Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Scott Sterling UDFA Award
(05-15-2021, 03:55 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Didn't he spend an off-season pimping Armon Binns?? I feel like that started with Hobs, and then spilled into the board heavily.

He was an All-Pro before preseason began... then... well we all saw what he really was.

and people argue dalton was surrounded by talent lol
Reply/Quote
I've already forgotten the name of the UDFA WR who started Taylor's first game.
Reply/Quote
Pro Wells
Reply/Quote
Drue Chrisman.
I mean he'll ride the bench this year, but if it goes the way it should, hopefully we have our huber replacement for the next ten years
Reply/Quote
They'll re-sign Dane Sanzenbacher and it'll be him...again. At damn near 40 lol
Reply/Quote
From the stand-point of a guy most likely to make the team and get some headlines, seems that the TE group would be the place that would be easiest to get on the roster.

So Moss was suggested earlier (UDFA from Washington still counts)

or

Pro Wells the TE from this year out of TCU.

Moss has to be the early front runner just due to his connection to Burrow alone.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 12:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Pro Wells

I like this call. I ultimately expect him to be placed on the practice squad , but they all are like lottery tickets , and I like him as a developmental project. Pooka appears to be the one who could conceivably contribute in some capacity early on. Also, the corner that I’m too lazy to look up at the moment.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 12:56 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: From the stand-point of a guy most likely to make the team and get some headlines, seems that the TE group would be the place that would be easiest to get on the roster.

So Moss was suggested earlier (UDFA from Washington still counts)

or

Pro Wells the TE from this year out of TCU.

Moss has to be the early front runner just due to his connection to Burrow alone.

Or O'Grady could surprise you never know. I do like these UDFA TE's we brought in.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 01:05 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: I like this call.  I ultimately expect him to be placed on the practice squad  , but they all are like lottery tickets , and I like him as a developmental project.   Pooka appears  to be the one who could conceivably contribute in some capacity early on.   Also, the corner that I’m too lazy to look up at the moment.

Ball State CB Antonio Phillips 

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 01:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Or O'Grady could surprise you never know. I do like these UDFA TE's we brought in.

He was one of two signed after a tryout correct? Along with the Syracuse QB.

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 01:18 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Ball State CB Antonio Phillips 

A gentleman and a scholar  WinkThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Any UDFA award should be called the "Vontez Burfict Award".

I never expect much from any UDFA but we have gotten some good players that way. Kyle Cook, Alex Erickson, Vincent Rey, Kevin Kaesviharn.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 02:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Any UDFA award should be called the "Vontez Burfict Award".

I never expect much from any UDFA but we have gotten some good players that way. Kyle Cook, Alex Erickson, Vincent Rey, Kevin Kaesviharn.

We have gotten production out of several UDFA's but I was thinking more of the guys that we see hyped so much each season that don't pan out at all. Like Binns or Damion Willis for example. 

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 01:20 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: He was one of two signed after a tryout correct? Along with the Syracuse QB.

Correct. Big, strong TE that likes to run people over. Hard to bring down. Has off field issues though.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 05:04 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: We have gotten production out of several UDFA's but I was thinking more of the guys that we see hyped so much each season that don't pan out at all. Like Binns or Damion Willis for example. 

Murdock obsessing over the failures.

What a surprise.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 01:08 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Murdock obsessing over the failures.

What a surprise.

Sigh....

Fred missing the point... what a surprise...

See Freddy, this thread is one of those in jest threads. See the videos in the first post? It's to have a little fun about all the hype that will be given to some UDFA that won't live up to it. 

Try understanding the point before you spew your hate and criticism. 

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 01:49 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Sigh....

Fred missing the point... what a surprise...

See Freddy, this thread is one of those in jest threads. See the videos in the first post? It's to have a little fun about all the hype that will be given to some UDFA that won't live up to it. 

Try understanding the point before you spew your hate and criticism. 

I did not miss anything.  I completely understand the point.

Concentrate only on the failures and make fun of anyone who says something positive abut an UDFA.
Reply/Quote
If Tyler Eifert was an UDFA we could have named this the Tyler Eifert award. Wait, did I just lower the level of discourse? Oh, dear me...
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 02:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Concentrate only on the failures and make fun of anyone who says something positive abut an UDFA.

I didn't see him make fun of anyone on here. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 10:30 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I didn't see him make fun of anyone on here. Mellow

Of course you didn't. 
Reply/Quote