Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else HATE MNF, SNF & TNF?
I enjoy it, because then they are on TV up here in Cleveland!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
TNF is the only one I don't like. It's mainly due to player health and teams don't usually go 100% because they're still healing/tired from playing 4 days prior.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
1pm will always be my favorite slot for games...definitely most relaxing time to me and that is football to me.

I do enjoy under the light games because in h.s. and college those are the "cool games" to most people.

if I had to choose, definitely 1pm games.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 06:59 PM)Whacked Wrote: Sundays afternoons are for football and I hate late games. Nothing better than a relaxing on a Sunday afternoon watching my favorite team with some good grub.

Can't stand when we play any other slot but Sunday afternoon and yeah, I will even cry harder and say at 1pm

Ok, I'm done Tongue

The only games we get down here in Florida are the prime time games. The networks play Browns games before they air Bengals games here. Cry
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
This mini stretch of no Sunday football ....just ....seems.....OFF!

Lol. Not a fan
Reply/Quote
Night games are weird, especially if you go. I remember being at the tailgate before the game last week (Brown game) and I could barely see 10 feet in front of me. It was so dark in the tailgate lot (lot 1), it was just weird. Definitely prefer Sunday games. I do like the Sunday night games, though.

Plus being tired and hungover the next day at work sucks balls.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I hate TNF and MNF.

Thurday Night Football is just idiotic.

Monday Night Football is broadcasted like a bunch of clowns run the show. It was much better on ABC.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 12:05 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: Monday Night Football is broadcasted like a bunch of clowns run the show. It was much better on ABC.

[Image: Tirico-and-Gruden1.jpg]

"Haha, let me you tell something, Mike. This ExtraRadiohead guy is just a great poster. He goes all over the place and just posts here and then posts here. He's just a quality poster. How about that, Mike?"
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 07:07 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: No, it frees up my Sundays for other things

Like naps

Dang skippy :)

I prefer the night games, I'm a night owl anyways.
Reply/Quote
Sure wish there was a game TODAY Sad
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 07:09 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Ditto.  It's cool being in the spotlight (not really considering their prime time woes), but I have to be up for work at 5am during the week.  

Same here, I would MUCH rather all the regular season games be Sunday 1PM than other time.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 03:32 PM)Benton Wrote: No. Two main reasons.

I'm out of market so primetime games are usually the only ones I get to see live easily (ie, not watching it illegally or driving somewhere). With the makeup of the markets, sometimes it's a two hour drive before I could get to watch the game.

And second, I like beer. I like having a beer with the game. Sometimes — if the game is really good or really bad — I have a few. I don't like being completely blitzed by 2 or 3 on Sunday afternoon.
You're completely blitzed after an hour or two of drinking?  I remember my first beer  ThumbsUp lol

Driving that far to see the game, it seems like you'd actually just save money buying NFL Sunday Ticket because I'm sure you'd end up spending more than that in gas (would actually save you a lot of money).
(11-15-2015, 12:54 PM)M.W. Wrote: Same here, I would MUCH rather all the regular season games be Sunday 1PM than other time.

The big lights in PrimeTime games are too cool and too awesome of an experience, and I'm pretty sure it's the same way for the players.

Our high school games were packed and it was awesome running out on the field and being a star, which high school games are a fraction as big or and glamorous.  
Reply/Quote
I like that the prime time games give us the opportunity to grow the fan base. Not everyone lives in market and not everyone can afford the Sunday Ticket, so prime time games may be their only way to get to see the Bengals in action. Obviously we're not hoping to gain bandwagon fans, but the extra exposure of prime time games could help to spread Bengal Fever.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 05:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I much prefer watching football on Thursday nights than anything else on TV.

I don't think it is a good idea for the players, but as a fan I love getting to see more NFL football.  And according to the TV ratings I am not the only one.

That's why Thursday nights should be dedicated to watching the shows that were DVRed on Sunday and Monday nights when you were watching football.

Damn NFL...
Reply/Quote
You know I think, of all the prime time slots, Monday Night Football is, by far, my least favorite.

Thursday is early, so it feels like Christmas in July, so that's nice. And then, you go to work on Friday feeling like it is Monday, but you actually have the entire weekend coming up.

Sunday night football is bad, because the last thing I need is to stay up until Midnight right before the week starts. But at least I still get to see the Bengals before I go back to work.

Monday night football is just annoying because, most weeks Tuesday is about looking to the next week, if you're even talking about NFL at all. And then, at the end of the day, it's only Tuesday, which is still too far from the weekend.

And just a day after Sunday, I'm not missing football yet on Monday. Maybe Tuesday night would be better Tongue.
Reply/Quote
While they make the next day hard its fun to play under the lights!

My biggest concern is tailgating all day this Sunday in the desert as we wait to beat the Quitter, there will be some drunk Bengals fans in the spaceship next week!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 06:59 PM)Whacked Wrote: Sundays afternoons are for football and I hate late games. Nothing better than a relaxing on a Sunday afternoon watching my favorite team with some good grub.

Can't stand when we play any other slot but Sunday afternoon and yeah, I will even cry harder and say at 1pm

Ok, I'm done Tongue

I like Sunday night games except for Collinsworth, Thursday and Monday night games...

Not so much.
Reply/Quote
HATE Sunday night, Monday night and Thursday night football.

I have to get up between 4:30-5am for work Monday

BRUTAL
Reply/Quote
Nothing better than Sundays @ 1:00
Reply/Quote
i'm sleepy as fawk already from working all weekend. Bengals better win and not make me stay up to watch drivel. Show UP Dalton! Entertain me.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote