Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Religion Lying Again?
Ok. What’s the hold up? I heard the God fearing people warning others with the eclipse and the earthquakes that it meant the end was coming.

I’m over here still stuck at work???

I’m honestly just totally shocked we might have a faulty religious prophecy?

Funny thing is science nailed the eclipse. They called it. Almost like they knew it was coming. Weird!! They usually just throw bullshit at the wall and hope it sticks.
Reply/Quote
I don't know how we would feel if we didn't know what there is in the sky. That kind of unknown just above you.

I've asked myself that question very often.

All these people didn't know and well, I don't judge them for trying to give a meaning to it.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 09:27 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Ok. What’s the hold up? I heard the God fearing people warning others with the eclipse and the earthquakes that it meant the end was coming.

I’m over here still stuck at work???

I’m honestly just totally shocked we might have a faulty religious prophecy?

Funny thing is science nailed the eclipse. They called it. Almost like they knew it was coming. Weird!! They usually just throw bullshit at the wall and hope it sticks.

I haven't heard a single work about "end of the world" from any Religion.

What religious sect are you are talking about? 

Really doesn't matter, there's no shortage of ding dongs in the world. Just look at those environmentalists, they also claim the world is going to end.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 11:14 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I haven't heard a single work about "end of the world" from any Religion.

Really doesn't matter, there's no shortage of ding dongs in the world. Just look at those environmentalists, they also claim the world is going to end.

I think it's more of that doomsday sect of ultra "what's in it for me" pseudo-Christianity.  I know some of those types and there wasn't as much conviction behind it, but much like getting "the jab" the possibility that we've been exposed to something that may very well mysteriously kill us "eventually" was put out there.
Reply/Quote
We drove to a little out of the way spot of the Reservoir Park in New London, OH today. I was happy to see many churches offering events and many emergency response vehicles out. That certainly would have kept things tidy, were there to be thousands of rapture husks about.

[Image: e79b02c7d2f823cbfcccd2e46407fe1c.jpg]

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 09:44 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I don't know how we would feel if we didn't know what there is in the sky. That kind of unknown just above you.

I've asked myself that question very often.

All these people didn't know and well, I don't judge them for trying to give a meaning to it.

Oh I can’t imagine the pandemonium that would have taken place back in the day after something like that. I don’t know if they would have waited on the sacrifices in order to give time for everybody to gather for the ritual or if they would have just started murdering everything right away?
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 11:14 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I haven't heard a single work about "end of the world" from any Religion.

I’m not sure what religion this is

https://youtube.com/shorts/60RbbWFhs0s?si=u4F1BhU-FLPRwoHd

I don’t know what religion this is either

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/marjorie-taylor-greene-comments-eclipse-earthquake-god
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 12:18 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Oh I can’t imagine the pandemonium that would have taken place back in the day after something like that. I don’t know if they would have waited on the sacrifices in order to give time for everybody to gather for the ritual or if they would have just started murdering everything right away?

Probably mayhem. But who knows, back in Ancient times, they were much more in tune with Astrology that we are today 
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 11:14 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I haven't heard a single work about "end of the world" from any Religion.

A significant portion of environmentalist ding dongs are climate scientists. They say God didn't create pollution. But I thought God created everything? 

I think we are just supposed to repent. We can prevent the end of the world that way. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4580464-greene-defends-claim-that-eclipse-earthquake-signs-to-repent/

“Yes eclipses are predictable and earthquakes happen and we know when comets are passing by, however God created all of these things and uses them to be signs for those of us who believe.”

Good enough for me. Next solar eclipse to cross the US will be in 2044. So we get a head start on deciding what sign God will be sending us then. 

Great thing about the US is we have choices, alternatives to science. Should be left to the states to decide.

[Image: taylorgreenemarjorie_020521gn9_lead.jpg?w=980]
Reply/Quote
I miss the good old days when the religious types would respond to stuff like this by whipping themselves to appease god, not telling everyone to go after marginalized people and take it out on them.
Reply/Quote
I believe it is more people using their religion for either attention or money.  Or both.

Other than the "Sky going dark" during the crucifixion of Jesus I'm unaware of ever being taught about eclipses in religion class.  And that was almost every day for 12 years of school and then 12 more credits in college.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 05:35 AM)Dill Wrote: A significant portion of environmentalist ding dongs are climate scientists. They say God didn't create pollution. But I thought God created everything? 

I think we are just supposed to repent. We can prevent the end of the world that way. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4580464-greene-defends-claim-that-eclipse-earthquake-signs-to-repent/

“Yes eclipses are predictable and earthquakes happen and we know when comets are passing by, however God created all of these things and uses them to be signs for those of us who believe.”

Good enough for me. Next solar eclipse to cross the US will be in 2044. So we get a head start on deciding what sign God will be sending us then. 

Great thing about the US is we have choices, alternatives to science. Should be left to the states to decide.

[Image: taylorgreenemarjorie_020521gn9_lead.jpg?w=980]

What's her favorite commandment?  Oh, I know, "Thou shalt orally pleasure thy Crossfit coach out of wedlock".  
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 05:05 PM)samhain Wrote: What's her favorite commandment?  Oh, I know, "Thou shalt orally pleasure thy Crossfit coach out of wedlock".  

Fred would hit it
Reply/Quote
Considering the EQ and aftershocks can easily be explained by geology, anyone working themselves up into a frenzy about this is an ignorant dolt.

Luckily ignorance can be corrected, but willful ignorance cannot.
Reply/Quote
For the Science Nerds or interested.

Most Earthquakes (EQs) occur on active margins, where you have spreading/extension (mid ocean ridges), compression (Mountains like the Himalaya's) or strike-slip (San Andreas in Cali).

The plates are constantly moving, but they also have a tremendous amount of friction when trying to slide by each other and the usually get stuck. When they "unstick" they move abruptly and you get EQs. Also, the slippage isn't uniform. Some parts of a plate boundary slip constantly, creating little to no build of of potential energy and some are very sticky storing lots of energy and creating large EQs.

New Jersey is on a stable margin, not an active margin, so how did we get EQs and aftershocks there. Because what is now passive was ONCE active. The EQs in NJ originated from a failed "triple junction".

What the heck is a triple junction? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_junction) When continents have been crashed together and joined by Plate Tectonics, it creates a insulating effect due to the thick continental crust, mantle circulation and no spot to release heat. So the crust heats and heats until magma moves up through the thick crust and bursts out. The shape of this usually has three prongs, thus the name triple junction. With the magma pouring out, it starts to break the continent up, pushing away from the initial area in three different directions. If the process continues then the triple junction will be where three separate tectonic plates meet. A failed triple junction is where the process started, but then did not continue for various reasons. Geology is dumb. The Earth likes the path of least resistance, so when continental breakup happens in history you get lots of failed triple junctions. Though they are no longer moving ACTIVELY, they are still zones of weakness representing rips through the 30-50km thick continental crust that can still build up potential energy, but over much longer periods of time. This is what moved in New Jersey.

Now to scare the shyt out of you, the most famous failed triple junction event in the history of the US happened in the center of the continent in Missouri in 1812 - read this and be terrified because it hasn't moved in 140 years - I give you the New Madrid Seismic Zone - ( https://iemaohs.illinois.gov/preparedness/earthquake-newmadrid.html#:~:text=The%20New%20Madrid%20Seismic%20Zone%20(NMSZ)%20is%20a%20150%2D,western%20Kentucky%20to%20southern%20Illinois. ) and ( https://www.usgs.gov/programs/earthquake-hazards/new-madrid-seismic-zone )
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 07:37 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Fred would hit it
Like a gopher.
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7espex26fno8wnzagib...y.gif&ct=g]

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Weird. I thought it was climate change that caused this.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I am not sure the purpose of non-believers to mock Christians. The title by the OP is an attempt to accept extreme religious people beliefs.

I don't know any Christian who believes an eclipse or an earthquake is the beginning of the end of the world.

I do know a lot of far left people who think an earthquake, tornado, hurricane, extreme cold weather and other normal weather patterns are a result of climate change.

Mathew 10:33
But Everyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before my Father in heaven

I pray for all nonbelievers to read the bible and develop a personal relationship with God so you too will enter the Kingdom of God.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote