Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Deja Vu all over again? MTG files a motion to vacate the Speaker
(03-23-2024, 01:50 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: That's the biggest part of it.

The next step is Dems want those future blue voters to over run TX. 
Give them the TX Electoral College votes and you'll never see another R as POTUS again.

At least Abbot is smart enough to send them right on thru to already heavily entrenched Blue States and now those states are getting all riled up over it

Non citizens cannnot vote

So you are saying Republican ideas are so bad and out of touch that a majority of people won’t vote for them? Or are you saying Republican politicians are so bad that they can’t convince people to vote for them?

What you are saying is that the only way Republicans can win is to prevent legitimate voters from voting.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Oh look!

ANOTHER thread has been turned into one about immigration by the same people.

Wonderful.

Anyway...

The House did pass the spending bill, even though a majority of republicans voted against it.  The Senate passed it early this morning.  President Biden will sign it.

And things continue to get done because Biden works to get it done.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 02:05 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Didn't he run on Immigration Reform?
3 years later still didn't do jack. But now he's let it become a Political tool.

In case people haven't figured it out, Biden is big time Pro-what ever it takes to win. 

Right, he hasn't done anything at all. He hasn't implemented any executive actions or tried to get bi-partisan legislation passed to address the issues that were then turned down by Republicans who *checks notes* wanted to use it as a political tool and have admitted as much. Interesting.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 08:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: Oh look!

ANOTHER thread has been turned into one about immigration by the same people.

Wonderful.

Anyway...

The House did pass the spending bill, even though a majority of republicans voted against it.  The Senate passed it early this morning.  President Biden will sign it.

And things continue to get done because Biden works to get it done.

It's always nice when the sensible adults come together to make things happen. Too bad extremists make it so that we have to rely on these stopgap measures and can't get an actual budget passed. It's almost as if they are trying to see the government fail.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 09:30 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Right, he hasn't done anything at all. He hasn't implemented any executive actions or tried to get bi-partisan legislation passed to address the issues that were then turned down by Republicans who *checks notes* wanted to use it as a political tool and have admitted as much. Interesting.

You're right he's done plenty & the results speak for themselves.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 09:38 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: You're right he's done plenty & the results speak for themselves.

He can only do as much as he has the resources to do. There is this pesky thing called a budget that the current Congress has failed to pass that is a problem. A shame that appropriations must originate in the House, but they are too busy playing politics to govern effectively.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 02:05 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Didn't he run on Immigration Reform?
3 years later still didn't do jack. But now he's let it become a Political tool.

In case people haven't figured it out, Biden is big time Pro-what ever it takes to win. 

You mean other than negotiating a bipartisan immigration bill that Donald Trump torpedoed so that the other side didn’t get a win.

The MAGA leader and his minions don’t want an actual bill. They want the political issue to complain about.

The previous administration failed to pass any new immigration laws. In fact he even had to take from military appropriations to fund the small part of the wall that was built because he couldn’t get the main promise of his immigration plan passed. I guess he learned that Mexico wasn’t paying.

Immigration and the border cannot be fixed via executive order. The laws need to be updated.

Congress needs to get off their collective as**** and do their bloody job instead of relying on presidential stopgaps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 07:07 AM)pally Wrote: Non citizens cannnot vote

So you are saying Republican ideas are so bad and out of touch that a majority of people won’t vote for them? Or are you saying Republican politicians are so bad that they can’t convince people to vote for them?

What you are saying is that the only way Republicans can win is to prevent legitimate voters from voting.

Did i not say "Future" voters?  

(03-23-2024, 09:30 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Right, he hasn't done anything at all. He hasn't implemented any executive actions or tried to get bi-partisan legislation passed to address the issues that were then turned down by Republicans who *checks notes* wanted to use it as a political tool and have admitted as much. Interesting.

What did he do that would have effectively SLOWED down the number of Immigrants coming here on a daily basis? 
If anything, he caused MORE to come because he wasn't doing anything to slow it down. Insert Trump for Biden and Dems for Repubs and it was the same then, except Trump was pushing for measures only to keep getting blocked. 

(03-23-2024, 09:33 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: It's always nice when the sensible adults come together to make things happen. Too bad extremists make it so that we have to rely on these stopgap measures and can't get an actual budget passed. It's almost as if they are trying to see the government fail.

That i agree with and there's plenty to go around on both sides. Wonder what the earmarks look like on this one.

(03-23-2024, 11:09 AM)pally Wrote: You mean other than negotiating a bipartisan immigration bill that Donald Trump torpedoed so that the other side didn’t get a win.

The MAGA leader and his minions don’t want an actual bill.  They want the political issue to complain about.

The previous administration failed to pass any new immigration laws.  In fact he even had to take from military appropriations to fund the small part of the wall that was built because he couldn’t get the main promise of his immigration plan passed.  I guess he learned that Mexico wasn’t paying.

Immigration and the border cannot be fixed via executive order.  The laws need to be updated.

Congress needs to get off their collective as**** and do their bloody job instead of relying on presidential stopgaps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well i guess since you know so much about how MAGA people feel about it, you must be a closet MAGA. Takes one to know one kinda thing. 

Thanks for pointing out that Trump at least attempted to do things, overtly and covertly to get around Congress. 

Finally something sensible, The laws need to be updated. I already said in another post that quite a few things need to be scrapped and re-built to get them more current with the times. Definitely agree about Congress, both sides need to get off their azzes.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 02:40 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: He's a politician and if he's soo bad why did he win a 3rd term?

Ida know man, Biden is pretty unpopular and he served 6 terms in the senate, 2 terms as VP, and at least 1 term as president.

As for the topic, I assume the GOP is strategically making sure they lose the house majority so they can go back to their strength of being in the minority and assuring people that they have all the answers and would be getting all sorts of awesome things done and fixed if only they were in the majority...and we will believe them. 
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 06:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know man, Biden is pretty unpopular and he served 6 terms in the senate, 2 terms as VP, and at least 1 term as president.

As for the topic, I assume the GOP is strategically making sure they lose the house majority so they can go back to their strength of being in the minority and assuring people that they have all the answers and would be getting all sorts of awesome things done and fixed if only they were in the majority...and we will believe them. 

But that would mean a GOP strategy would possibly actually work. So, no way!
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 06:46 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: What did he do that would have effectively SLOWED down the number of Immigrants coming here on a daily basis? 
If anything, he caused MORE to come because he wasn't doing anything to slow it down. Insert Trump for Biden and Dems for Repubs and it was the same then, except Trump was pushing for measures only to keep getting blocked. 

Trump was getting blocked by the courts because what he did was not within the law. Biden didn't do those things because, well, they weren't within the law. The Biden administration has been asking for legislation on immigration from the start, but Congress has been ineffective on this front, both when it was a Democratic majority and now with the GOP at the helm in the House. In all seriousness, POTUS gets the blame for this but the executive branch can only go as far as the law and the budget allows.

(03-23-2024, 06:46 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: That i agree with and there's plenty to go around on both sides. Wonder what the earmarks look like on this one.

Hard to say. It was definitely a more conservative spending bill than I would've liked to see, but compromises are what they are.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 07:54 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Trump was getting blocked by the courts because what he did was not within the law. Biden didn't do those things because, well, they weren't within the law. The Biden administration has been asking for legislation  on immigration from the start, but Congress has been ineffective on this front, both when it was a Democratic majority and now with the GOP at the helm in the House. In all seriousness, POTUS gets the blame for this but the executive branch can only go as far as the law and the budget allows.

Hard to say. It was definitely a more conservative spending bill than I would've liked to see, but compromises are what they are.

OFC he pushed the boundaries. I would as well. As i say about Bengals Free Agency pickups, can't hit if  you aren't swinging. 

Yea it was smaller than we thought it would be, but isn't it only for 6 mos vs the full year anyways?

From what i have been reading, seems a few Dems didn't want to sign because they were worried it would be used as a political sticking point against them in their up coming re-elections.  So that kinda makes me wonder what was so bad that it could cost them a re-election. I'd rather vote for someone that gets shit done vs sitting on their thumbs the entire time.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 07:29 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: But that would mean a GOP strategy would possibly actually work. So, no way!

Meh, GOP politicians outperform their policies. How good that is or how much it is "the way it was meant to be" is another debate, though.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 07:54 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Trump was getting blocked by the courts because what he did was not within the law. Biden didn't do those things because, well, they weren't within the law. The Biden administration has been asking for legislation  on immigration from the start, but Congress has been ineffective on this front, both when it was a Democratic majority and now with the GOP at the helm in the House. In all seriousness, POTUS gets the blame for this but the executive branch can only go as far as the law and the budget allows.

(03-23-2024, 08:22 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: OFC he pushed the boundaries. I would as well. As i say about Bengals Free Agency pickups, can't hit if  you aren't swinging. 

Yea it was smaller than we thought it would be, but isn't it only for 6 mos vs the full year anyways?

From what i have been reading, seems a few Dems didn't want to sign because they were worried it would be used as a political sticking point against them in their up coming re-elections.  So that kinda makes me wonder what was so bad that it could cost them a re-election. I'd rather vote for someone that gets shit done vs sitting on their thumbs the entire time.

Going beyond the law isn't "pushing boundaries".

This is one of those "congress makes the laws" situations.  And when they did Trump told republicans not to vote for it.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 07:29 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: But that would mean a GOP strategy would possibly actually work. So, no way!

If their strategy is to being ineffective, lots of infighting and getting nothing done while looking like fools it IS working.  
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 08:22 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: OFC he pushed the boundaries. I would as well. As i say about Bengals Free Agency pickups, can't hit if  you aren't swinging. 

lol jokes on you.

You've been duped into voting for the wrong party.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/118th-congress-track-become-productive-us-history/story?id=106254012

They weren't called the party of No because they get shit done.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 09:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: If their strategy is to being ineffective, lots of infighting and getting nothing done while looking like fools it IS working.  

That’s literally nobody’s strategy.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 09:29 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: lol jokes on you.

You've been duped into voting for the wrong party.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/118th-congress-track-become-productive-us-history/story?id=106254012

They weren't called the party of No because they get shit done.

What ever dude, not like your party has done shit either.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 02:29 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: What ever dude, not like your party has done shit either.

This is kind of what we vote for now, isn't it?  Which politicians are going to do the most to combat "the other side" and treat them like enemies to the country?  Seems like voting based on that doesn't exactly make for a functioning government, but it wins elections and that's all that matters.  Most Americans don't know this stuff is going on right now, and if the GOP can successfully shut down the government things will get worse and most voters will say "Things are worse under Biden" and they'll vote for Trump and getting Trump re-elected is the only goal the GOP has.  It's short-sighted and it's hard to have faith that a political party that intentionally makes stuff worse in order to win is going to have much incentive to fix things, but that's where we are right now.

We get a whopping 2 political parties, and one of them has no plan outside of getting 1 specific man on this planet elected to a 4 year team in a non-legislative position.  Still, it's on the voters for having such a myopic view of things.  
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 03:26 AM)Nately120 Wrote: This is kind of what we vote for now, isn't it?  Which politicians are going to do the most to combat "the other side" and treat them like enemies to the country?  Seems like voting based on that doesn't exactly make for a functioning government, but it wins elections and that's all that matters.  Most Americans don't know this stuff is going on right now, and if the GOP can successfully shut down the government things will get worse and most voters will say "Things are worse under Biden" and they'll vote for Trump and getting Trump re-elected is the only goal the GOP has.  It's short-sighted and it's hard to have faith that a political party that intentionally makes stuff worse in order to win is going to have much incentive to fix things, but that's where we are right now.

We get a whopping 2 political parties, and one of them has no plan outside of getting 1 specific man on this planet elected to a 4 year team in a non-legislative position.  Still, it's on the voters for having such a myopic view of things.  

Have you been living under a rock or something?
It's been like this from both parties for a long time now and it really doesn't matter who the POTUS is cause they will just keep on doing what they do and blaming each other for not getting anything done. Pick your side, it really doesn't matter, they both do it.

you can see it on here on a mini scale, just imagine it on a much larger one.
Reply/Quote