Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joseph Ossai
I have been and continue to be a huge fan of Joseph Ossai.  I remember when Voch Lombardi did a rundown of why he thought that Ossai could go in the first round during the pre-draft process.  I also remember when he fell all the way to the third round somehow and was snatched up by the Bengals.  I was thrilled!  Without his stellar plays in this game, without him stepping up to be the only player on the D who could get pressure...well the game that we just witnessed might not have even been close.  When the Bengals pass rush was stuck in neutral I was crossing my fingers hoping that between Carter or Sample or Ossai someone would seize the opportunity and make something happen.  Everyone will talk about the penalty in the high pressure situation but we should be mindful of his successful plays.  I just wanted to highlight how far he's come and to show some support for a guy who should have a very bright future in whatever endeavors he chooses to pursue.  
Reply/Quote
Shit happens. We’ll shit on him a while and I’m sure his teammates will to. Get out there and get better and play harder and make up for it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He had a very solid game otherwise and he was crushed by his mistake. I like the kid.

Reply/Quote
Video 
And his mistake was magnified because refs missed a hold on Hendrickson that allowed Mahomes out of the pocket

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:30 AM)Jojo the Circus Boy Wrote: And his mistake was magnified because refs missed a hold on Hendrickson that allowed Mahomes out of the pocket

Did you see the hold on Reader up the middle as well?  

These misses were egregious, obvious blocks in the back on the final punt return... 

Reply/Quote
Had a great game up until that play, but unfortunately that one was a pretty costly one, and will be brought up here…probably forever.

I’m glad I’m not him right now.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
That play was costly but ultimately was not what cost us. So many missed opportunities or mistakes by Bengals to just blame it on that one play.

Feel for him and think he was one of the reasons the Bengals were still in the game anyway.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:59 AM)Go Cards Wrote: That play was costly but ultimately was not what cost us. So many missed opportunities or mistakes by Bengals to just blame it on that one play.

Feel for him and think he was one of the reasons the Bengals were still in the game anyway.

Exactly, Bates practically gave up 2 TDs - one with Kelce and the other leaving the middle field for Hilton's guy to score.  The oline struggled. Hilton was awful, Vonn Bell was MIA, Pratt missed a huge tackle, couldnt punt worth shit, not enough pressure on Pat, dumb penalties, blind refs..... so many aspects to that game.

Reply/Quote
The Bengals lost this game due to poor tackling and poor blocking by the Oline. One play is not what cost us the game IMO.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I heard Germaine Pratt was making a scene yelling at him on the sideline

I know Ossai messed up, but Pratt really does act like an ass. Especially when he thought it was cool to call out Lou Anorumo for not playing him on 3rd downs all the time
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:37 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I heard Germaine Pratt was making a scene yelling at him on the sideline

I know Ossai messed up, but Pratt really does act like an ass. Especially when he thought it was cool to call out Lou Anorumo for not playing him on 3rd downs all the time

Pratt forgetting how to tackle for most of the second half was especially fun to watch.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:49 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Had a great game up until that play, but unfortunately that one was a pretty costly one, and will be brought up here…probably forever.

I’m glad I’m not him right now.

Pratt was pretty pissed going into the locker room. 

I didn't look but has that tweet been posted yet?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Isn't Pratt a free agent?
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:02 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Isn't Pratt a free agent?

He’s a very good player, but he’s definitely too volatile for this locker room for the reasons I mentioned in my post above

Davis Gaither should be a fine replacement
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:32 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Did you see the hold on Reader up the middle as well?  

These misses were egregious, obvious blocks in the back on the final punt return... 

Yeah, the one on Reader was worse than that one.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:37 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I heard Germaine Pratt was making a scene yelling at him on the sideline

Yeah, I get the feeling Pratt is a goner. What he said in the tunnel was eye opening. Meanwhile, BJ Hill came to Ossai's side during a tough interview at his locker. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:32 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Did you see the hold on Reader up the middle as well?  

They didn't miss them. Quit saying that. You saw them ; I saw them, the officials saw them ; all God's children saw them. The officials REFUSED to call them. Big difference.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
I don't blame JO at all. At all. That's a media trap. Game's moving so fast on the field, especially in that moment. The irony is that the reason he got flagged was because he knew the yards mattered- not because he thought they didn't. Scapegoating the man for not stopping on a dime after the guy he's been chasing for 25 yards brushes the chalk with his feet is something you do from the couch. I can't even comprehend how hard it is to be aware of all the factors at full speed.

Amazing run by a gamely, hobbled Mahomes. The fact he got to the sideline in the first place is what really drew the flag. Clutch kick by Butker too. They earned that one. Sht happens. We shouldn't have been in that spot to begin with imo.
Reply/Quote
His last play was pure idiocy and didn't help the fact that I've always felt that his draft slot should have been o-line.

They signed Hendrickson
They were working on an extension for Hubbard
There are two starting DE positions and they were pretty much filled
They desperately needed o-line at multiple positions
They signed Rieff as their lone addition on the line in FA
They chose Chase and then Carman
They spent a valuable high 3rd round pick on a player that they planned to be a backup
Gets injured in his first pre-season game and misses his entire rookie year
Starts to kind of contribute around mid-season

He didn't lose the game, but he sure did kill off their chance of winning it.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Yeah his play was unfortunate, but it was more just trying to hard than making a boneheaded play. I’ve seen way worse not get called. Mahomes sold it by tripping over his own two feet as well. It looked way worse than it was.

If I was Pratt, I would shut it because he got by Pacheco a few times. If I know anything about this staff, I doubt they retain him.
Reply/Quote