Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD***
The official draft discussion thread will be placed in Jungle Noise so that the most people can view and find it, and because it will be the main topic of discussion through Saturday evening.

Interested to hear everyone's predictions on who the Bengals will take at 21 on Thursday night.

Who would you be excited to see fall and be selected?

Who would make you scream at your TV if selected?
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 08:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The official draft discussion thread will be placed in Jungle Noise so that the most people can view and find it, and because it will be the main topic of discussion through Saturday evening.

Interested to hear everyone's predictions on who the Bengals will take at 21 on Thursday night.

Who would you be excited to see fall and be selected?

Who would make you scream at your TV if selected?

Leighton Vander Esch intrigues me, as does Taven Bryan.  They both seem to unanimously rate higher (whatever that's worth) than the interior offensive linemen mentioned frequently here.
Reply/Quote
I think we’ll pick Ragnow because that’s who Lap said. If not him I’d guess Price or McGlinchy.

I’d be pumped if Edmunds or Smith somehow fell to us but that won’t happen.

I’d be very upset if Kolton Miller was our pick in the first.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think both Trumaine Edmunds and Quentin Nelson will be tops at their positions for some time.

Edmunds has that rare speed/size combo, takes great angles and tackles like a freak. Can cover a bit too.

Nelson is that great power blocker but he also has great feet and hands. Rare for a man that size and he could
even play Tackle with his arm length and all these abilities.

Would love either player if they fell. Given all this i would still take Frank Ragnow over either as he is the best
player at our greatest area of need.

Would be more stoked with him than either of the future great players i spoke of.

Ragnow will be great in his own right.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 09:25 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I think we’ll pick Ragnow because that’s who Lap said. If not him I’d guess Price or McGlinchy.

I’d be pumped if Edmunds or Smith somehow fell to us but that won’t happen.

I’d be very upset if Kolton Miller was our pick in the first.

Because of my crazy schedule, I haven't been able to follow the draft process anywhere near as close this year as I usually do. Is Price still considered to be a 1st round prospect? 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 10:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Because of my crazy schedule, I haven't been able to follow the draft process anywhere near as close this year as I usually do. Is Price still considered to be a 1st round prospect? 

He tore a pec muscle at the combine that has dropped him some, but it wasn't serious and should be ready to go week 1, but looking like a second rounder as of now which is good news for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 10:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Because of my crazy schedule, I haven't been able to follow the draft process anywhere near as close this year as I usually do. Is Price still considered to be a 1st round prospect? 

I think it's either daniels or ragnow ,now in the 2nd im not going to be able to guess it this year,I picked Jeremy hill in the past when I heard he was taken to dinner.

They did with Sam Hubbard DE and I think he's very possible , but a guy I'd like for to fall is Safety Ronnie Harrison , out of the safeties we can get he looks the best,he's a sure tackler ,always in the riggt spot,qb of the backend like Reggie was,he used to play qb somewhere so he knows what offenses are trying to do .

Another interesting guy could pop up 2nd round is Lorenzo Carter,he runs a 4. 46 I think. And he's 250 and tall. I really like him but idk how much the Bengals could use him on the field. All he did was rush the passer in what looked to be a 3-4.

I still like Orlando brown in the 3rd ,or if not there I see them going will Richardson.

I took.a look.at that Oren Burks guy and his tape sucked ,I would not draft him he will get ran over in the NFL .
Reply/Quote

Yeah I think he is now. Most recent news is he healed faster than expected and that the injury isn’t even a concern at this point. Hard to know what to believe this time of the year but it sounds like he’s definitely still a first round possibility. Plus I think Lap listed him as his backup prediction if Ragnow is gone.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 10:36 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yeah I think he is now. Most recent news is he healed faster than expected and that the injury isn’t even a concern at this point. Hard to know what to believe this time of the year but it sounds like he’s definitely still a first round possibility. Plus I think Lap listed him as his backup prediction if Ragnow is gone.

Daniels is still a possibility. A lot of people have him as the #1 center. And he is from Ohio.....bonus!
Reply/Quote
I forgot to add two corners I like in the mid rounds,Dante Jackson i really like and McFadden from Florida State could of been a first rounder at one point but something happened I don't know what.trouble or injury.
Reply/Quote
Ragnow or Daniels....75% chance of being drafted in the first.

Lamar Jackson.....25% chance of being our pick.

Unless someone higher up falls like the OT from ND.

Someone else to watch who I think could be very good is Isiah Wynn from Georgia. We do seem to favor SEC linemen.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I think it will be McGlinchey OT if he is there. If not, Ragnow which would be great. They could still take Price in round 2 and he could play RG.

I would be totally pissed if the Bengals take Miller OT or WR at 21. I am preparing myself for them to take a CB because, well, that is what they do.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I've read and listened to so many things about the draft that I'm convinced the Bengals will take every single player, except Ragnow and Daniels. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Also, like the draft broadcasts, please DO NOT TIP PICKS. 

Most people like to be surprised .
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Guy I most want- I am going to cheat and name 2; Roquan Smith and Tremain Edmunds. I want two elite LBers like the Panthers, Jags, and Seahawks. Both of those guys are going to be three down studs.

Guy I think we will pick at 21- James Daniels

Guy who I don't want any thing to do with- Josh Allen

Guy who will last longer than he should- Baker Mayfield

Guy who will go before he should- Taven Bryan

Secret Super star- Kentavius Street NC State
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'd love to get a LB or top C.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Well Lap predicted Ragnow so we'll take Ragnow unless someone snags him ahead of us. I think in the 2nd we take Ronnie Harrison. In the 3rd we take Arden Key and Orlando Brown. I cant make any more predictions because if this is how our draft actually panned out, I'd probably faint from the massive boner I'd get.
Reply/Quote
I know we need a Center... But ill be mad if they reach for one in the 1st. if there is higher graded talent available at a position of need
Reply/Quote
http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam

Here is a list of players we met with whether it be Pro Day, Combine, Private Workout, etc

Last year, 4 players from the list were drafted by us.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 07:49 AM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Well Lap predicted Ragnow so we'll take Ragnow unless someone snags him ahead of us. I think in the 2nd we take Ronnie Harrison. In the 3rd we take Arden Key and Orlando Brown. I cant make any more predictions because if this is how our draft actually panned out, I'd probably faint from the massive boner I'd get.

I really want Harrison ,I think that would be a great add he'd take safety spot right away.
Reply/Quote