Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 15 GameDay Thread...Steelers @ Bengals***
Pittsburgh Steelers (8-5)   vs.   Cincinnati Bengals (5-7-1)
Sunday, December 18th, 1:00 PM on CBS
Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, Ohio
Announce Crew: Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts, Evan Washburn

[Image: Pittsburgh_Cincinnati_Week_2_6.jpg?itok=NtDyrcJP]

Reply/Quote
Steelers put the final nail in the coffin. Steelers 27 Bengals 17
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 04:02 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Steelers put the final nail in the coffin. Steelers 27 Bengals 17

Eh, Burfict is back, we split.

Bengals 27 Steelers 20

We let them back into the game after having a big lead though.  The Marv way.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 04:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, Burfict is back, we split.

Bengals 27 Steelers 20

We let them back into the game after having a big lead though.  The Marv way.

I don't care how it happens, I just want a win. I'm so damn tired of seeing the Steelers dominating our home field.

Under Marvin, the Bengals are 2-13 at PBS against them, including the playoffs. In those 15 games, the Bengals have been held to 17 points or less 10 different times, while the Steelers have scored 23 or more 10 times. It's been embarrassing to say the least.
Reply/Quote
Per ESPN'S Bob Holtzman, Green is listed as doubtful, and is out of this one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 06:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I don't care how it happens, I just want a win. I'm so damn tired of seeing the Steelers dominating our home field.

Under Marvin, the Bengals are 2-13 at PBS against them, including the playoffs. In those 15 games, the Bengals have been held to 17 points or less 10 different times, while the Steelers have scored 23 or more 10 times. It's been embarrassing to say the least.

Pathetic, i know. This surprised me when another poster showed me that patheticism yesterday.

I knew we played them better in their place but that really surprised me we have been that bad at home against them.

This is why Marv has to go. If you cannot defend your homefield against your arch rival it is truly sad.

But Burfict is back and when he plays we split with the Steelers and our Defense is looking better as far as a scoring Defense.

If we don't win this game it will really suck. I hate when the Steelers end our season.

Loved it the year we ended theirs. :andy:
Reply/Quote
Redemption day. Want to see the Steelers leaving the field on 4 wheels. All of them! Friggen cheating, cheap shot artists with refs in their pocket. Hate the steelers with a passion. They will do anything to win at all costs. Inflict pain. Lots and lots of pain.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 06:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I don't care how it happens, I just want a win. I'm so damn tired of seeing the Steelers dominating our home field.

On Sirius I heard that the team is still advertising individual tickets for sale, so naturally they said it would feel like a game at Heinz Field because their fans would be buying them up like crazy.

My immediate thought was "Good, we tend to win there!"
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 07:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pathetic, i know. This surprised me when another poster showed me that patheticism yesterday.

I knew we played them better in their place but that really surprised me we have been that bad at home against them.

This is why Marv has to go. If you cannot defend your homefield against your arch rival it is truly sad.

But Burfict is back and when he plays we split with the Steelers and our Defense is looking better as far as a scoring Defense.

If we don't win this game it will really suck. I hate when the Steelers end our season.

Loved it the year we ended theirs. :andy:

To be fair, the fans are just as much at fault there.  REGULARLY the crowd is 50/50, which does not indicate a home field.  Add to this, there was a VERY long stretch where the home fans made just as much noise with the O on the field as the D, again preventing an advantage for the good guys.  Thankfully the latter seems to be a thing of the past.

EDIT: The 50/50 ratio is in regard to Pitt games, not all games
Reply/Quote

I will never understand how any descendant of Paul Brown tolerates this. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2016, 10:37 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: On Sirius I heard that the team is still advertising individual tickets for sale, so naturally they said it would feel like a game at Heinz Field because their fans would be buying them up like crazy.

My immediate thought was "Good, we tend to win there!"

I went to a Bengals/Steelers game at PBS. A sea of yellow towels waving. I want a win, but Bell and Brown will eat us up today.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Destroy these scummers
Reply/Quote
Bengals inactives:
QB Jeff Driskel
WR A.J. Green
S Derron Smith
LS Tyler Ott
OL Christian Westerman
TE C.J. Uzomah
DE Wallace Gilberry

Jake Fisher gets the start at right tackle

D'Angelo Williams out for Steelers

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Been calling this game a lost cause all week. Here's hoping they get their s*** together, override Marvin and Co's. Dumb******* and find a way to win this one
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 01:40 PM)pally Wrote: Bengals inactives:
QB Jeff Driskel
WR A.J. Green
S Derron Smith
LS Tyler Ott
OL Christian Westerman
TE C.J. Uzomah
DE Wallace Gilberry

Hopefully this is step one to Hill rushing for 160 today...
Reply/Quote
<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Vontaze Burfict walks out. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash">#Bengals</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/FOX19">@FOX19</a> <a href="https://t.co/kvIGJ6ugBa">pic.twitter.com/kvIGJ6ugBa</a></p>&mdash; Jeremy Rauch (@FOX19Jeremy) <a href="https://twitter.com/FOX19Jeremy/status/810534012531986433">December 18, 2016</a></blockquote>

Hoping Tez has a huge day!!
Reply/Quote
And the streak of black pants ends at 5 games.... Kinda like our playoff appearances Ninja
Reply/Quote
One team wins, one loses or they tie.. Either way it'll be entertaining....except listening to Fouts blather on. I'd rather listen to my car's engine throw a rod..
I'm thinking the Bengals ought to always wear orange and black whenever they play the Squealers..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
No AJ means Dalton will have to spread the ball to the playmaking new guys, no Gio means Burkhead emerges as great, no Dalton might mean McCarron shines, and no Marvin means Bruce Coslet takes over.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 01:40 PM)pally Wrote: Bengals inactives:
QB Jeff Driskel
WR A.J. Green
S Derron Smith
LS Tyler Ott
OL Christian Westerman
TE C.J. Uzomah
DE Wallace Gilberry