Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 1 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Jets***
Cincinnati Bengals   vs.   New York Jets
Sunday, September 11th, 1:00 PM on CBS
MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey
Announce Crew: Jim Nantz, Phil Simms, Tracy Wolfson
[Image: 5dRowkI.jpg]

Finally...the regular season is here!! I'll add videos and news during the week leading up to the game.  Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 03:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:
Cincinnati Bengals   vs.   New York Jets
Sunday, September 11th, 1:00 OM on CBS
MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey
Announce Crew: Jim Nantz, Phil Simms, Tracy Wolfson
[Image: 5dRowkI.jpg]

Finally...the regular season is here!! I'll add videos and news during the week leading up to the game.  Who Dey

I was gonna say something negative about posting this more than a week early, but i have something else to complain about.

F Jim Nantz and especially F Phil Simms
Reply/Quote
Jets are much improved from last year and always give the Bengals a tough game. However, I believe the Bengals pull this one out in a close game.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
IT STILL SAYS 1"O"M, INSTEAD OF 1"P"M!!!1111111!!!!!!1!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Per Jim O: Kroft, Fisher and Dennard all participating in team drills at Bengals practice.

Also, Ogbuehi says he'll be ready to go this Sunday.
Reply/Quote
Dennard isn't playing. So much for that.
Reply/Quote
It's the fifteenth anniversary of the 9-11 attacks and the Bengals are playing in New York* so we know the Jets fans in attendance will be particularly emotional about this game. That's as it should be as New York was affected more than any other part of the nation on that tragic morning. On this issue we stand with Gang Green in remembrance.

Now on to the game: Jim Nantz and Phil Simms are the announcers which means the Bengals-Jets matchup is CBS' premier game of the 1:00 PM time slot. This is also as it should be because both the Bengals (12-4) and the Jets (10-6) are coming off successful 2015 seasons. I'm no fan of either Nantz or Simms but it could be worse: It could be Dan Fouts up there! No matter who is in the broadcast booth we know they will favor the Jets and even though the Bengals will win this game easily, all we're going to hear is "lost in the playoffs" this and "Vontaze Burfict" that so try to ignore it and watch Cincinnati win.

*New Jersey actually.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:48 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It's the fifteenth anniversary of the 9-11 attacks and the Bengals are playing in New York* so we know the Jets fans in attendance will be particularly emotional about this game.  That's as it should be as New York was affected more than any other part of the nation on that tragic morning.  On this issue we stand with Gang Green in remembrance.

Now on to the game:  Jim Nantz and Phil Simms are the announcers which means the Bengals-Jets matchup is CBS' premier game of the 1:00 PM time slot.  This is also as it should be because both the Bengals (12-4) and the Jets (10-6) are coming off successful 2015 seasons.  I'm no fan of either Nantz or Simms but it could be worse:  It could be Dan Fouts up there!  No matter who is in the broadcast booth we know they will favor the Jets and even though the Bengals will win this game easily, all we're going to hear is "lost in the playoffs" this and "Vontaze Burfict" that so try to ignore it and watch Cincinnati win.

*New Jersey actually.  

Rip to everyone that died and all, but im trying to leave new york devastated 
Reply/Quote
This is a perfect game to start the year with "The Bengals are the new Villains of the NFL" narrative. We'll see I guess.
Reply/Quote
Gonna hear that crap every game all year long. I say take it and run with it.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 12:12 PM)treee Wrote: This is a perfect game to start the year with "The Bengals are the new Villains of the NFL" narrative. We'll see I guess.

+1.  I like it.  We might as well embrace this villain image and start cracking heads on the field* because fear is a huge intimidating weapon in the NFL.  I do like the nasty, physical image both Paul Guenther and Mike Zimmer before him have instilled in the Cincinnati defense.  Think of the intimidating presence the Seattle "Legion of Boom" defense had and the intimidating presence the Steelers' defense used to have; the Bengals could have this reputation too albeit with far more defensive talent than either Seattle or Pittsburgh.  

Defense still wins championships.

*No stupid personal fouls, please.
Reply/Quote
Ok, where can I stream it since I'm in Columbus?
Reply/Quote
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash">#Bengals</a> inactives. DeShawn Williams the biggest surprise. <a href="https://t.co/8FdaAHhY91">pic.twitter.com/8FdaAHhY91</a></p>&mdash; Paul Dehner Jr. (@pauldehnerjr) <a href="https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/774993649771880448">September 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 11:41 AM)Gohards Wrote: Rip to everyone that died and all, but im trying to leave new york devastated 

Yup, giving them a different reason to be sad will help them forget about the first reason to be sad.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 12:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash">#Bengals</a> inactives. DeShawn Williams the biggest surprise. <a href="https://t.co/8FdaAHhY91">pic.twitter.com/8FdaAHhY91</a></p>&mdash; Paul Dehner Jr. (@pauldehnerjr) <a href="https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/774993649771880448">September 11, 2016</a></blockquote>

I disagree there, Core is the biggest surprise to me...
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 12:31 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: Ok, where can I stream it since I'm in Columbus?

Try this one.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Uzomah gets the start over Kroft.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 12:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Looks like Uzomah gets the start over Kroft.

Probably for the best, as Kroft probably has some rust.  Work him in slowly...
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 12:44 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Probably for the best, as Kroft probably has some rust.  Work him in slowly...

Yep, no sense in rushing it. Ease him back into things.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 12:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Try this one.

Thanks, good sir!
Reply/Quote