Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
It's Time We Moved on From Perine
If we're really going to take a 12 million dollar hit on Joe Mixon, there's no reason to outbid other teams on Perine.

We roll with Joe Mixon and hope the bengals can figure out their run game in 220 days/
Reply/Quote
Waive Mixon. Go after Saquon Barkley.

Mixon isn't a $12 million back.

Draft a Pacheco type.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:29 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: If we're really going to take a 12 million dollar hit on Joe Mixon, there's no reason to outbid other teams on Perine.

We roll with Joe Mixon and hope the bengals can figure out their run game in 220 days/

I personally think it should be the other way around. Unless he accepts a substantial restructure, Mixon would be near the top of my cut list. There is too much money tied up in a RB, especially one that isn't really elite or dynamic at anything. 
Reply/Quote
Would rather move on from Mixon, can't block well enough to help protect Joe and this is a passing team anyway. Plus he is a high mileage back now and will not be re-signed after this contract expires anyhow.

Draft a rookie RB on the cheap and use the extra money to help buy a pass rusher in FA.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Probably need a complete overhaul of the running back room and that includes Mixon. We need speed. He doesn't have that gear anymore.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
We can cut Mixon, but if we face the Panthers in the SB we need to sign him for 1 day.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:31 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I personally think it should be the other way around. Unless he accepts a substantial restructure, Mixon would be near the top of my cut list. There is too much money tied up in a RB, especially one that isn't really elite or dynamic at anything. 

My memory is shit, but it seems like I read an article about Mixon saying he'd do whatever to stay in Cincinnati. So maybe he does take a restructure.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I dunno... But I'm good with letting Pratt walk after his outburst against Ossai. Don't be a dick... I remember a crucial missed tackle on Pratt's part. We're supposed to have this amazing culture. I get it; it was dumb, but also boom boom. We didn't make enough plays... Period.

Also... I don't think Tee Higgins is a luxury. Boyd will need adequate replacement as well. We struggled without him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:40 AM)Wyche Wrote: My memory is shit, but it seems like I read an article about Mixon saying he'd do whatever to stay in Cincinnati. So maybe he does take a restructure.

Yeah, I just wonder what that would look like when push comes to shove.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:30 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Waive Mixon. Go after Saquon Barkley.

Mixon isn't a $12 million back.

Draft a Pacheco type.

Barkley said he wants to remain a Giant and I actually believe him.
Running backs age like milk now. Like to draft one.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:42 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, I just wonder what that would look like when push comes to shove.

LoL, true dat.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:37 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Probably need a complete overhaul of the running back room and that includes Mixon. We need speed. He doesn't have that gear anymore.

Agreed. Neither Mixon or Perine is well suited for the offense that we run. As long as defenses continue to play cover 2 and double our receivers, the check down pass to the RB is going to be a staple of this offense. Finding a fast/elusive Running back who excels at that will take this offense to the next level.
Reply/Quote
Other than the pay raise Mixon is fine and so is Perine. I guess most of you slept through the Buffalo game.. Mixon has been a consistent work horse for this team since the dark days, but I guess once a baby is clean you just toss it out in the cold with the bath water..They're replaceable as long as you have fertile females around..  Whatever
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Everyone's brain rot overnight?
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:43 AM)grampahol Wrote: Other than the pay raise Mixon is fine and so is Perine. I guess most of you slept through the Buffalo game.. Mixon has been a consistent work horse for this team since the dark days, but I guess once a baby is clean you just toss it out in the cold with the bath water..They're replaceable as long as you have fertile females around..  Whatever

Ya amazing the short memories. OL takes a dump which affects the entire offense, as it would any offense, and now both RB's need to go. Only on this board.
Maybe San Fran needs to clean house, too.
Reply/Quote
Why get rid of Perine? The dude played well above his pay grade this season, and would likely be thrilled to be back at a very modest price.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:55 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why get rid of Perine? The dude played well above his pay grade this season, and would likely be thrilled to be back at a very modest price.

Absolutely true — and Samaje Perine is a much better blocker than Joe Mixon. On pass plays Joe Burrow needs all the protection he can get.
Reply/Quote
I think they tried to draft the fast elusive back with Evans, but it seems they missed. Dude doesn't even dress.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:29 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: If we're really going to take a 12 million dollar hit on Joe Mixon, there's no reason to outbid other teams on Perine.

HELL no.  I'd rather have Perine.  Mixon is good when he is on but is bad when he is off.  Perine is a bull.  Let Mixon go and find another marquee RB that doesn't drop like a feather when the wind blows
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:50 AM)higgy100 Wrote: Ya amazing the short memories. OL takes a dump which affects the entire offense, as it would any offense, and now both RB's need to go. Only on this board.
Maybe San Fran needs to clean house, too.

Really what a crap board some make this
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote