Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Another Trump lawyer disbarred
John Eastman was the architect of the fake elector scheme

https://twitter.com/NormEisen/status/1773133128665620777

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The CA Bar just delivered an important 2020 accountability outcome – recommending John Eastman for permanent disbarment. <br><br>Kudos to our team <a href="https://twitter.com/statesunited?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@statesunited</a> who filed the initial ethics complaint against him in 2021, along with me &amp; dozens of bipartisan signers.… <a href="https://t.co/c1iygoTDIm">pic.twitter.com/c1iygoTDIm</a></p>&mdash; Norm Eisen (norm.eisen on Threads) (@NormEisen) <a href="https://twitter.com/NormEisen/status/1773133128665620777?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 27, 2024</a></blockquote>

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 08:44 PM)pally Wrote: John Eastman was the architect of the fake elector scheme

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The CA Bar just delivered an important 2020 accountability outcome – recommending John Eastman for permanent disbarment. <br><br>Kudos to our team <a href="https://twitter.com/statesunited?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@statesunited</a> who filed the initial ethics complaint against him in 2021, along with me &amp;  dozens of bipartisan signers.… <a href="https://t.co/c1iygoTDIm">pic.twitter.com/c1iygoTDIm</a></p>&mdash; Norm Eisen (norm.eisen on Threads) (@NormEisen) <a href="https://twitter.com/NormEisen/status/1773133128665620777?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 27, 2024</a></blockquote>

He hires only the best people.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
He'll just move to Tx.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 08:44 PM)pally Wrote: John Eastman was the architect of the fake elector scheme

That danger was implicit in the movement from the get go.

Make Attorneys Get Attorneys.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 02:22 AM)Dill Wrote: That danger was implicit in the movement from the get go.

Make Attorneys Get Attorneys.

Just curious, when the Democrats did the fake elector thing, were they punished for it? 
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 03:46 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Just curious, when the Democrats did the fake elector thing, were they punished for it? 

When did they do a fake elector scheme?

While at times they objected to a state certification, at no time, did they meet in a clandestine manner, to elect and present, for the sole purpose of of stealing an election, a group of non selected electors.

The only scenario that even remotely comes close was the 1960 election in Hawaii. The election was undergoing a mandated recount which in those days was much slower than today. Backed up against mandated deadlines, the legislature certified BOTH sets of electors with the caveat that only the winner of the recount would be presented to Congress in Jan. This was done with the approval of BOTH parties. The margin in that election was 115 votes not thousands or 10s of thousands like in 2020.

Trump had already lost in court in all his “disputed” states. All recounts were over. And the state legislatures had already certified only the duly elected slate of electors

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 07:16 AM)pally Wrote: When did they do a fake elector scheme?

While at times they objected to a state certification, at no time, did they meet in a clandestine manner, to elect and present, for the sole purpose of of stealing an election, a group of non selected electors.

The only scenario that even remotely comes close was the 1960 election in Hawaii.  The election was undergoing a mandated recount which in those days was much slower than today.  Backed up against mandated deadlines, the legislature certified BOTH sets of electors with the caveat that only the winner of the recount would be presented to Congress in Jan.  This was done with the approval of BOTH parties.  The margin in that election was 115 votes not thousands or 10s of thousands like in 2020.

Trump had already lost in court in all his “disputed” states.  All recounts were over.  And the state legislatures had already certified only the duly elected slate of electors

The truth doesn't matter Pally.  They just have to keep saying "but the other side" until they get one right.

Even the guy who made this claim took it back because he "meant" to say something else.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 03:46 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Just curious, when the Democrats did the fake elector thing, were they punished for it? 

Can't imagine what you are referring to.

So far as I know, the Democrats have never, in coordination with their party representatives in different states,
attempted to overthrow a legitimate election using fake electors.

But perhaps you ask because some GOP operatives found out that in 1960, after Nixon won a close vote in Hawaii, Dem electors there certified an alternative slate of votes and sent it DC along with the Nixon slate. (See Dino's link above.) Nixon, then VP, received both, but acknowledged the Dem slate as valid

--because in the interim a recount showed Kennedy had won. In any case, Hawaii would not have decided the election.

And all was done above board, with a court's blessing, NOT in secret, behind locked doors, ILLEGALLY coordinated with the WH and RNC in other states.
So if that's what you are referring to then NO, those electors were NOT punished for NOT breaking the law. That was the pre-Trump world.

I hope you have noticed my frequent remarks on other threads about the tremendous pressure on GOP leaders and "journalists" to create and circulate
FALSE EQUIVALENCES useful to minimizing their leader's criminal actions.

Every week we see two or three new ones.  Double standard double standard.  PS just saw Pally explained all this anyway.
Reply/Quote
So HI never sent fake Electors for JFK vs Nixon which gave JFK the state.. Interesting denial you guys do. First time in recorded history that it was done.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 02:07 PM)Dill Wrote: Can't imagine what you are referring to.

So far as I know, the Democrats have never, in coordination with their party representatives in different states,
attempted to overthrow a legitimate election using fake electors.

But perhaps you ask because some GOP operatives found out that in 1960, after Nixon won a close vote in Hawaii, Dem electors there certified an alternative slate of votes and sent it DC along with the Nixon slate. (See Dino's link above.) Nixon, then VP, received both, but acknowledged the Dem slate as valid

--because in the interim a recount showed Kennedy had won. In any case, Hawaii would not have decided the election.

And all was done above board, with a court's blessing, NOT in secret, behind locked doors, ILLEGALLY coordinated with the WH and RNC in other states.
So if that's what you are referring to then NO, those electors were NOT punished for NOT breaking the law. That was the pre-Trump world.

I hope you have noticed my frequent remarks on other threads about the tremendous pressure on GOP leaders and "journalists" to create and circulate
FALSE EQUIVALENCES useful to minimizing their leader's criminal actions.

Every week we see two or three new ones.  Double standard double standard.  PS just saw Pally explained all this anyway.

Oh I'm aware it didn't change the outcome of the election, but I would say that it was the basis for what they did. 
Dems showed them how to do it and they did. 

Speaking of double standards, the people on Jan 6 that went into the capital were all grown ass adults making their own decisions.
I'm not seeing how that's "Trump's" fault based on everything else that seems to pop up when i try to point it out.

I mean it's Pally's fav line.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2024, 12:40 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: So HI never sent fake Electors for JFK vs Nixon which gave JFK the state.. Interesting denial you guys do. First time in recorded history that it was done.

Hawaii’s GOVERNMENT sent certified contingent set of electors pending the outcome of the recount of an extremely close election. They did not and had no intention of presenting conflicting sets of electors to Congress. The intention was never for Congress to decide which set to use. Both sets of electors were officially recognized by both parties

TRUMP, not any state government, with the recounts and court challenges completed sent ILLEGALLY selected electors
-the electors “voting” were not the same people selected prior to the 2020 ballots
-the met outside the official legislative location.
-in violation of state laws the attempted to subvert the officially certified results of the Presidential elections
-they had no legal nor official standing. In other words FAKE.

You are either just plain stupid or being deliberately obtuse if you cannot or will not comprehend the differences. I tend to believe you are trolling by being deliberately obtuse

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2024, 04:04 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If they weren't the Official Electors when what were they?

And the GOP had to get the idea from somewhere.

So you don't think Republicans are capable of original ideas?  or illegal ones?  Seriously????!!!!

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2024, 05:38 PM)pally Wrote: So you don't think Republicans are capable of original ideas?  or illegal ones?  Seriously????!!!!

Mark this moment, Pally actually gives the GOP credit for being able to come up with their own ideas, be they illegal or otherwise.  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2024, 05:38 PM)pally Wrote: So you don't think Republicans are capable of original ideas?  or illegal ones?  Seriously????!!!!

No because that's what you keep telling us. 
we are bigots/racists/homophobes/transphboes and any other you can think of and completely incapable of thinking for ourselves.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2024, 06:17 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No because that's what you keep telling us. 
we are bigots/racists/homophobes/transphboes and any other you can think of and completely incapable of thinking for ourselves.

You kept telling us a lot of things in this thread, but they're all gone now.  Weird.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2024, 06:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Mark this moment, Pally actually gives the GOP credit for being able to come up with their own ideas, be they illegal or otherwise.  Ninja

I give Republicans credit for a lot of things including their mostly bad ideas. Nobody else would want credit for some of the crap they come up with

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2024, 06:17 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No because that's what you keep telling us. 

That would explain why the republican messiahs of my lifetime were democrats from CA and NY who became republicans and then completely reshaped reality for conservatives.  Ninja

At this point if you told me the year is 2040 and Colin Kaepernick "saw the light" and is a prominent voice in GOP politics, I'd believe it. 

Well, I joke but I have to say it is interesting how something becomes the focal point and go-to for the right before being replaced by something else a bit later. I have no doubt the people saying that boat crashed into that bridge because of DEI and the border would be saying it crashed due to CRT and the border if it happened in 2022, ISIS if it were 2006, and tolerance of gay lifestyles if Jerry Falwell were still alive.  I won't say it's exclusive to the right but their messaging is always so on-point.
Reply/Quote