Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carman Injury
Did he come back? He looked like he got snapped in half and then grabbed his lower back. Thought it looked pretty bad until he walked off. Did he return to the game?
Reply/Quote
I don’t think he did. Very concerning if it’s the same back issue he was dealing with in college. Backs are so unpredictable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 11:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think he did. Very concerning if it’s the same back issue he was dealing with in college. Backs are so unpredictable.

Oh ya, crap, I forgot he came with that injury history. It happened very suddenly, hope it isn’t too serious.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 12:47 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Oh ya, crap, I forgot he came with that injury history. It happened very suddenly, hope it isn’t too serious.

Per Zac Taylor via Kelsey Conway

Just have to hope he tweaked it a little but never great to hear the "No further update" versus the "should be good to go" or "nothing major".

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
The only thing I saw that was optimistic (having back issues my self) is that he was grabbing his kidney area and not the middle of his back where his spine is. I suspect (hope) maybe it's just a muscle pull.
Reply/Quote
With the potential injury concern with Carman, the Bengals might want to try to make a move before Tuesday's trade deadline for an IOL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:32 AM)ochocincos Wrote: With the potential injury concern with Carman, the Bengals might want to try to make a move before Tuesday's trade deadline for an IOL.

Agreed!
Reply/Quote
From Bengals.com

Jackson Carman, the starting right guard, practiced full Wednesday after getting carted off the field Sunday on the last series with a back issue …
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 04:25 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: From Bengals.com

Jackson Carman, the starting right guard, practiced full Wednesday after getting carted off the field Sunday on the last series with a back issue …

This is good news.  Hope he continues to improve and there is one less spot needing replacement at year's end.  
Reply/Quote
I don’t think this had to do with the injury, but that play he essentially got a haymaker from the linebacker. It looked like an intentional punch to the helmet with really no purpose.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 08:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is good news.  Hope he continues to improve and there is one less spot needing replacement at year's end.  

It would be so nice to only have to worry about 1 or no OL position to worry about this coming offseason.
A lot of players have stepped up their performance this season.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 10:15 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It would be so nice to only have to worry about 1 or no OL position to worry about this coming offseason.

Just draft Tyler Lindenbaum and we won’t have to worry about the line for several years
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 10:30 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Just draft Tyler Lindenbaum and we won’t have to worry about the line for several years

So you're suggesting the Bengals tank to draft in the top half-dozen picks?
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 10:15 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It would be so nice to only have to worry about 1 or no OL position to worry about this coming offseason.

Yep, really hoping Smith can show at OT or even Adeniji.  Nice that we have a couple options there.  If they can go with draft picks like them on the line and be ok, the FA dollars can be spent elsewhere like LB, CB, or even DE.

I am starting to realize that there are essentially no offensive lines that can contain the best talent in the NFL on defensive lines.  That is where the most talented athletes are now.  I think at one time it was LB, but it is so much about affection the QB that I don't see many lines that can make a big difference.  You just can't have glaring weaknesses like they did at RG and RT last year.  

I am not saying you ignore the offensive line.  Just having solid talent and depth should be enough. The best QBs (and we have one) find a way.  
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 10:35 AM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: So you're suggesting the Bengals tank to draft in the top half-dozen picks?

I doubt a C would go in the Top 10, but I do think he has a shot to go in the 11-15 range.
If the Bengals really think he'll be a great fit and they're drafting in the 16-22 range, they should probably consider trading up some to get him.
Don't want another Frank Ragnow situation where he gets taken the pick before you and then you panic to get the second person on your list.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 10:30 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Just draft Tyler Lindenbaum and we won’t have to worry about the line for several years

(11-04-2021, 10:35 AM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: So you're suggesting the Bengals tank to draft in the top half-dozen picks?

Id love to get Tyler but I do expect him to be gone when we pick.  The name to look out for is Dohnovan West.  He is a guard/center out of ASU.  Hes going to be a center at the NFL level and like linderbaum hes a great athlete but slightly undersized and they both have wresting backgrounds.

That said if i had to guess our pick right now id say sauce gardner is gonna be high on bengals wishlist.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 10:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yep, really hoping Smith can show at OT or even Adeniji.  Nice that we have a couple options there.  If they can go with draft picks like them on the line and be ok, the FA dollars can be spent elsewhere like LB, CB, or even DE.

I am starting to realize that there are essentially no offensive lines that can contain the best talent in the NFL on defensive lines.  That is where the most talented athletes are now.  I think at one time it was LB, but it is so much about affection the QB that I don't see many lines that can make a big difference.  You just can't have glaring weaknesses like they did at RG and RT last year.  

I am not saying you ignore the offensive line.  Just having solid talent and depth should be enough. The best QBs (and we have one) find a way.  

We've even seen where the OL overall can be really good as long as it has just one weak link.
Andre Smith at one time, then Bodine.
The rest of the OL could help compensate for the most part.
It's when you have multiple soft spots (like the past 4-5 years) that you start to really have problems.

If Carman comes along, C could be the only spot. And Hopkins may also be able to truly return to form as a pass protector by season's end, which would further help.

I don't know if there's ever been a year where the Bengals had enough solid or better starters in place that they could afford to draft pure BPA, but I think they are just a few players away from being able to do so.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 09:29 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I don’t think this had to do with the injury, but that play he essentially got a haymaker from the linebacker. It looked like an intentional punch to the helmet with really no purpose.

Didn't see that! Need to take another look...

From how it was described and how it looked, it appeared that he had a spasm.

I've had 3 back spasm episodes in my life and in all 3, my body just locked up and I fell face first (twice) or backwards (once) and I couldn't move for at least a few minutes, before my body unlocked itself.

I mean, I'm sure I could've moved, but maybe it was the shock of the sitch that I just couldn't move. Luckily, the two times I fell forward, were on my bed and at work, when I was putting meat out (I had the rotating cart in front of me, so that helped break my fall).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Glad he seems like he'll be back, but it's really not a good sign overall. Backs don't really seem to get better with age or anything. So surgery pre-NFL and now an injury in his first year isn't great news.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

That would be amazing, but I doubt he makes it to us, unless we completely fall apart the rest of the season. 
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote