Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Deja Vu all over again? MTG files a motion to vacate the Speaker
We are getting closer to Speaker Hakeem Jeffries every single day

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 01:43 PM)pally Wrote: We are getting closer to Speaker Hakeem Jeffries every single day

Surely they can't be stupid enough to do it again during an election year. 

Right?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 01:58 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Surely they can't be stupid enough to do it again during an election year. 

Right?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 01:43 PM)pally Wrote: We are getting closer to Speaker Hakeem Jeffries every single day

Unlike my fellow liberals who defend all of the BS including the invasion at the border, this is just plain stupid. 

She is acting as a 2-year throwing a temper tantrum. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Has to be like herding cats.

Completely inept politicians can't get out of their own way.
Reply/Quote
At least the extreme MAGA right is consistent, wanting to remove Johnson for the same reasons as they removed McCarthy.

Maybe they've just always been 2 year olds throwing temper tantrums this whole time. LOL
Reply/Quote
Think the Dems will block the vote and keep Johnson in power? Nah. the like chaos
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 03:07 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Think the Dems will block the vote and keep Johnson in power? Nah. the like chaos

They don't have to "block" the vote or vote in support of Johnson, they simply have to vote "present" or not show up.  

MTG does not have anywhere near the votes to remove Johnson without Dem support of, oh, 200 or so.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
And right on the heels of that news comes the announcement from Congressman Mike Gallagher of Wisconsin that he is resigning his seat effective April 19th. The Republicans majority is essentially non-existent. This seat will remain empty until the November election due to Wisconsin law

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Complete chaos is the point here.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 02:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Unlike my fellow liberals who defend all of the BS including the invasion at the border, this is just plain stupid. 

She's the face of your party and a proud MAGA soldier just like you.  If you do not support her, then you are, in the eyes of your hero Donald Jesus Christ Trump, an "Enemy of the People".

Why in the name of all that the savior has done do you hate your nation so much?
Reply/Quote
I imagine that if the GOP hadn't allowed themselves to be co-opted by nihilists and obstruction-minded media (trying to think of nice word for sex workers here), they might not be having these issues.

Call Biden dumb and senile all you like, but to this point he and his party have benefited far more from the Freedom Caucus existing than anyone on the right. I hope the MAGA crowd continues to elect as many of these people as they can.

If the GOP are the Steelers, then the Freedom Caucus are basically a collection of Antonio Browns that can't be kicked off the team. In fact, it's a lot like screening players for metal illness and bad culture fit at the combine and them drafting them rather than removing them from your big board. By all means, continue, lol.

Final edit (promise): Best part is that these Freedom Caucus patriots are vocally anti-washington culture and pro term-limit, yet they seem to be absolutely at peace with suckling at the public teat. They rarely legislate anything and I'm unaware of any of them having intent to do anything but remain for as long as they can get elected. It's almost like they like riding the government gravy train just as much as the evil career politicians they aim to troll ad infinitum. Nihilists and hypocrites every single one. I wonder what political force inspired constituents to elect people like this. What could it possibly have been?
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 02:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Unlike my fellow liberals who defend all of the BS including the invasion at the border, this is just plain stupid. 

I like how you had to take an unrelated shot at liberals and the border before calling out MTG.  

Still, unlike most stubborn, hypocritical, and sexually-offputting conservatives you are showing maturity and fairness here, so good on ya.
Reply/Quote
George Santos has left the GOP because there are too much grifters and crooks for him.

What a timeline !!

[Image: GJS37VtaIAA6bde?format=jpg&name=large]

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
USA - Let's make it easier for members of the republican party to achieve, maintain, and exert power.

ALSO THE USA - Woah, when did all these opportunistic, selfish con-artists suddenly decide they are ultra conservative!?
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 06:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: USA - Let's make it easier for members of the republican party to achieve, maintain, and exert power.

ALSO THE USA - Woah, when did all these opportunistic, selfish con-artists suddenly decide they are ultra conservative!?

Because they heard that going to Texas earns them a free ride to a city where they will get free benefits, simply by claiming "asylum"...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 03:07 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Think the Dems will block the vote and keep Johnson in power? Nah. the like chaos

I wouldn't assume it's the Democrat's task to keep an ultra-conservative speaker in power should he lose the necessary support within his own party.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 06:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Because they heard that going to Texas earns them a free ride to a city where they will get free benefits, simply by claiming "asylum"...

So instead of them invading blue states Texas wants them to invade Texas so Texas citizens can pay to send them to blue states?

Neat. 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 07:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So instead of them invading blue states Texas wants them to invade Texas so Texas citizens can pay to send them to blue states?

Neat. 

Well, California is broke, AZ and NM the "blue voters" are all retirement folks, so the immigrants don't want to deal with a hostile population of younger folks, and that is why they accept Texas offer to be sent up to Yankeeville.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 07:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, California is broke, AZ and NM the "blue voters" are all retirement folks, so the immigrants don't want to deal with a hostile population of younger folks, and that is why they accept Texas offer to be sent up to Yankeeville.

Sounds like a bunch of "not their best" thugs from a shithole country are playing Governor Abbot like a Texas-grade fiddle. 
Reply/Quote