Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Marjorie Taylor Greene Demands Space Lasers To Combat Migrants
Really guy. Does EVERY thread have to devolve into this back and forth finger pointing?

She's a piece of shyt - let's move on to another exciting topic......
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 11:06 AM)Stewy Wrote: Really guy.  Does EVERY thread have to devolve into this back and forth finger pointing?

Oddly enough, everyone in the thread agrees on this, yet they still found something to ***** about.

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 11:06 AM)Stewy Wrote: Really guy. Does EVERY thread have to devolve into this back and forth finger pointing?

One last item…she looks like Randy the Ram from The Wrestler.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 11:11 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: One last item…she looks like Randy the Ram from The Wrestler.

The ultimate insult - even Fred wouldn't have hit that.....
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 11:11 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: One last item…she looks like Randy the Ram from The Wrestler.

My cousin was working a job a few years ago where he told me one of the women he worked with looked just like Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, and I asked him if he told her that and he said he's pretty sure she wouldn't be flattered.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 11:37 AM)Stewy Wrote: The ultimate insult - even Fred wouldn't have hit that.....

[Image: 55307cbd8e15738d7b02214cdc67ff1ba31fe9b6.gifv]

Reply/Quote
I can't find it now, but one of the few Tweets that have made me laugh out loud was the guy I follow commenting on MTG's Thanksgiving turkey. She posted a picture of it fresh out of the oven and it was literally the white people don't use spices stereotype. The guys response was , "That turkey is grey, ma'am." I laugh thinking it about it now.

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 11:41 AM)Nately120 Wrote: My cousin was working a job a few years ago where he told me one of the women he worked with looked just like Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, and I asked him if he told her that and he said he's pretty sure she wouldn't be flattered.

[Image: shh106jzreza1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 11:06 AM)Stewy Wrote: Really guy.  Does EVERY thread have to devolve into this back and forth finger pointing?

Just speaking for myself, this thread doesn't interest me as a referendum on MTG as a person.*

I do find interesting questions like 1) whether and how much she represents the new GOP,

2) whether her actions are provoking a re-calibration in some segments of the party, or not really, and 

3) why some step forward to separate her from a party led by someone more like than unlike her,
as if she were some outlier beyond the pale and the mass of Republicans prefer more sensible leadership.

Raising and exploring those questions is causal analysis, not finger pointing.  What makes the process
"exciting," at least for me, is how the answers quickly turned to definitions/perceptions of what counts as "loony." 
I.e., the inconsistency in what gets included and excluded from that category.

*Though on second look, I do grant the visual analogy to Randy the Ram. 
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 11:37 AM)Stewy Wrote: The ultimate insult - even Fred wouldn't have hit that.....

Yeah he would.

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 12:17 PM)Dill Wrote: *Though on second look, I do grant the visual analogy to Randy the Ram. 

lol
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 12:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yeah he would.

Yep he definitely would. 
When it came to hitting it, his standards were quite low! He was even willing to Hit Hills so... take what you want out of that.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 01:50 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Yep he definitely would. 
When it came to hitting it, his standards were quite low!

we talking gopher's and sticks?
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 01:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we talking gopher's and sticks?

If you are referring to GoFor it with a special stick then yes.
Reply/Quote
P&R uniting to dunk all over MTG.

[Image: 940baeee2eb1cd1aebfba18742b6b747.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 02:24 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: P&R uniting to dunk all over MTG.

[Image: 940baeee2eb1cd1aebfba18742b6b747.gif]

Hah, my sister, brother in law and I quote that dialogue to each other all the time.

Reply/Quote
If you're interested in the Dems winning anything, you almost have to hope and pray that this abomination stays in office until the day she dies. I actually wonder if she's somehow a stealth lib who got into office to sabotage the GOP in the house.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 10:59 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I recall when the OK symbol was suddenly a sign of "white supremacy".  Interestingly, the idea was started as a joke by /pol, to see if they could get the "normies" to believe something stupid, so they started the concept.  Sure enough, it took off and even when it was revealed as a joke it was then claimed that white supremacist groups had actually started using it as such, hence it was now a white supremacist symbol.  People lost their jobs doing it.  People were suspended from school for doing it.  
The point of this being, maybe "from the river to the sea" was once a chant simply calling for peaceful "liberation" of the Palestinians.  But it has been coopted by Hamas, who quite clearly state that it means the destruction of Israel and the genocide of the Jewish people.  So, exactly like your side claiming that using the OK hand gesture was a white supremacist symbol, despite it starting as a complete joke, if you use that phrase you do so knowing what it means to millions of people, that being genocide.
So, I'm sorry to report that if you use it, if you're ok with using it, then you are advocating for genocide whether you personally mean it that way or not.

Sort that out under cross examination.

Sure, but I'll need some cooperation from the witness. No pleading the 5th.

Court records show you have discussed the "OK" symbol's evolution from ok to white power trope at least twice before in this forum.

But in each case, you argued that the primary meaning of the phrase was NOT changed because it was appropriated by some evil group. Now you are arguing exactly that.

For example, check the bolded rhetorical question in this response to JJ in post #432 on the Rittenhouse thread.

(11-20-2021, 03:01 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: jj22 Wrote: It was the White supremacist goups themselves who adopted and stated the "OK" sign was their sign.

Incorrect, as already explained.  But it raises the question, is the above picture of St. Michael a white supremacy symbol now?  Using your logic the answer would have to be yes.  What if white supremacists started using the rainbow flag as a symbol of white supremacy, would that make anyone who flew the rainbow flag a white supremacist?

Sure it wasn't in the past as we all know, but this was their new thing. One that they are proud of and openly embraced . Not sure why others who refuse to acknoledge. Maybe because they are told white supremacist don't exists and believe that even tho they are open and public.

Or, a third option, they understand the absurdity of believing the OK hand sign is all of the sudden a white supremacy gesture, especially when it was started entirely as a troll on the left.  Which they took hook, line and sinker.

We have to get past the point where people tell us exactly who they are and we because of politcs make excuses for them and write it off as "oh they don't really mean it", "it's just the OK symbol"....

Once again, the irony meter is pinned.

If we can steady the irony meter a moment,

perhaps the witness can explain the 180 degree turn in effect from white supremacist appropriation to Hamas'?

An "absurdity" to think White supremacists can fix the meaning of a public symbol after the fact, but suddenly Hamas can do exactly that.

If Hamas started using the rainbow flag as a symbol of Israel-hate, would that make anyone who flew it an advocate for genocide,
whether they personally intended it that way or not? Why, for you, are they more powerful than white supremacists?
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2024, 12:19 PM)Dill Wrote: Sure, but I'll need some cooperation from the witness. No pleading the 5th.

Court records show you have discussed the "OK" symbol's evolution from ok to white power trope at least twice before in this forum.

But in each case, you argued that the primary meaning of the phrase was NOT changed because it was appropriated by some evil group. Now you are arguing exactly that.

For example, check the bolded rhetorical question in this response to JJ in post #432 on the Rittenhouse thread.

If we can steady the irony meter a moment,

perhaps the witness can explain the 180 degree turn in effect from white supremacist appropriation to Hamas'?

An "absurdity" to think White supremacists can fix the meaning of a public symbol after the fact, but suddenly Hamas can do exactly that.

If Hamas started using the rainbow flag as a symbol of Israel-hate, would that make anyone who flew it an advocate for genocide,
whether they personally intended it that way or not? Why, for you, are they more powerful than white supremacists?

Take notes, Dill, because this is how you properly put out bait.  As a logically consistent person I don't have to struggle to remember my positions on issues.  Hence I am fully aware of my argument regarding the OK hand gesture.  Guess who was arguing against me in both those threads?  People on your side of the aisle.  I am using your side's own logic and arguments against them.  

[Image: 4a4.gif]

So, if you argued, ever, that the OK sign gesture was suddenly a racist dog whistle, you must do the same with the slogan in question.  If you've ever stated Trump uses "Nazi wording" when he refers to immigrants, or anything else, you must do the same with this slogan.  If you believe something becomes tainted by association, as this slogan would clearly be perceived in that regard, then you must agree that using it is pro-Hamas and a call for genocide of the Jewish people.  Unfortunately for you, and for Jewish people everywhere, the protests are becoming increasingly openly pro-Hamas and antisemitic.  I won't have to do any proving of any kind.  Your ilk are going to do it all for me.  Thank you and enjoy your weekend.

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2024, 12:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Take notes, Dill, because this is how you properly put out bait.  As a logically consistent person I don't have to struggle to remember my positions on issues.  Hence I am fully aware of my argument regarding the OK hand gesture.  Guess who was arguing against me in both those threads?  People on your side of the aisle.  I am using your side's own logic and arguments against them

So, if you argued, ever, that the OK sign gesture was suddenly a racist dog whistle, you must do the same with the slogan in question.  If you've ever stated Trump uses "Nazi wording" when he refers to immigrants, or anything else, you must do the same with this slogan.  If you believe something becomes tainted by association, as this slogan would clearly be perceived in that regard, then you must agree that using it is pro-Hamas and a call for genocide of the Jewish people.  Unfortunately for you, and for Jewish people everywhere, the protests are becoming increasingly openly pro-Hamas and antisemitic.  I won't have to do any proving of any kind.  Your ilk are going to do it all for me.  Thank you and enjoy your weekend.

Umm no.  You are someone who set rules for others and breaks them himself: That's not logical consistency.

E.g., you find Nazi analogies "loathsome" and demand they NEVER be applied, but created a special exception for me. Same for calling people "racist," except ok for me and Dino. And you are especially against lumping people in to evil groups over small disagreements about them--but call me an antifaISISHamas supporter.

Maybe you should "struggle" a bit more to remember your positions?  Let me help with yet another example.

Bpat started a thread "The Circle Game or Neo Nazi symbol?" (5/09/19). His opening post explained the 4-chan re-contextualization. After a number of "my side" were discussing the effects of the re-contextualization, most, like Treee, B-zona and Bels, noncommittally, you popped up in post #12 with the following projection onto the media, the "dumb left," and everyone on the thread:

You guys are apparently unaware that /pol/ started this rumor and the media ran with it. They're trying to make leftists look foolish by claiming that 
      common gestures are now "hate symbols". You get enough of these labeled as such by the media and the media and the left look progressively dumber with  
      each one they swallow. They are succeeding.

Forcing Bpat, from my side of the aisle, to remind you, re-quoting himself in post #14, that everyone discussing the topic was in fact aware. Not "the left" looking foolish there.  My contributions to that thread simply turned around how symbols like swastikas and ok signs get read differently in different cultures, according to context. Most everyone on "both sides" of the aisle linked interpretation to intent--exactly the connection you are trying to break here.

"People on my side" just turns out to be JJ in one thread in one discussion. And there is no "same" here that I "must do."

So you are not using your imagined "logic" of my "ilk" against "my side."  That's just your face-saving reconstruction.

You are using it for "your side" against Tlaib, separating use from intent to support YOUR claim that Tlaib was chanting genocidal slogans, whether she intended to or not. That's why you were "sorry to report that if you use it, if you're ok with using it, then you are advocating for genocide whether you personally mean it that way or not." You were speaking for "your side" at the moment. Not mine.

If I am wrong about that, then you'll be happy to state right now that Tlaib WAS NOT chanting a genocidal slogan.
Reply/Quote