Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My guess at what they'll do
This is not what I would do but my guess at what the Bengals will do. 

Round 1 Amarius Mims OT Georgia 
[Image: EGF6WQPBI2Z2CSQACBSI4NHCWI.JPG]

This pick scares me but as Bruce Arians said no risk it, no biscuit. I've seen a lot of people describe him as raw but I think inexperienced is the more appropriate word. He only had 40 True pass sets in 2023 which is 95 less than the next closest 1st round OT prospect. Since 2010 there have been two first round picks that were 6'6" or taller and 346lbs or heavier: Mekhi Becton and fellow Bulldog Isaiah Wilson. Not exactly a ringing endorsement but neither had the athleticism that Mims brings to the table.Theres also no denying he has all of the physical traits you could ask for and the film while limited is impressive. My biggest question from this selection is, as Dave Lapham put it, Mims is a "lump of clay" but do we trust Frank Pollack to be the sculptor? 

Round 2 Ladd McConkey WR Georgia 
[Image: 102906305_McConkey_t800.jpg?90232451fbca...9a8f88077d]
Weird stuff happens during the draft and I think Round 2 will be interesting as I think there will be someone available we don't expect. Is it likely Ladd falls, No but is it possible, yes. I think the Bengals are all in on receiver in Round 2, it just depends on who's there.

Round 3 Maason Smith DT LSU
[Image: Maason-Smith-scaled.jpg]

The Bengals seem enamored with Smith and its easy to see why. The guys potential is through the roof with his size/frame and power. He showed flashes but battled injuries and just never fully put it together. Definitely a boom or bust pick. 

Round 3c Zak Zinter OG Michigan 
[Image: resize?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdxbhsrqyrr690.c...height=300]
The Michigan pipeline stays alive, this time going to the Offensive side of the ball for a guard with great potential but will need time to recover from injury. 

Round 4  Audric Estime RB Notre Dame
[Image: USATSI_21927720.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]
There isn't a more physical back in this draft than Audric Estime. Sure the 40's not impressive but did you really expect it to be? The guy is a tank and would give us a great power back to pair with Moss and Brown.

Round 5 Erick All TE Iowa 
[Image: USATSI_21330822-scaled.jpg]
The Bengals really want All. They have been in contact with him multiple times throught out the draft process. Local player who is a well rounded TE prospect with an injury history.

Round 6 Evan Anderson NT FAU
[Image: Screen-Shot-2023-09-10-at-5.25.47-PM.png]
Big NT from a small school that the Bengals have shown a lot of interest in. 

Round 6c Tory Taylor P Iowa 
[Image: ToryTaylor-900x600.jpg]
Another Hawkeye, this time we select the Australian with the cannon leg to replace the disappointing Brad Robbins. 

Round 7 Jowon Briggs NT UC 
[Image: 71273646007-102123-bearcats-0040.jpg?cro...&auto=webp]

Round 7 (Joe Mixon trade) Joshua Cephus WR UTSA
[Image: usatsi_17157565.jpg]
CeeDee lite? Cephus is explosive but comes with some character concerns, still I think he's worth the gamble in the 7th. 
Reply/Quote
Hope you are right WhoDeyK. Would love it if this happened for the most part. Not a fan of Erick All and his injuries but the
Bengals have seemed to have a lot of interest in him for some reason. But that is honestly my only problem with this Mock.

Love Mims, McConkey, Maason Smith, Zinter, Estime, Anderson and Tory Taylor for us.
Reply/Quote
2 picks right! Not bad at all
Reply/Quote