Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2028 Olympics: Flag Football
It is being discussed as a possible event. Gronk wants in?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10093234-rob-gronkowski-eyes-2028-olympic-flag-football-spot-hopefully-theres-no-tryouts?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Flag Football in the Oylmpics? We already have that in the Pro Bowl, and it stinks. Pass.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, no thanks.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2023, 03:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Flag Football in the Oylmpics? We already have that in the Pro Bowl, and it stinks. Pass.

that's the backyard version of flag football.  They are playing to have fun.  If they played it competitively it would be more like the world class teams

The game is much faster and more competitive at the world level.  it also is played by both men and women

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
There are enough joke events at the Olympics (lol racewalking). Why note one more?
Reply/Quote
Well Flag Football will be played in 2028 as will lacrosse, cricket, squash, baseball, and softball. The NFL put a lot of push behind flag football being selected.

Reply/Quote
Playing Olympic level flag football is a lot harder than sitting on my arse and making fun of it, but you know that won't stop me from doing so, hardy har. Nah I kid, this is fine by me. I know what flag football is and I know damn near nothing about the rest of the Olympics. I mean, is the biathlon still a thing?
Reply/Quote
I think it will be interesting to see if any retired NFL players who are still relatively young look to represent team USA. Are we going to see college athletes, practice squad players, or insert whatever group representing us?
Reply/Quote
Funny enough, I stumbled upon a video of an Italy/USA flag football match. I recognized zero of the players, which may change in the future, but it was surprisingly entertaining. It wasn't much different than arena football honestly. Small field with passes and fun YAC plays. I enjoyed it. There is already an american football World Cup called the IFAF World Championship. The U.S. has very restrictive rules on their roster building and have won every tournament since they started playing.

I would imagine the gap is a little closer in flag football as every country has impressive athletes, but not every country is going to have guys that can play lineman like they need.
Reply/Quote
Will any country even be able to give us a game?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 05:12 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Will any country even be able to give us a game?

Depends on who goes from United States, but I doubt it. The offense from
Other countries could benefit with lack of physicality, but then the receivers would benefit on our end the same way. The biggest difference will be at QB I think. The worst qb in the nfl is light years ahead of everyone else’s best qb.
Reply/Quote
The men have been fairly dominant, the women less so

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IFAF_Flag_Football_World_Championship

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2023, 03:31 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It is being discussed as a possible event. Gronk wants in?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10093234-rob-gronkowski-eyes-2028-olympic-flag-football-spot-hopefully-theres-no-tryouts?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Paper Football would be more interesting 
Reply/Quote