Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morrison's who's up and down
(08-02-2021, 07:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: i tend to agree most of the time yes, but i that does not address my point.. so many people just went crazy when a high rounder did not start under Marvin or were already assigned as a backup.. seems a bit quite on that right now is all. 

well the last 5 or so years with marvin our First rounder ended up on IR for the majority of the season... Which didnt help him win games.

And marvin almost always put rookies at the bottom of the depth chart before camp and made them work their way up.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2021, 07:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: i tend to agree most of the time yes, but i that does not address my point.. so many people just went crazy when a high rounder did not start under Marvin or were already assigned as a backup.. seems a bit quite on that right now is all. 

I see your point and was personally frustrated a few times back then.  I just think it's too early to draw any conclusions for either side of the argument. 
Reply/Quote
One of my favourite things about this board is how people take anything that is happening right now seriously. The only thing important is getting through this healthy. At least wait until preseason before calling people trash shall we.

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 11:55 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: One of my favourite things about this board is how people take anything that is happening right now seriously. The only thing important is getting through this healthy. At least wait until preseason before calling people trash shall we.

Don't you mean 'rubbish'? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 11:55 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: One of my favourite things about this board is how people take anything that is happening right now seriously. The only thing important is getting through this healthy. At least wait until preseason before calling people trash shall we.

Exactly. I'm ready for it to be over... look at the QB's that have gone down already.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2021, 10:35 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: is Glasgow still around?

Nope. We got Reader, Ogunjobi, Tupou, Shelvin, Wren, Covington at DT right now.

I might be missing a player or two but we let Glasgow go last year after his injury.

Just hope Larry O can get healthy and stay that way.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 12:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Exactly. I'm ready for it to be over... look at the QB's that have gone down already.

Who?  Wentz had has that broken bone since HS apparently... just now getting it fixed.  Anyways Wentz Handcuff is available in Foles lol
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 01:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Who?  Wentz had has that broken bone since HS apparently... just now getting it fixed.  Anyways Wentz Handcuff is available in Foles lol

Patriots have lost Stidham for at least 12 weeks. Dak Prescott has a shoulder thing going on and is day to day. Watson has a foot injury (yeah, right) Jacksonville's Bethard is on Covid list, Stafford hit his hand on a teammates helmet and is not throwing, Lamar Jackson is on Covid again, and Minnesota has 3 QB's on the covid list.
Reply/Quote
Well lets hope some of the down players this week especially Carman and Tate rebound over the next two weeks I don;t feel great about our guard play from last year and I still think Tate can give us some nice diversity as the 4th WR.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 01:47 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well lets hope some of the down players this week especially Carman and Tate rebound over the next two weeks I don;t feel great about our guard play from last year and I still think Tate can give us some nice diversity as the 4th WR.

I agree.

It's hard to get excited about Spain and XSF as the potential two starters given their lack of contribution last year. 
I realize one was hurt most of the year and the other came over midseason after being in a different scheme and coaching, but neither was dominant when they did play.
So naturally, people were hopeful with an early draft pick coming in and taking the reins right away.
That may not happen, but there's still 40 days before the first game, so Carman could still end up starting by then.

As for Tate, I agree he's a good WR4. Probably not much more than that though. Maybe a WR3 for a team who can use him right.
It still puzzles me how little he's been used (or at least productive) in the red zone given he has good hands and his size should allow him to win most jump balls.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 01:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I agree.

It's hard to get excited about Spain and XSF as the potential two starters given their lack of contribution last year. 
I realize one was hurt most of the year and the other came over midseason after being in a different scheme and coaching, but neither was dominant when they did play.
So naturally, people were hopeful with an early draft pick coming in and taking the reins right away.
That may not happen, but there's still 40 days before the first game, so Carman could still end up starting by then.

As for Tate, I agree he's a good WR4. Probably not much more than that though. Maybe a WR3 for a team who can use him right.
It still puzzles me how little he's been used (or at least productive) in the red zone given he has good hands and his size should allow him to win most jump balls.

adding Chase does hurt Tate with some similar skill set and looks like Taylor is looking like the replacement Erickson but I feel Tate can fill it best especially if Chase or Higgins goes down
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2021, 02:30 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: "We?"  Is there a mouse in your pocket?

The guy that had his college team in the playoff each and every year he started at LT is garbage?

The guy that cost himself a combine/pro day because he played through a herniated disc in his final 4 games to make a final push for a National Championship is garbage?  (Note:  He had already won one of them)

The guy that immediately accepted the move to guard (people forget this) and didn't cry "I'm a tackle" because they make more money is garbage?

Look, I get venting on here when you are pissed at the team, or some player.  But just because the first week of unpadded practices shows Carman 3rd on the depth chart doesn't mean he is garbage.  The guy has incredible speed for a man of his size, and is a road grader.  He will likely be in the league a very long time.  If you don't recall, Andrew Whitworth struggled mightily when he was first put at tackle...and he was 28 years old!  Carman, btw, is just 21 years old.  

Give the guy a chance.  If he doesn't show in the preseason and earn a starting position, you can hammer him and the pick in the middle of round 2 by saying any lineman taken there should be an immediate starter.  Fine.  Until then, patience, grasshopper.  Patience.  

This.   Exactly this.   Well said!
Reply/Quote
Excited to see how these guys progress now that the pads are going on. Those are the kind of practices that show more about guys in the trenches. Its going to be a fun an exciting preseason. Super excited to see how it all pans out and what the final depth chart ends up being heading into week 1.
Reply/Quote