Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts On Yesterday And Moving Forward
Well yesterday was as about as bad as it could get for us Bengal fans. After watching the game and thinking about it, I have a few things that really bothered me about yesterdays game (aside from all the injuries)

-The Defense
The defense was so ineffective yesterday that it was embarrassing to watch. The Steelers moved the ball the entire game and only punted the ball once in the entire first half because they scored on every other drive. Im not sure about the second half because at that point my level of disgust was at an all time high.

- The Run Game
Or lack of one. The run game was non existent, we couldn't run the ball against these guys for two games now. We are supposed to have a one two punch with Hill and Gio, but I saw nothing but swings and a miss for most of the game.

-Atkins
He had one tackle for the day and was invisible the entire day. What happened to one of the best tackles in the NFL? We need to put his face o the back of milk cartons and get that guy back.

The good

-AJ
I thought AJ did well for coming out there with no prep and also do like his spirit. He said after the game that Tom Brady had his chance in the same situation and now it is his moment to take advantage of.

Well AJ this is your moment so make the most of it. You have a great team around you and will be the person leading this team for the time being. Let's see what you can do.

-AJ
Green played a very good game and were going to need him to really step up with a new QB and show everyone he is a top WR in this league like we know and expect.

-Burfict
If the entire defense had this guys hunger, the Steelers wouldn't have owned the field. He was banged up and still lead the team with 11 tackles that day. The guy is a monster, other guys need to follow in his steps!

Going forward for the rest of the season my biggest concern is this teams poise and hunger. They looked like a team yesterday like another one and done playoff team like years past. I know the injuries were significant but it shouldn't have stunted the players from doing their individual jobs and they did. 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 11:38 AM)GodFather Wrote: Well yesterday was as about as bad as it could get for us Bengal fans. After watching the game and thinking about it, I have a few things that really bothered me about yesterdays game (aside from all the injuries)

-The Defense
The defense was so ineffective yesterday that it was embarrassing to watch. The Steelers moved the ball the entire game and only punted the ball once in the entire first half because they scored on every other drive. Im not sure about the second half because at that point my level of disgust was at an all time high.

- The Run Game
Or lack of one. The run game was non existent, we couldn't run the ball against these guys for two games now. We are supposed to have a one two punch with Hill and Gio, but I saw nothing but swings and a miss for most of the game.

-Atkins
He had one tackle for the day and was invisible the entire day. What happened to one of the best tackles in the NFL? We need to put his face o the back of milk cartons and get that guy back.

The good

-AJ
I thought AJ did well for coming out there with no prep and also do like his spirit. He said after the game that Tom Brady had his chance in the same situation and now it is his moment to take advantage of.

Well AJ this is your moment so make the most of it. You have a great team around you and will be the person leading this team for the time being. Let's see what you can do.

-AJ
Green played a very good game and were going to need him to really step up with a new QB and show everyone he is a top WR in this league like we know and expect.

-Burfict
If the entire defense had this guys hunger, the Steelers wouldn't have owned the field. He was banged up and still lead the team with 11 tackles that day. The guy is a monster, other guys need to follow in his steps!

Going forward for the rest of the season my biggest concern is this teams poise and hunger. They looked like a team yesterday like another one and done playoff team like years past. I know the injuries were significant but it shouldn't have stunted the players from doing their individual jobs and they did. 

Good points.  I think it all comes down to coaching or lack thereof.  We just don't have the HC, and maybe coordinators to get us over the top.  We keep seeing this over and over again.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't question the hunger, that is there, what we need is health at this point....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 11:46 AM)PApinhead Wrote: Good points.  I think it all comes down to coaching or lack thereof.  We just don't have the HC, and maybe coordinators to get us over the top.  We keep seeing this over and over again.

Amen to this! Sick
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 11:46 AM)PApinhead Wrote: Good points.  I think it all comes down to coaching or lack thereof.  We just don't have the HC, and maybe coordinators to get us over the top.  We keep seeing this over and over again.

Ya we need a head coach that wears aviators and points at his players when they "make a good play"...

I don't think we were outcoached by this... probably  just out played.

[Image: 18zby405wm7jnjpg.jpg]
Reply/Quote
When McCarron came in the Bengals were down 13. The game ended 33 to 20 and McCarron delivered a pick 6. I think he has some promise.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote