Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Browns easy beating of Steelers scare me.
Sad 
Yes, I know the Steelers did not have Watt playing against the Browns as he was trouble against us. But the Browns easily defeated the Steelers and we had trouble against them at home. I originally thought it would be a two-team fight between us and the Ravens, now it looks like maybe a 4 team race unless a team runs away with it. With Pitt going 1-2 and us 0-2, I don't think either of us will run away with it. I do see the Browns beating Atlanta and going 3-1, I do also see the Ravens beating the Pats and go 2-1. They play the Bills in Baltimore week 4 so that game is a toss up, but if they also win week 4 and go 3-1, while we play Miami week 4 on a short week could spell a disaster if we lose whether we beat the Jets or not week 3. Nervous
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
We didn’t even have Watt all game

He left and we played better but it was too late
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 09:02 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Yes, I know the Steelers did not have Watt playing against the Browns as he was trouble against us. But the Browns easily defeated the Steelers and we had trouble against them at home. I originally thought it would be a two-team fight between us and the Ravens, now it looks like maybe a 4 team race unless a team runs away with it. With Pitt going 1-2 and us 0-2, I don't think either of us will run away with it. I do see the Browns beating Atlanta and going 3-1, I do also see the Ravens beating the Pats and go 2-1. They play the Bills in Baltimore week 4 so that game is a toss up, but if they also win week 4 and go 3-1, while we play Miami week 4 on a short week could spell a disaster if we lose whether we beat the Jets or not week 3. Nervous

I wouldn’t say easy. It was 23-17 before the final play which was a last ditch play turned TD for Browns.

They also didn’t have 5 turnovers. Hard to win when you turn the ball over like that.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals didn't have trouble against the Steelers. They marched up and down the field on them. They just got sacked a lot and turned the ball over 5 times. 

Bengals 432 yds 20 pts
Steelers 267 yds 16 pts (7 pts on pick 6)

Browns 376 yds 23 pts (7 pts on fumble in EZ)
Steelers 308 yds 17 pts

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
People keep saying the browns easily beat the Steelers clearly didn’t watch that game
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 09:16 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The Bengals didn't have trouble against the Steelers. They marched up and down the field on them. They just got sacked a lot and turned the ball over 5 times. 

Bengals 432 yds 20 pts

Steelers 308 yds 17 pts

I don't overly disagree, but Thursday games tend to be sloppy snoozefests. Kinda unfair to compare points and yardage from the season opener to a short week game (and we played 5 quarters).. but yeah; the Steelers and Browns are crappy teams... And we're looking up at both of them in the standings.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 09:10 PM)Housh Wrote: We didn’t even have Watt all game

He left and we played better but it was too late

Watt didn’t get hurt until late in the 4th. So yes, they basically had him all game!
Reply/Quote
I would have preferred the steelers win that because catching the steelers is easier than catching the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 09:02 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Yes, I know the Steelers did not have Watt playing against the Browns as he was trouble against us. But the Browns easily defeated the Steelers and we had trouble against them at home. I originally thought it would be a two-team fight between us and the Ravens, now it looks like maybe a 4 team race unless a team runs away with it. With Pitt going 1-2 and us 0-2, I don't think either of us will run away with it.  I do see the Browns beating Atlanta and going 3-1, I do also see the Ravens beating the Pats and go 2-1. They play the Bills in Baltimore week 4 so that game is a toss up, but if they also win week 4 and go 3-1, while we play Miami week 4 on a short week could spell a disaster if we lose whether we beat the Jets or not week 3.   Nervous

If our QB doesn't shit the bed, we win that game easily.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 09:49 PM)jason Wrote: I don't overly disagree, but Thursday games tend to be sloppy snoozefests. Kinda unfair to compare points and yardage from the season opener to a short week game (and we played 5 quarters).. but yeah; the Steelers and Browns are crappy teams... And we're looking up at both of them in the standings.

We kicked their ass in every statistical category known to man except for the scoreboard. If Joe doesn't have the worst game of his career, we win by 17 at least. Even with his shit performance, if our LS doesn't get hurt, we still win. That game was the definition of a fluke. The last loss concerns me way more than the Pitt game.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 09:15 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I wouldn’t say easy. It was 23-17 before the final play which was a last ditch play turned TD for Browns.

They also didn’t have 5 turnovers. Hard to win when you turn the ball over like that.

I know what you're saying but they completely controlled and dominated that entire 2nd half for sure. 

Browns ate a ton of time on that clock during that second half and imposed their will which really was like a python squeezing the Steelers as they really could not do anything to stop them. Once they got ahead by nine points it was just eat the clock up and I believe if they wanted to score another touchdown they could have.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2022, 07:06 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: We kicked their ass in every statistical category known to man except for the scoreboard. If Joe doesn't have the worst game of his career, we win by 17 at least. Even with his shit performance, if our LS doesn't get hurt, we still win. That game was the definition of a fluke. The last loss concerns me way more than the Pitt game.

We’ve gotten good at the what-ifs over the course of 35 years, it’s what losers do! Lol
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 09:02 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Yes, I know the Steelers did not have Watt playing against the Browns as he was trouble against us. But the Browns easily defeated the Steelers and we had trouble against them at home. I originally thought it would be a two-team fight between us and the Ravens, now it looks like maybe a 4 team race unless a team runs away with it. With Pitt going 1-2 and us 0-2, I don't think either of us will run away with it.  I do see the Browns beating Atlanta and going 3-1, I do also see the Ravens beating the Pats and go 2-1. They play the Bills in Baltimore week 4 so that game is a toss up, but if they also win week 4 and go 3-1, while we play Miami week 4 on a short week could spell a disaster if we lose whether we beat the Jets or not week 3.   Nervous

It is hard to say who the biggest threat is right now, the Browns or Ravens.  It isn't pitt.  

The Browns strength is their running game.  The Bengals defense is stout against the run.  Baker had a field day against the Bengals set to defend the run, but I don't see Brisett doing that.  This is going to sound tin foil hat-ish, but I don't believe the league will let the Browns win this year.  It is just such a bad look.  I know, I know...the games aren't fixed.  But I will say that an officiating crew can LEAN in one direction and it is often called "a game of inches".  

The Ravens can't run the ball right now.  That is supposed to be their strength.  Maybe Dobbins return could help, but it is all Lamar right now and the chances of that lasting all season (we saw what Lou did to him last year) are pretty thin.

The most frustrating thing about right now is the Bengals could have looked terrible and they still could be 2-0.  That's the past, though.  I think Joe and boys get on track and beat the Jets and Fins and go 2-2 at the quarter pole.  Yes, I know it is a 17 game season and that analogy shouldn't be utilized any longer.  Tough.  
Reply/Quote
The Browns run attack is legit and punishing.
Nick Chubb is the best RB in the league.
Then Kareem Hunt comes in and hit those
Holes when the defense is worn out.
It's a easy 5 7 yds everytime they run the ball.

Now you add in Brisset who completing
Good throws off the play action

The Browns run game is so hard to stop.
Everyone is in sync with their assignments
Chubb and Hunt read the blocks so well.

The Browns are beatable. But you have create
A 10 pt lead on them so it forces their offense
To get away from what they do best which
Is run the ball.

Plus their secondary can be thrown on.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2022, 10:37 AM)impactplaya Wrote: The Browns run attack is legit and punishing.
Nick Chubb is the best RB in the league.
Then Kareem Hunt comes in and hit those
Holes when the defense is worn out.
It's a easy 5 7 yds everytime they run the ball.

Now you add in Brisset who completing
Good throws off the play action

The Browns run game is so hard to stop.
Everyone is in sync with their assignments
Chubb and Hunt read the blocks so well.

The Browns are beatable. But you have create
A 10 pt lead on them so it forces their offense
To get away from what they do best which
Is run the ball.

Plus their secondary can be thrown on.
So heres a pickle Browns may face later...if they are winning with Jacoby Brisset and he continues like he has, will they put rapist in no matter  what?
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2022, 08:06 AM)higgy100 Wrote: I know what you're saying but they completely controlled and dominated that entire 2nd half for sure. 

Browns ate a ton of time on that clock during that second half and imposed their will which really was like a python squeezing the Steelers as they really could not do anything to stop them. Once they got ahead by nine points it was just eat the clock up and I believe if they wanted to score another touchdown they could have.

You think holding a team to 59 yards and 3 points in the second half isn't completely controlling and dominating them? 
Reply/Quote
I watched the game and the 1st half was about even, with the Browns missing the PAT didn't bother them. They pretty much controlled the 2nd half with their run game and Brissett hitting nice throws. They kept the Steelers D off balance with both run and pass plays. I missed the last 1:40 so it looks like Steelers made a good try but came up short. Browns have a nice run attack with 2 very good backs.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 09:15 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I wouldn’t say easy. It was 23-17 before the final play which was a last ditch play turned TD for Browns.

True, amazing we didn't get beat easily with that many Turnovers...

(09-23-2022, 09:16 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The Bengals didn't have trouble against the Steelers. They marched up and down the field on them. They just got sacked a lot and turned the ball over 5 times. 

Bengals 432 yds 20 pts

Steelers 308 yds 17 pts

Thanks Rfaulk. Thanks for some perspective. Rock On

(09-23-2022, 09:46 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: People keep saying the browns easily beat the Steelers clearly didn’t watch that game

I didn't watch the game so thanks for this guys. Makes me feel better, would hate to see the Browns turn into a 
juggernaut before they even get Watson playing for them. They have a top roster and a great running game so 
they will be tough and they did sweep us last year even if one game was a gimme.
Reply/Quote

Bengals 432 yds 20 pts

Steelers 308 yds 17 pts

This. It was a miracle that we were even close when being (-5) in turnovers. And we only lost on a missed XP. The Pittsburgh loss was tough, but I really was not that concerned.  I knew it was a complete fluke.  We had 32 first downs against the Steelers. (In all 21 games last year we only had more than 25 first downs once.)

Dallas was where it got ugly.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 09:49 PM)jason Wrote: I don't overly disagree, but Thursday games tend to be sloppy snoozefests. Kinda unfair to compare points and yardage from the season opener to a short week game (and we played 5 quarters).. but yeah; the Steelers and Browns are crappy teams... And we're looking up at both of them in the standings.

The Browns had 2 game films on this year's Steelers.  We had nothing.

Reply/Quote