Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Falcons***
Cincinnati Bengals (2-1)   vs   Atlanta Falcons (1-2)
September 30th, 2018 at 1:00 PM on CBS
Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia
Announce Crew: Greg Gumbel, Trent Green, Bruce Arians
Referee: Shawn Smith
Radio: WLW (700) - ESPN (1530) - WEBN (102.7)

[Image: 21391664-21391664.jpg?crop=1xw:1.0000000...size=900:*]

Reply/Quote
Not expecting to see a ton of good defense for either side, but I certainly hope ours is more stout...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is a good measuring stick game for Jessie Bates, let's see what he can do!
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 11:45 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: This is a good measuring stick game for Jessie Bates, let's see what he can do!

Kind of agree, but I think he's played great throughout the season. Dave Lapham mentioned that Jessie was one of only two guys on defense he gave a positive grade to vs Carolina.

I see what you're saying though, because he definitely will get some chances today. Has to hold that field down!
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 11:57 AM)thillan Wrote: Kind of agree, but I think he's played great throughout the season. Dave Lapham mentioned that Jessie was one of only two guys on defense he gave a positive grade to vs Carolina.

I see what you're saying though, because he definitely will get some chances today. Has to hold that field down!

On defense in general, or in the secondary?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 12:18 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: On defense in general, or in the secondary?

I believe he mentioned the entire defense.. which makes sense, since they didn’t play well lol. Think the other one might’ve been Geno or Dunlap
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 11:34 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Not expecting to see a ton of good defense for either side, but I certainly hope ours is more stout...

(09-30-2018, 11:45 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: This is a good measuring stick game for Jessie Bates, let's see what he can do!

Agreed on both

The Falcons are gonna score some points we just have to hope our D can play a little better. I'm hoping our pass rush finally shows up.
Reply/Quote
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bengals</a> inactives: <br><br>WR Auden Tate<br>RB Thomas Rawls<br>RB Joe Mixon (knee)<br>C Billy Price (foot)<br>OL Cedric Ogbuehi<br>TE Mason Schreck<br>DT Adolphus Washington<br><br>Only two RBs for second straight week, all LBs up today. First time Schreck has been down this year.</p>&mdash; Paul Dehner Jr. (@pauldehnerjr) <a href="https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/1046421920344952835?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 30, 2018</a></blockquote>

Rawls inactive again...easy to assume he is the cut when Burfict returns

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Falcons?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Falcons</a> inactives today: <br><br>RB Devonta Freeman<br>CB Justin Bethel<br>S Sharrod Neasman<br>G Zac Kerin <br>T Matt Gono <br>DE Derrick Shelby <br>DT Justin Zimmer <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CINvsATL?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#CINvsATL</a></p>&mdash; Marisa Contipelli (@BengalsMarisa) <a href="https://twitter.com/BengalsMarisa/status/1046422894908239873?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 30, 2018</a></blockquote>

Reply/Quote
Damn, no Mixon or Price again today.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 12:55 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Damn, no Mixon or Price again today.

Price was never even a possibility for this week.  When he was put into the boot, he said it as for 24/7 for 2 weeks.  Hopefully, it will come off early this week and he will be cleared to rehab.  I suspect the best case scenario for him is returning week 6 against the Steelers.

Mixon should be back next week.  Hobson said he was warming up with the team and looked good.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 11:34 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Not expecting to see a ton of good defense for either side, but I certainly hope ours is more stout...

Our secondary can hold up well if we're defending the run decently. Hopefully getting Brown back will help a lot.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 01:09 PM)treee Wrote: Our secondary can hold up well if we're defending the run decently. Hopefully getting Brown back will help a lot.

It's not an issue with the secondary in my mind, as I think Jackson, Kirk, and Dennard can line up with Jones, Sanu, and Ridley respectively.  The problem to me will be that Matt Ryan can accurately put the ball in a place that only the receiver can come down with it, regardless of the coverage...
Reply/Quote
WHO DEY!!!!!!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 01:21 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: It's not an issue with the secondary in my mind, as I think Jackson, Kirk, and Dennard can line up with Jones, Sanu, and Ridley respectively.  The problem to me will be that Matt Ryan can accurately put the ball in a place that only the receiver can come down with it, regardless of the coverage...

Ryan typically doesn't turn it over, but we need to change that today. 
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 01:27 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  Ryan typically doesn't turn it over, but we need to change that
Hopefully the boys on the front line have been working on the ol' karate chop!
Reply/Quote
Noteworthy that both of our recent signings inactive. Also Price (as usual) and Mixon. So far we’ve had one game all season where we actually got to see our starters on the field.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 01:43 PM)Joelist Wrote: Noteworthy that both of our recent signings inactive. Also Price (as usual) and Mixon. So far we’ve had one game all season where we actually got to see our starters on the field.

Anxious for that to change. 
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 01:43 PM)Joelist Wrote: Noteworthy that both of our recent signings inactive. Also Price (as usual) and Mixon. So far we’ve had one game all season where we actually got to see our starters on the field.

Price (as usual)?  he's been inactive the same number of games as Mixon

Rawls was signed to be a body.  He's likely to be released next week when we activate Burfict.
Washington came to the team too late to learn the playbook...no real surprise that he is inactive this week.  Then he has to earn his way to the active roster

Reply/Quote
Good game everyone !

We usually do good against birds !

#Who Dey

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote