SEA- CARLOS DUNLAP-KERRY HYDER-LJ COLLIER
TBB- JASON PIERREPAUL-SHAQ BARRETT-JOE TYRON
TEN- HAROLD LANDRY-BUD DUPREE-RASHAD WEAVER
WAS-CHASE YOUNG-MONTEZ SWEAT-CASEY TOOHILL

FA-OLIVIER VERNON-ZIGGY ANSAH-BRUCE IRVIN
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think either Hubbard or Hendrickson are special players and Ossai is still a rookie. I would have them late teens early 20s range.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Hendrickson picked off Greek God Burrow in practice so we are number 1.
Reply/Quote
I'm going with middle of the pack, as I like our DE's, even though they might not lead the league in sack production. I also like our DT unit, so that will benefit the DEs on their overall production numbers.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Going through the list I had around 13 or 14 teams better than us. It's possible we work our way up to the 7-12 range by the end of the year.
Reply/Quote
I'm going mid range. If the D is really as good as they look so far they may even come in a touch above average.
Reply/Quote
Going off of what I expect, I expect Hendrickson to be an upgrade over Lawson in lots of ways. Expect Hubbard to be a much
better pass rusher than he was last year now that he is healthy and had an Offseason to really improve this part of his game
like he did his run stopping last year, hard working sumbitch. Ossai is probably the most underrated pick in our Draft cause he
is so versatile and is so great at taking angles.

Went 13-19, mid pack but major upgrade from last season and we have much better depth in Ossai, Sample and another year
for Kareem who is looking really good in camp. The health of the DT's is kind of key here too. Cannot have rotational backups
playing and expect our Ends to play great this year.
Reply/Quote
Agree with the consensus -- I see 14-15 teams better than us, so we're solidly in the middle of the pack. Would be thrilled if they exceed expectations.
Reply/Quote
This one is difficult because most of the defensive end group is a huge question mark.

Sam Hubbard is going to be a career solid defensive end but behind him is where the questions start. Trey Hendrickson had a breakout year in 2020 on a really stacked defense and defensive line. He one was the the league's sack leaders but was outside of the top 10 in pressures. Hendrickson was signed to an expensive prove it deal.

Joeseph Ossai is a extremely talent rookie with alot of upside and potential versatility but he is a very raw 3rd round pick with only 1 year of college experience on the edge. The other 2021 drafted DE/OLB/DT Cameron Sample has a lightning fast first step and power to go along with being more technically refined than Ossai but he doesnt have the athleticism to bend the edge from a wider formation and would probably be better as a 4,4i,3T,5. Khalid Kareem is the 2020 6th round draft pick with a low ceiling but potentially high floor. He has that potential to be a Sam Hubbard caliber Edge.

The defensive line is probably the unit with the most question marks going into the 2021 season but with a ton of potential.

Where do they rank in the league?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 10:11 AM)Synric Wrote: This one is difficult because most of the defensive end group is a huge question mark.

Sam Hubbard is going to be a career solid defensive end but behind him is where the questions start. Trey Hendrickson had a breakout year in 2020 on a really stacked defense and defensive line. He one was the the league's sack leaders but was outside of the top 10 in pressures. Hendrickson was signed to an expensive prove it deal.

Joeseph Ossai is a extremely talent rookie with alot of upside and potential versatility but he is a very raw 3rd round pick with only 1 year of college experience on the edge. The other 2021 drafted DE/OLB/DT Cameron Sample has a lightning fast first step and power to go along with being more technically refined than Ossai but he doesnt have the athleticism to bend the edge from a wider formation and would probably be better as a 4,4i,3T,5. Khalid Kareem is the 2020 6th round draft pick with a low ceiling but potentially high floor. He has that potential to be a Sam Hubbard caliber Edge.

The defensive line is probably the unit with the most question marks going into the 2021 season but with a ton of potential.

Where do they rank in the league?

Well said, we just don't know but I expect them to be much better this year potential wise as you say, there is a lot of it.
Reply/Quote
I went with 12 in large part due to the fact I think our DB are going to create coverage issues that will create more opportunities for our DE's this year.
Reply/Quote
20-26, I would say that there are about 11 teams worse off or equal to the DEs. If Hubbard's pass rush improves from last year and Hendrickson plays up to his last year, I'd have them in the top half of the league.
Reply/Quote