Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else HATE MNF, SNF & TNF?
Sundays afternoons are for football and I hate late games. Nothing better than a relaxing on a Sunday afternoon watching my favorite team with some good grub.

Can't stand when we play any other slot but Sunday afternoon and yeah, I will even cry harder and say at 1pm

Ok, I'm done Tongue
Reply/Quote
Yea, I hate having to stay up until midnight to watch the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
no
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
No, it frees up my Sundays for other things

Like naps
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
I do find day 1pm games more relaxing, plus i have a tradition of watching the game with my dad, and he works 3rd shift, so we rarely get to watch the late game together.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 07:02 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea, I hate having to stay up until midnight to watch the Bengals.

Ditto.  It's cool being in the spotlight (not really considering their prime time woes), but I have to be up for work at 5am during the week.  
Reply/Quote
No, but only because 1pm East Coast games are 10am here. Night games come on at 5something pm.
Reply/Quote
No
Reply/Quote
Living in Europe, those are not easy watching.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 07:09 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Ditto.  It's cool being in the spotlight (not really considering their prime time woes), but I have to be up for work at 5am during the week.  

5am here too. PAINFUL when you're up at midnight and no spring chicken Sad
Reply/Quote
I love late games, especially when they're in Cincinnati.

The city is alive and this entire area is one BIG party.

Also, I like when they're not at 1 on Sundays because it lets me see some of the rest of the NFL because my focus is solely on the Bengals when they're on (not as much for Sunday Night Football in Cincinnati because we'll usually start at The Banks around noon, but it still lets me watch other teams in bars).

I LOVE the spotlight!
Reply/Quote
I am meh on them.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Like the afternoon games for convenience.

But enjoy the spotlight games sometimes too and think this Bengals team needs this challenge to prepare for playoff success.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I don't like prime time games. TNF is the worst. It's a shitty product.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 07:09 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Ditto.  It's cool being in the spotlight (not really considering their prime time woes), but I have to be up for work at 5am during the week.  

I don't wake up until 6:15, so I don't watch night games to their conclusion, unless it's a Bengals game.  

I went to the Cleveland game, but arraigned to take Friday off.  I can't take Tuesdays off, and since I won't be able to sleep thinking about the game, Tuesday will be a bear.  
Reply/Quote
Lol what, no I dont hate prime time games
Reply/Quote
Nope, love them....
Reply/Quote
They don't bother me in the least. I own a bunch of clocks and watches and am fascinated by time devices in general, but could actually care less about what time it is. When I still worked for a living I was always late and hated having to be places on time, but the game? Don't care as long as they play and win.
My new hobby is or will be building a clock from scratch, but I don't care if it's 10am, 3pm 11pm or beer o'clock ..
I just bought a new scroll saw today to cut the gears for my clock(s).

Yeah, I know ...nobody cares and I'm ok with that.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I saw something earlier this season that the Broncos have played like, 3 (three)1 p.m. games since Manning has been qb there. I would hate that.
Reply/Quote
Don't quote me on 3, but it's less than 5. And I get that they're a west team but they do play away games out of division.
Reply/Quote