Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey Hill - rookie to have the most surprising season?
This guy might be a sleeper, no one is really talking.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 08:55 AM)willieFANderson Wrote: This guy might be a sleeper, no one is really talking.

you think he will crack the starting lineup this year?    Id perfer not to have more than 1 rookie on the OL
Reply/Quote
If he plays this season things have gone terribly wrong. Hopefully Hopkins is ready week one, and if he’s not Price needs to hold it down at center.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Wasn’t impressed with this Trey Hill pick at all.Hope he works out.But,,,as was mentioned earlier,if he ends up starting at some point,then things have unfortunately hit rock bottom.
Reply/Quote
I think the most surprising rookie will be Pro Wells.
Reply/Quote
Most surprising rookie? Well, it can't really be Chase or Carman as everyone is already counting on those two for big things. I guess I will go with Chris Evans. Has crazy athleticism. If he gets a chance to show his stuff in the regular season, he could "surprise" for a 6th round pick.
Reply/Quote
I liked the Hill pick. It's too early to predict his success, but you want your center to have a solid base which he has. Has thick legs. He did well at times against good talent in the SEC.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 10:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think the most surprising rookie will be Pro Wells.

Pro Wells making it would definitely be a surprise.
I am heavily expecting the TEs to be Uzomah, Sample, and Moss barring an injury.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm not counting Wells or Hill out. Both could end up being very productive for us.

We'll see, of course, but I think both could surprise some people.
[Image: n881eg.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 10:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think the most surprising rookie will be Pro Wells.

Chris Evans but maybe Trey hill mauls and is a steal him starting doesn’t necessarily mean bad
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 09:01 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If he plays this season things have gone terribly wrong. Hopefully Hopkins is ready week one, and if he’s not Price needs to hold it down at center.

I rarely disagree with you Nicomo but I do here, doesn't necessarily mean things have gone terribly wrong if Trey Hill plays this
season. If he is better than Price and Hopkins isn't ready to go, nothing wrong with starting the better Center. 

I just want the best players to start, who knows if Trey Hill can be better than both Hop and Price...

Hill has a great anchor and played against the best interior guys in the SEC.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 04:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I rarely disagree with you Nicomo but I do here, doesn't necessarily mean things have gone terribly wrong if Trey Hill plays this
season. If he is better than Price and Hopkins isn't ready to go, nothing wrong with starting the better Center. 

I just want the best players to start, who knows if Trey Hill can be better than both Hop and Price...

If a late round(day 3) OL takes over a starting spot Year 1 and not cause of injury  either

We struck gold nobody saw.  Or we didnt do enough in free agency to improve our OL imo.

Nothing against Hill he could become a starter for years to come.  I dont expect it this year though. or he wouldnt have been available round 6
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 05:28 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If a late round(day 3) OL takes over a starting spot Year 1 and not cause of injury  either

We struck gold nobody saw.  Or we didnt do enough in free agency to improve our OL imo.

Nothing against Hill he could become a starter for years to come.  I dont expect it this year though. or he wouldnt have been available round 6

You never know Xeno. Hill is pretty battle tested and I didn't expect him to fall as far as he did. Hard Center to move unlike 
Price who just hasn't lived up to any of my expectations. I just want the best players to start, so be it if it is Trey Hill at C.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 04:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I rarely disagree with you Nicomo but I do here, doesn't necessarily mean things have gone terribly wrong if Trey Hill plays this

Took the words out of my mouth. If Hill plays its because he is better than who we've had on our roster a few years now. I trust Pollack's judgment on players way more than I did Turner. 

Definitely just want the best players to start no matter how many years they have been in the NFL. 
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 08:11 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Took the words out of my mouth. If Hill plays its because he is better than who we've had on our roster a few years now. I trust Pollack's judgment on players way more than I did Turner. 

Definitely just want the best players to start no matter how many years they have been in the NFL. 

I liked the Hill pick too, and have been looking at ways he might make the roster. If he were to be put on the practice squad, I would hate to see him get snagged by another team and produce for another organization.
Reply/Quote
Man, you guys make it sound like there's some possibility this team might actually do things right for once. I'm always going to root for every player to have a great season no matter how lowly they may seem compared to others. Even the bench warmers i hope everything suddenly works out and they get to shine.
It's tough counting on the top few picks actually starting much less those picked in the later rounds. There's a possibility all the picks end up starting at some point. I don't know this team has ever had that happen..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 08:55 AM)IwillieFANderson Wrote: This guy might be a sleeper, no one is really talking.
Trey Hill's weaknesses entering the draft per NFL.com/prospects
  • Knee bend works against him as a blocker.
  • Ends up upright and on his tip-toes at times as drive blocker.
  • Below-average getting power players steered out of gaps.
  • Hand placement is a lingering concern as a run and pass blocker.
  • Anchor impacted by poor pad level and use of outside hands.
  • Absorbs and catches rush rather than firing his hands.
  • Desired body control is missing.
  • Meniscus tears in both knees that required surgery in December.

I am guessing you read the Stripe Hype article about him? The guy hasn't been asked to block much from a 3-point stance. And that is what Taylor has asked TEs to do so far.  So why would you go Wells > Tate for a big body lined up outside?  The guy will be lucky to land on the practice squad.

per NFL.com/prospects
  • Just 32 career catches and no seasons with more than 200 yards receiving.
  • Poor pad level and hand usage as blocker.
  • Second-level radar is spotty when blocking on the move.
  • Needs a more proactive approach as a blocker.
  • Shows some delay getting out of stance and into route.
  • Route-running is rounded and basic.
  • Lethargic feet will limit his yards after catch underneath.
(Basketball does not a great NFL player make...)

(06-02-2021, 11:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Pro Wells making it would definitely be a surprise.
I am heavily expecting the TEs to be Uzomah, Sample, and Moss barring an injury.

I expect this.... Moss is Randy's son, and probably has a lot more polish than most being that he had a NFL father helping him since childhood.  And Moss and Wells are basically the same body type (Wells is listed as 1 inch taller, similar body weight) and.... Moss had 47 receptions for 570 yards in his last collegiate year, much more production than Wells, including 2 TDs in the National Championship game (i.e. against high caliber opponents). Add that Burrow threw the ball and .... it seems like it is Moss's to lose.
Reply/Quote
Bengals absolutely stole him. Completely worth ignoring medical red flags when it comes to 6th round picks.

Not sure if he'll ever become a starter, let alone a good starter, but I sure like the idea of finding out for a mere 6th rounder.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 09:13 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Wasn’t impressed with this Trey Hill pick at all.Hope he works out.But,,,as was mentioned earlier,if he ends up starting at some point,then things have unfortunately hit rock bottom.

In other words, a typical Taylor season. Chances are better than 50/50 that he gets in there.

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2021, 05:16 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Trey Hill's weaknesses entering the draft per NFL.com/prospects

• Knee bend works against him as a blocker.
  • Ends up upright and on his tip-toes at times as drive blocker.
  • Below-average getting power players steered out of gaps.
  • Hand placement is a lingering concern as a run and pass blocker.
  • Anchor impacted by poor pad level and use of outside hands.
  • Absorbs and catches rush rather than firing his hands.
  • Desired body control is missing.
  • Meniscus tears in both knees that required surgery in December

And his strengths from that same scouting report:
  • Has experience at center and guard.
  • Uses mass and girth to his advantage at point of attack.
  • Adequate snap-to-step quickness as lateral blocker.
  • Powerful flipper able to stuff and tee up block for his guard on combos.
  • Generally under control working up to Mike linebackers.
  • Adequate athleticism for a big man getting into space.
  • Sees rush games and makes proper adjustments.
  • Gains depth and changes levels to protect against twists.

Reply/Quote