Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
***Week 1 GameDay Thread - Chargers @ Bengals***
Los Angeles Chargers (0-0)   vs   Cincinnati Bengals (0-0)
Sunday, September 13th, 2020 at 4:05 PM on CBS
Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, Ohio
Announce Crew: Kevin Harlan, Trent Green, Melanie Collins
Referee: Clay Martin
Streaming Link: Click Here
Radio: WLW (700) - ESPN (1530) - WEBN (102.7)

[Image: Qt9JuZI.png]

Reply/Quote
Going to go ahead and put the first game day thread up. A lot of excitement surrounding this year's team and I think everyone is anxious to see what they'll look like on Sunday. I'm as stoked as I've been in awhile for the start of a season. 
Reply/Quote
Aw, Rich isn't with Harlan anymore? Sad

At least we have Harlan; we've been privileged to get him to commentate so many games over the past 2 years, but almost all of them have been losses (none of them last year).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 04:27 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Aw, Rich isn't with Harlan anymore? Sad

At least we have Harlan; we've been privileged to get him to commentate so many games over the past 2 years, but almost all of them have been losses (none of them last year).

Seems they switched things up...Green now with Harlan, and Gannon's with Gumbel.
Reply/Quote
My name is Fleet. Own pretty much the only Charger forum out there. Anyways i just wanted to extend an olive branch and wish you guys a great game this Sunday. Cheers to all you Bengal fans.

Looking forward to a hard fought matchup. Good luck and good luck the rest of the way. Im a huge Burrow fan.

Cheers to a game with little to no injuries.

Aloha
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 08:26 PM)Thepowderblues.com Wrote: My name is Fleet. Own pretty much the only Charger forum out there. Anyways i just wanted to extend an olive branch and wish you guys a great game this Sunday. Cheers to all you Bengal fans.

Looking forward to a hard fought matchup. Good luck and good luck the rest of the way. Im a huge Burrow fan.

Aloha

Welcome Fleet!

Sunday will be a good test for both teams. I expect an entertaining game for sure.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 08:26 PM)Thepowderblues.com Wrote: My name is Fleet. Own pretty much the only Charger forum out there. Anyways i just wanted to extend an olive branch and wish you guys a great game this Sunday. Cheers to all you Bengal fans.

Aloha

There will be a lot of eyes on this game for Burrow alone. The Bengals, depending on Burrows 1/2 season performance, will be the spotlight of many - especially the naysayers. Going to be an exciting year. I would wish you good luck, but until tomorrows game is over, your my enemy.  Cool

Damnit, I need to be better than that. Good luck. Joe

Reply/Quote

Aloha

You must be Navy with a user name like “Fleet.”

The Chargers are 21-15-0 lifetime against Cincinnati but in the Marvin Lewis era the record favored the Bengals 5-4-0. Tomorrow’s game should be very tight from opening kickoff to the final second.
Reply/Quote
They would be stupid not to play 2 deep the entire game. I think Boyd and Tate are gonna feast in the middle of the field and Mixon is gonna be over 100 yards and above 4 yards per carry.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 05:00 PM)treee Wrote: They would be stupid not to play 2 deep the entire game. I think Boyd and Tate are gonna feast in the middle of the field and Mixon is gonna be over 100 yards and above 4 yards per carry.

You really think Mixon can go over 100? Hmmm... I'm a little skeptical and was thinking more like 80. Not because he's not talented, but I still heavily question this line. Even if he runs to Williams side, they will start defending that.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 05:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You really think Mixon can go over 100? Hmmm... I'm a little skeptical and was thinking more like 80. Not because he's not talented, but I still heavily question this line. Even if he runs to Williams side, they will start defending that.

I'm thinking that we're gonna burn SD deep early in the game and that is gonna give Mixon some room to work with in the box.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 05:33 PM)treee Wrote:  gonna give Mixon some room to work with in the box.

I'll take, "Something Oprah might say" for $800 Alex.

Reply/Quote

Aloha

Fleet you had me until you said Aloha reminding us San Diego has other than Hawaii the nicest climate and surroundings in the country.

I agree on the injury front, I never want a see a guy get hurt.

GL other than today to your chargers.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I want to see clean football, take care of the ball, block and tackle well this season and today. I am excited to see Burrow play in a Bengal's uniform. My keys to the game are the OL, did we improve to move people in the run game and keep our QB upright. Then on defense, are we the 32nd ranked bunch they were at points in 2018 and 2019, or a defense that is revamped and vastly improved?

Fun day, I have been looking forward to it for months, got up and put on my white AJ Green jersey for first time. I had no reason to wear it in 2019 sadly.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Just 6 hours to go before the next Bengals era begins!
Reply/Quote
Who Dey! Bring us a win Burrow and squad.
Reply/Quote
Everybody is good to go from after yesterday's COVID tests

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Ugh thought I’d be good in Columbus week one since we play the late game. Only get the browns early game. I hate this garbage. Now I get to try to find a stream on a crappy old laptop that I don’t care if it gets a virus.
Reply/Quote
Who Dey.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 12:31 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Ugh thought I’d be good in Columbus week one since we play the late game. Only get the browns early game. I hate this garbage. Now I get to try to find a stream on a crappy old laptop that I don’t care if it gets a virus.

It is crap on how limited the NFL makes viewing the games. If you don't have Sunday ticket, "screw you". Want to catch a free quality stream from Reddit, "screw you", we got that shut down, go buy Sunday Ticket. Want us to put more games on the networks and elsewhere on Sundays, "screw you, go buy the Ticket".

Whats really sad about this is that I can watch about as many different Premier League soccer games from the U.K. via how NBC carries them on tv over here, than I can for NFL. And even more on some weekends.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote