Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
This League's A Joke
This costs us first place in the division and the conference because of a bullshit call.

The runner lowered his head to hit Hilton:

[video=youtube][/video]

How can he do that better?
Reply/Quote
The call did not cost us the game at all.

It did not take any of our points off the board or add any to the Jets.

We just got our ass kicked today. Refs had nothing to do with it.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This costs us first place in the division and the conference because of a bullshit call.

The runner lowered his head to hit Ossai:

How can he do that better?

First, we lost because we gave up 34 points.

Second, Ossai has been on IR all year...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Call was garbage, but one play didn't lose the game. Poor play allowed that to be magnified.
Reply/Quote
Refs didn't lose the game, we did.It really is that simple.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
While I agree the call was b.s., having the ball first and goal at the 1 yd line, and losing 12 yards on 4 plays and getting nothing was what lost us the game.
Reply/Quote
The call affected the outcome. It happens. Frustrating for sure, but they should not have been in that situation.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:07 PM)Destro Wrote: Call was garbage, but one play didn't lose the game. Poor play allowed that to be magnified.

(10-31-2021, 06:09 PM)The American Dream Wrote: Refs didn't lose the game, we did.It really is that simple.

We played a bad game, but we win the game without that horrible call.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:12 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We played a bad game, but we win the game without that horrible call.

You believe we win the game, but no one knows for sure. It was a stomach turning call but the game was lost because of the defense.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The call did not cost us the game at all.

It did not take any of our points off the board or add any to the Jets.

We just got our ass kicked today.  Refs had nothing to do with it.

Had plenty to do with it. That cost us a chance to get the ball back. Not to mention the bs TD the Jets got before half when the guy was bobbling the ball and never controlled until he was way out of bounds. That would be a FG attempt and not a TD.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
It was a collective effort.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:12 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We played a bad game, but we win the game without that horrible call.

Fair enough if you believe that pal.

But if our D actually showed up that call wouldn't have mattered.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote

Based on what science. They punt and we do what? Another INT? 4 and out. You convinced we just march down the field and score because we had such an awesome game and fourth quarter? Nothing is to say we would have done anything with the football. And let's say they get an 80 yard bomb to Chase to take the lead. Time left and timeouts, who is to say they don't run down and score again. They scored 3 times already. 

What if the Higgins catch was reviewed and overturned, maybe they don't score on that drive. Some penalties straight up cost the game. This one didn't. The defense also didn't stop them again when they had a chance. Can't hang the L on the refs.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:13 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: You believe we win the game, but no one knows for sure. It was a stomach turning call but the game was lost because of the defense.

The defense absolutely lost it. The offense still scored 31 which wins 90% of the time...maybe more. If you really want to take jabs at the league try rigged games and the league admitting it on camera.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

How do you know that? 
Reply/Quote
Bad call, but the Bengals lost the game long before that play occurred.
Reply/Quote
Refs make really bad inexplicable calls sometimes. Hopefully the Bengals are thinking about getting picked apart and doing, seemingly, nothing to address it. Any halfway competent college QB could have had the game White had with the Bengals defense playing like that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Just like in UFC, don't put the fight in the hands of the judges. You won't like the outcome.

The team that played Baltimore last week doesn't get put in a position where one BS call flips the game.
Reply/Quote
If they played to the level they were capable of for the entire game, the Bengals would have had an 18 point lead by that point in the game. The zebras didn't blow an 11 point lead with only seven minutes left, that was us.

We're on to Cleveland. Let's win that and get into the bye healthy, and we can still win the division.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:22 PM)grampahol Wrote: The defense absolutely lost it. The offense still scored 31 which wins 90% of the time...maybe more.

Interesting. I saw a game that both sides lost. The defense gave the ball to the offense on the Jets 1 and the 15 on their first 3 drives and they came out of those 3 drives with 7 points and a turnover. I also saw where the offense had the ball, a lead, and then they turned it over on their own 15 for the game deciding points.

Pretending that only one side of the team lost this game is silly. It's not an either/or. They both could have contributed to the loss.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote