Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Buccaneers @ Bengals***
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-3)   vs   Cincinnati Bengals (4-3)
October 28th, 2018 at 1:00 PM on FOX
Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, Ohio
Announce Crew: Chris Myers, Daryl Johnston, Laura Okmin
Referee: Alex Kemp
Radio: WLW (700) - ESPN (1530) - WEBN (102.7)

[Image: 2000.jpeg]

Reply/Quote
Just saw a clip on ESPN about Seattle and Detroit. Both had terrible starts to the season, 0-2, both decided the way to dig themselves out of the hole was to pound the rock. Since week 3, they are first and second in the league in rushing. I want to see the Bengals do that. A strong commitment to the running game would right the ship.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 10:48 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Just saw a clip on ESPN about Seattle and Detroit. Both had terrible starts to the season, 0-2, both decided the way to dig themselves out of the hole was to pound the rock. Since week 3, they are first and second in the league in rushing. I want to see the Bengals do that. A strong commitment to the running game would right the ship.

Today would be the day to do it. However, can’t over commit to it. If it ain’t working, change it up.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I read a short time ago that Desean Jackson has requested a trade. Hopefully that means his head won't be in the game and we can focus our efforts on shutting down Evans...
Reply/Quote
Defense better pay attention to Howard. Winston loves his TE's and we know our history in covering TE's.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 11:49 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: I read a short time ago that Desean Jackson has requested a trade.  Hopefully that means his head won't be in the game and we can focus our efforts on shutting down Evans...

Well there you go. Trade Core for Jackson and make Core into a bonified star and Jackson into yet another has been.  The Bengals Way baby!
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'm still up in the air as to whether I want to listen to the game and be sadly disappointed or not listen and be sadly disappointed.  It's a nice day here so fishing is still an option. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Inactives:

Buccaneers: DT Gerald McCoy, DE Vinny Curry, G Alex Cappa, QB Ryan Griffin, DE Demone Harris, OL Michael Liedtke, RB Shaun Wilson

Bengals: RB Giovani Bernard, LB Vontaze Burfict, TE Tyler Kroft, CB Darqueze Dennard, WR John Ross, LB Nick Vigil
Reply/Quote
McCoy being inactive helps a little.
Reply/Quote
Price is active?
Reply/Quote
All of our inactives would be starting, or at least on the field a lot in sub packages (Gio, Dennard), if not for injury. Beginning of season it was all backups and rookies.  Gaah
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 12:46 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Price is active?

Yes.

I said it the other day.  I expect him to be active, but as a reserve player instead of a starter.
Reply/Quote
Team and Twitter reporting Price is inactive.
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati Bengals
‏Verified account @Bengals
27m27 minutes ago

#Bengals Inactives 10/28 #TBvsCIN:

WR J. Ross
CB D. Dennard
HB G. Bernard
C B. Price
LB V. Burfict
LB N. Vigil
TE T. Kroft

Marisa Contipelli
‏ @BengalsMarisa
30m30 minutes ago

#Buccaneers inactives today vs the #Bengals:

G Alex Cappa
DE Vinny Curry
QB Ryan Griffin
DE Demone Harris
OL Michael Liedtke
DT Gerald McCoy
RB Shaun Wilson
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
About time United benched Lukaku. He hasnt scored or done much in quite a few games now.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Well we get to see if we can beat Tampa Bay with our second string today.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 01:00 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Team and Twitter reporting Price is inactive.

Wow, I didn't even notice that PFT only listed 6 players for us!

Guess my thought that he would be a reserve was wrong...
Reply/Quote
Thought Price was gonna play?
Reply/Quote
Win or lose, at least we get a good analyst for the game.

Moose does a good job and doesn't slobber all over the NFC team in inter conference games.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 12:30 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Defense better pay attention to Howard. Winston loves his TE's and we know our history in covering TE's.

Aint this the truth. Good God, since Marvin has been here, that has always been a problem. Not sure how much of that is actually Mervs fault, but if we see it, why can't he? Or maybe he does but just hasnt figured out a way to close the middle.

Reply/Quote