Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good thing that the Cowboys drafted Zeke Elliot
I guess some guys really are "made of glass".

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/cowboys-coach-darren-mcfadden-broke-his-elbow-while-trying-to-grab-his-falling-iphone/ar-AAh33Za?ocid=spartandhp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I had a feeling it was about Dmac being hurt, but wow I expected something far less ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 10:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I had a feeling it was about Dmac being hurt, but wow I expected something far less ridiculous.

at this point he has to up his game on the getting hurt stuff.
Reply/Quote
He may as well write this season off. Going to be tough to hang onto the ball, after a broken elbow.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The world of sports is full of absurd injuries, but for the NFL I'd say this one is right up there with Kevin Kolb getting injured by slipping on a mat while heading to the field.
Reply/Quote
McFadden was incredible in college.  He finished runner up for the Heisman 2 straight years. He could run, catch, return kicks, and even throw the ball (14-22 for 7 tds).  I thought he would be a huge star in the NFL, but injuries have killed him.

In '10 he finished 5th in the league in yards from scrimmage despite only playing 13 games.  He had over 1100 rushing yards with a 5.2 avg and over 500 receiving yards with a 10.8 avg. but that has been his only really good season
Reply/Quote
See? When I was a kid the phone was bolted to the kitchen wall and the risk of injury was from Ma Bell who would send someone to break your legs if you messed with their phones..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2016, 12:49 AM)grampahol Wrote: See? When I was a kid the phone was bolted to the kitchen wall and the risk of injury was from Ma Bell who would send someone to break your legs if you messed with their phones..

Yeah, plus it had a cord so if you dropped the headset, you didn't have to try and catch it.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2016, 07:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I guess some guys really are "made of glass".

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/cowboys-coach-darren-mcfadden-broke-his-elbow-while-trying-to-grab-his-falling-iphone/ar-AAh33Za?ocid=spartandhp

Damn, should have bought a Galaxy instead. Ninja

Reply/Quote
Fantasy Sleeper.... lol
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2016, 03:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Fantasy Sleeper.... lol

I agree. He may not even be a sleeper. I generally look to draft Antonio Brown in the 1st (PPR), but l
I'm gonna take a hard look at Elliot after that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2016, 03:50 PM)jason Wrote: I agree. He may not even be a sleeper. I generally look to draft Antonio Brown in the 1st (PPR), but l
I'm gonna take a hard look at Elliot after that.

On Yahoo's mocks he's running about 6th or 7th.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2016, 04:07 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: On Yahoo's mocks he's running about 6th or 7th.

Looks like I'd better look elsewhere then.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I kind of hope Elliott goes on to break records in the league, but I just have the feeling he's gonna find out the NFL is a whole lot tougher than the creampuff teams OSU often played..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2016, 12:51 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Yeah, plus it had a cord so if you dropped the headset, you didn't have to try and catch it.
Not to mention our moms with the switch waiting in case we actually did break it! Few fates were ever worse than a mom with a maple switch..

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2016, 10:07 AM)grampahol Wrote: I kind of hope Elliott goes on to break records in the league, but I just have the feeling he's gonna find out the NFL is a whole lot tougher than the creampuff teams OSU often played..

20 carries for 230yds 11.5ypc and 2td against the cream puff crimson tide.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2016, 01:35 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: 20 carries for 230yds 11.5ypc and 2td against the cream puff crimson tide.

Rep

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2016, 01:35 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: 20 carries for 230yds 11.5ypc and 2td against the cream puff crimson tide.

In his defense, he did say "often" played cream puffs. I know he made Oregon look like cream puffs.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2016, 01:55 PM)jason Wrote: In his defense, he did say "often" played cream puffs. I know he made Oregon look like cream puffs.

He made a lot of guys look like they didn't belong on the same field.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote