Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grading Every Team's 1st Round Pick!
CBSSports ranked every team's first-round draft pick of 2021, and the Bengals received the only A+ with Ja'Marr Chase!

Quote:No. 5: Cincinnati Bengals - WR Ja'Marr Chase
Grade: A+

Easy "A" for the Bengals, of course. Chase is the frontrunner for the Offensive Rookie of the Year, and he's having a Randy Moss-esque debut year in the NFL. He's averaging a hefty 8.0 yards after the catch per reception -- which is buoyed by a 82-yard score against the Ravens that was of the highlight variety after the catch -- and Burrow's passer rating is 124.1 on throws in Chase's direction, which indirectly equates to Burrow being the best quarterback in the NFL when he targets his former LSU teammate.

Damn good.

It's unreal that they compared his year to Randy's! I can't wait to see him only strengthen this grade and improve as the year(s) go on!

I'm loving what we have in Chase and I think Burrow, Chase, and the rest of the weapons could put up some historic numbers before their time here is done!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
Definitely a home run pick. Thought maybe Parsons and Slater would also be A+’s, but it’s kinda cool Chase is the only one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Easy grade, Chase has been historically good through the first half of the season. Another thing to keep in mind is that Chase is 21 and Burrow is 24. These two are going to be around for a long time, folks.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 09:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: CBSSports ranked every team's first-round draft pick of 2021, and the Bengals received the only A+ with Ja'Marr Chase!

It's unreal that they compared his year to Randy's! I can't wait to see him only strengthen this grade and improve as the year(s) go on!

I'm loving what we have in Chase and I think Burrow, Chase, and the rest of the weapons could put up some historic numbers before their time here is done!

WHO-DEY!

His stats through half a year definitely back up the comparison to Randy’s rookie stats. Really the only thing Randy’s first year beat Chase’s projections is TD’s. Chase on pace for more yards, catches, better catch rate, YPC, etc.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 10:29 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: His stats through half a year definitely back up the comparison to Randy’s rookie stats. Really the only thing Randy’s first year beat Chase’s projections is TD’s. Chase on pace for more yards, catches, better catch rate, YPC, etc.

That's because Moss was so much taller and just physically imposing that Cunningham could just throw the ball up and defenders didn't have a prayer of stopping Moss from catching it.

Given that, I think it's hard to compare, but I do think that, with Burrow throwing him the ball, Chase could end up better than Moss.
Reply/Quote