she's become one of the show's few halfway interesting characters. It should be interesting how they're setting it up for her and Morgan to clash in a different way that him and Rick.

But I don't think Morgan is going to get back into killing people. Not unless something big happens (like Carl or Judith are in danger, Carol or someone gets killed, etc).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just change the title to have "spoilers" in it.

I turned episode 1 off because it was boring. Episode 2 was good. I like when non comic material is done well. It seems like they're upping the pace of the comic.

Comic spoilers (Not too bad, generic)

To get an idea of pacing, season one was basically issues 1-6. Season 2 was basically issues 7-12. As you can see, the pacing was slow. Seasons 3 and up to the mid season break for 4 were issues 13-48. Huge jump in pacing. While the first 2 seasons were one whole years worth of issues (1 a month), the next 1.5 seasons covered 3 years of comics. The rest of season 4 was issues 49-64 (they just changed the hunting cannibals into the cannibal town of Terminus). So that's another 1.5 years of comics in half a season. The first half of season 5 is dealing with the cannibals, some missed material from those past issues (basically meeting Gabriel) and then them continuing on to DC, so that's issues 65 and 66 plus the various random stuff from issues 60-64. So it's slow, but it's a lot of non comic filler. The rest of season 5 was issues 67-77.

Now,spoilers for real: Issue 78 ends the 13th volume. In it, the shot from killing Pete attracts a gang to Alexandria. They demand shit and threaten Rick. He has Andrea (basically Sasha in the show has taken her job) kill their sniper and then kill their leader. He then leads them in a gun fight over the gang. Reg (Regina is a dude in the comics) realizes that he cannot lead Alexandria. Rick is now in control. I am assuming this is coming since we saw her fail to lead during the fight with the Wolves. The other thing is the herd is attracted by the gunfire. Alexandria didn't know about it prior to that. Issues 79-84 deal with the herd and it's impact on Alexandria. Issues 85-90 deal with Rick making some decisions that anger longtime Alexandria residents and him having to assert his power. Issues 91-96 deal with them meeting this guy who wants them to trade with his community and eventually realizing other groups exist like them. Issues 97-102 deal with meeting the enemy of that group.

Show rumors:

We know they have their actor for Jesus (Paul), the guy who they meet from the other group. So they at least plan on covering issues 78-93 this season. But the real surprise was the fact that a casting call for a character in episode 16 is a dead ringer for Negan, the enemy they meet in issue 100. So it seems like they plan on going to issue 100 this season and ending it with revealing him.

This is where my concern is. The next 26 issues deal with their issues with Negan. Based on recent pacing, that might be 1 season. So we're talking being on issue 127 to start season 8. So October of 2017. At that point, the comics will be on issue 171. The comic is currently at issue 147, so the show is only roughly through half of comic material that is out there. At the end of this season, the comic's lead will shrink from 70 comics to 53 comics. By the end of season 7, it could be down to 39 comics. Issue 150 is suppose to be "huge" and game changing. It could be the end of season 8 if they choose to do comics 127-150. That means we're talking about the comics only being 25 issues ahead of the show.

I'm not sure when the show will end, but it will eventually catch up in season 9. The only way it won't is if they SPOILER.... cover the 3 years that pass between issues 126 and 127.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
If you can edit the title, just put "***SPOILERS***" into it so people are aware before even opening the thread because at some point, myself or someone else will forget to put it into their post.

***SPOILERS***

That community is done for, it is not going to survive after the next episode, lol.

Thousands of walkers are headed that way and most of those that can fight are on the other side of the "Herd" and they won't be able to fight their way through to help those in the community. They will be scattered for a bit and come back together but with some extra cast members and their travels will continue.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 07:14 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This is where my concern is. The next 26 issues deal with their issues with Negan. Based on recent pacing, that might be 1 season. So we're talking being on issue 127 to start season 8. So October of 2017. At that point, the comics will be on issue 171. The comic is currently at issue 147, so the show is only roughly through half of comic material that is out there. At the end of this season, the comic's lead will shrink from 70 comics to 53 comics. By the end of season 7, it could be down to 39 comics. Issue 150 is suppose to be "huge" and game changing. It could be the end of season 8 if they choose to do comics 127-150. That means we're talking about the comics only being 25 issues ahead of the show.

I'm not sure when the show will end, but it will eventually catch up in season 9. The only way it won't is if they SPOILER.... cover the 3 years that pass between issues 126 and 127.

9-10 seasons is a pretty good run for most shows. By that point, actors are (typically) wanting to go in other directions, creative staff starts to run out of new ideas (which I get is a little different since it's based off of comics, but still), and some people are just older.
Reply/Quote
Great beginning to the season. I'm liking the mix between using source material as well as original content. The cinematography is badass, and I'm liking the style that the recent (into last season) episodes have had.

If they do end this season around issue 100, as pat suggested, there will either be a huge cliffhanger or a really sad audience.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Wow, they killed him that way? What an insult to that character. He deserved his death from the comics, not this bullshit.

My guess is that...

SPOILERS

>
>>

>>
>

>
>

Daryl gets his death from the comics.

Reply/Quote
....damn.

I'm a bit speechless, really.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 10:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Wow, they killed him that way? What an insult to that character. He deserved his death from the comics, not this bullshit.

My guess is that...

SPOILERS

>
>>

>>
>

>
>

Daryl gets his death from the comics.

They won't kill off Daryl, he has way to many followers and people will be pissed big time.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 10:55 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: They won't kill off Survivor X, he has way to many followers and people will be pissed big time.

Awful reason not to kill him. The point of Villain X killing off Glenn was that killing him showed that anyone can die, even an original character. 

Reply/Quote
Spoilerish from comics

>>
>
>>

>
>
>
>
>>

>
>
>
>
>

Other people that could take his place: Carol, Abraham, Morgan. I do not believe Sasha since she is the TV show's Andrea (the TV Andrea was not the real Andrea). Carol makes sense as much as Daryl. Abraham has his own, but they could change it. Morgan dies before that, but they are building him up more in the show, so this could be how he goes.

Reply/Quote
SPOILERS

I agree with Pat on this one.  Darryl could take Glenn's comic death. It was a huge comic moment, and if Darryl dies in this show, it'll be a huge event.  It only makes sense.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
I have a feeling Glenn isn't really dead. Nicholas appeared to fall on top of him and could be the one getting ripped apart. Although with that many zombies around him I don't see how he would survive even if that was the case.

Either way the writers are getting really bad at killing off main characters. First Beth, now (possibly) Glenn. If you're going to kill off a main character at least don't make it super lame.

Edit: Spoilers is in the title of the thread, so I'm not going to write it on every post.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 11:30 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I have a feeling Glenn isn't really dead. Nicholas appeared to fall on top of him and could be the one getting ripped apart. Although with that many zombies around him I don't see how he would survive even if that was the case.

Either way the writers are getting really bad at killing off main characters. First Beth, now (possibly Glenn). If you're going to kill off a main character at least don't make it super lame.

Edit: Spoilers is in the title of the thread, so I'm not going to write it on every post.

Definitely lame deaths. As far as spoilers go, I am trying to make sure I just write it for comic stuff.

Reply/Quote
SHOW SPOILER FOR UPCOMING EPISODE

>>
>
>>

>>
>

>
>>
>
>

>
>>

>
>
>

Ummm.... here is a set pic of Glenn with Jesus... some are saying that Nicholas' body on top of him shielded him. Or he was on set to film a flashback at the same time Jesus was filming a scene

[Image: 12190842_1055409637825430_27422408604456...e=56B7229E]

>
>
>

>
>
>
>>

>
>
>
>
>> END

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 11:52 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: SHOW SPOILER FOR UPCOMING EPISODE

>>
>
>>

>>
>

>
>>
>
>

>
>>

>
>
>

Ummm.... here is a set pic of Glenn with Jesus... some are saying that Nicholas' body on top of him shielded him. Or he was on set to film a flashback at the same time Jesus was filming a scene

[Image: 12190842_1055409637825430_27422408604456...e=56B7229E]

>
>
>

>
>
>
>>

>
>
>
>
>> END

Knew it. Especially with the way they were handling it on the talking dead. 

Side Note: I can't stand that show. Mainly because of Chris Hardwick, but I watched it this week because of what happened. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I don't know which would be more lame. Killing him off like that, or having him survive it somehow.

Really wrote themselves into a corner on this one.
Reply/Quote
I've avoided this thread because I didn't want spoilers, because I don't ever get to see it when the new shows air on Sundays. 

But did they just really kill Glenn?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God I hope they're pulling something on us. Gaah
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 10:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Wow, they killed him that way? What an insult to that character. He deserved his death from the comics, not this bullshit.

That was what I thought. Dead in an alley with some doofus he was trying to redeem? He didn't even get a chance to go down swinging. Or running. Or anything.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 01:49 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I don't know which would be more lame. Killing him off like that, or having him survive it somehow.

Really wrote themselves into a corner on this one.

Yup.  A character of his caliber deserves a much better send-off, but at this point, I'd be pretty annoyed if he survived that situation.  I would bet that he survives, due to the intentional ambiguity of the scene.  They could have cleared this up completely by zooming back 5 feet.  I think that they intentionally made us believe that he was killed.  Also, the set photos say that he'll still be around for a while....unless those were a clever ploy to throw everyone off the scent of Glenn's death.

Still...how do you get out of that situation? I think they'd have a rough time rationally explaining that one.
LFG  

Reply/Quote