Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turn the offense over to Hue
Not a big Hue fan, per se.  Something about him rubs me the wrong way.  But he is miles better that our boy Bill, who lacks the adapt gene, which is why our offense is headed south in a hurry.

I guarantee you Hue would find better ways to use what he has.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 08:38 PM)McC Wrote: Not a big Hue fan, per se.  Something about him rubs me the wrong way.  But he is miles better that our boy Bill, who lacks the adapt gene, which is why our offense is headed south in a hurry.

I guarantee you Hue would find better ways to use what he has.

Based on what he did in 2014 with all of the injuries, I gotta say you may be right.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Agree,

I'm no Hue fan either but Lazor is just Brat 2.0 ! No innovation at all "go line up and play boys" "let me know how it turns out" ?

I'm done with him
Reply/Quote
Its still Zampeses fault!
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 08:45 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree,

I'm no Hue fan either but Lazor is just Brat 2.0 ! No innovation at all "go line up and play boys" "let me know how it turns out"  ?

I'm done with him
You watch KC play and see you a million ways they get guys wide open and it's a beauty to behold.  Then you watch the Bengals and it's like seeing POP Warner by comparison.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 08:45 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree,

I'm no Hue fan either but Lazor is just Brat 2.0 ! No innovation at all "go line up and play boys" "let me know how it turns out"  ?

I'm done with him

I sure don't want Hue as HC, but he's a pretty good OC. I'm in the minority here right now, but I like Lazor as well. 

He is the main reason we finally got rid of that leach, Piano Paul. I liked how he was using multiple TE sets a lot....but that got shot all too shit. It's a Catch 22....he can't help that a focus of his scheme has been literally decimated by injury. However, he can, and should adapt and overcome that problem. It hasn't seemed like he's been able to do that. Having AJ Green out on top of that isn't helping him out any either. I'd also argue that he needs to be more creative with Ross. However, do we know that Ross is worth a shit at route running? He hasn't shown it.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 08:51 PM)McC Wrote: You watch KC play and see you a million ways they get guys wide open and it's a beauty to behold.  Then you watch the Bengals and it's like seeing POP Warner by comparison.

Same old plays, same old routes, very little motion, very little misdirection, just run the same crap over and over and over and over.

"One more time guys I know we'll eventually gain some yards""
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 08:51 PM)McC Wrote: You watch KC play and see you a million ways they get guys wide open and it's a beauty to behold.  Then you watch the Bengals and it's like seeing POP Warner by comparison.

Yeah.... that's a good observation too. Having said that, is it out of the realm of possibility to say that no one left except Boyd and Green is worth a shit?

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 08:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah.... that's a good observation too. Having said that, is it out of the realm of possibility to say that no one left except Boyd and Green is worth a shit?

I'm sure you've done some coaching.  There will come moments in coaching where your guys are getting roughed up and what they're trying ain't working.  They look at you with that look--come on, Coach, give us something that will work.  That is as big a part of coaching as teaching.  That's where you really earn your keep.  It's that way in any profession, if you're the boss.  You are the guy who has to have the answers. Marvin has no answers.   This is a place called finished.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 08:54 PM)Wyche Wrote: I sure don't want Hue as HC, but he's a pretty good OC. I'm in the minority here right now, but I like Lazor as well. 

He is the main reason we finally got rid of that leach, Piano Paul. I liked how he was using multiple TE sets a lot....but that got shot all too shit. It's a Catch 22....he can't help that a focus of his scheme has been literally decimated by injury. However, he can, and should adapt and overcome that problem. It hasn't seemed like he's been able to do that. Having AJ Green out on top of that isn't helping him out any either. I'd also argue that he needs to be more creative with Ross. However, do we know that Ross is worth a shit at route running? He hasn't shown it.

I hear ya Wyche but for #$%@ sake ...... try something different, anything. It sure seems like we just ran the same 10 plays over and over and it was like either out execute them or fail.

And I also wonder how much Merv intervene's ? "no we can't get to crazy, to risky"
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 08:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah.... that's a good observation too. Having said that, is it out of the realm of possibility to say that no one left except Boyd and Green is worth a shit?

From the beating a dead horse perspective, I still reserve criticism of our WR and RB groups until we get an offensive line that is at least competent, and coaching to accentuate the player's strengths. One that gives our QB more than 2 seconds consistently to get rid of the ball. Until we see average run blocking and pass protection, I'm not sure we will ever be able to accurately critique the rest of the offense.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 08:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Its still Zampeses fault!

Zampese was the worst OC that I ever seen. That's probably why people thought Lazor was such a good coordinator. If you go to the worst to below average you'll think it's a lot better than what it is.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 09:03 PM)McC Wrote: I'm sure you've done some coaching.  There will come moments in coaching where your guys are getting roughed up and what they're trying ain't working.  They look at you with that look--come on, Coach, give us something that will work.  That is as big a part of coaching as teaching.  That's where you really earn your keep.  It's that way in any profession, if you're the boss.  You are the guy who has to have the answers. Marvin has no answers.   This is a place called finished.

You never, ever, ever don't have an answer as a leader. Even if you don't have an answer pretend you do and try something else.

We beat our head against the wall.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 09:05 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Zampese was the worst OC that I ever seen. That's probably why people thought Lazor was such a good coordinator. If you go to the worst to below average you'll think it's a lot better than what it is.

The better by comparison phenomenon was definitely at play.

Reply/Quote
I bet a million dollars thats what they will sell the fans on in the offseason. Firing lazor and rehiring hue and saying we are getting back to the 2015 offense. I know how they are already. Vance joseph at dc probably. And dumb ass merv back at hc with a 3 year extention.
Reply/Quote
I must say, I haven't been all that impressed with coach Lazor on the whole. There have been some very nice performances under his direction but also some definite inconsistency.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 08:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Same old plays, same old routes, very little motion, very little misdirection, just run the same crap over and over and over and over.

"One more time guys I know we'll eventually gain some yards""

Exactly,he needs to go. I think hue would be a upgrade over him but hue went away from jeremy hills strength and still ran gio up the middle. Hes got his flaws trying to be too cute also.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 09:09 PM)Lucidus Wrote: I must say, I haven't been all that impressed with coach Lazor on the whole. There have been some very nice performances under his direction but also some definite inconsistency.

He is saddled with a bad OLine.  But he has not shown nearly enough ability to turn lemons into lemonade.  Or he has shown some but is now maxed out.

Reply/Quote

Well now, let's not go comparing a Marvin Lewis coached team to an Andy Reid coached team.  That just seems sort of, unfair..   LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 09:03 PM)McC Wrote: I'm sure you've done some coaching.  There will come moments in coaching where your guys are getting roughed up and what they're trying ain't working.  They look at you with that look--come on, Coach, give us something that will work.  That is as big a part of coaching as teaching.  That's where you really earn your keep.  It's that way in any profession, if you're the boss.  You are the guy who has to have the answers. Marvin has no answers.   This is a place called finished.

Very true McC....very true. I certainly don't think Marvin has any answers, and I'm not certain on Lazor one way or the other at this point. Like I said to '74, his offense was predicated on the multiple TE set. I think I read that in one of our early games....maybe the 1st Baltimore game....Eifert had 2 catches, Kroft had 2, and Uzomah 3. That's a SHIT TON of production that is now put all on CJ Uzomah, essentially. I will agree that he needs to adapt, but that's rough to lose two of those cats at the same time.

I coached a little bit....and have been a manager for several years....I understand fully where you are coming from. It's time to adapt and overcome. Certainly part of that is on him.

(11-20-2018, 09:03 PM)bsomealfan74 Wrote: I hear ya Wyche but for #$%@ sake ...... try something different, anything. It sure seems like we just ran the same 10 plays over and over and it was like either out execute them or fail.

And I also wonder how much Merv intervene's ? "no we can't get to crazy, to risky"

Yeah....gotta mix it up here. Still yet....how much is poor execution, how much is poor calling, and how much is Merv? How much is Lazor?

(11-20-2018, 09:04 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: From the beating a dead horse perspective, I still reserve criticism of our WR and RB groups until we get an offensive line that is at least competent, and coaching to accentuate the player's strengths. One that gives our QB more than 2 seconds consistently to get rid of the ball. Until we see average run blocking and pass protection, I'm not sure we will ever be able to accurately critique the rest of the offense.

That is certainly a fair point wildcats. They are still pretty damn underwhelming up there.

Reply/Quote