Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jay Hayes leaving for Tampa - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Jay Hayes leaving for Tampa (/thread-4766.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Jay Hayes leaving for Tampa - Yojimbo - 01-15-2016

Going to need a new D-line coach to go with a new QB coach.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2016/1/15/10777052/buccaneers-hiring-jay-hayes-and-mark-duffner-to-replace-hardy

RE: Jay Hayes leaving for Tampa - Beaker - 01-15-2016

Assistant coaches bailing at an alarming rate because they are now fully aware of the futility of their situation as ML stays at the helm.

RE: Jay Hayes leaving for Tampa - gobobro - 01-15-2016

Wow. Not just a break up of the Hayes brothers, but a break up in which Jay took a lateral move...

RE: Jay Hayes leaving for Tampa - BonnieBengal - 01-15-2016

Our coaches are bailing! Except Paul Alexander, of course.

RE: Jay Hayes leaving for Tampa - wildcats forever - 01-15-2016

Didn't see that coming, given his tenure here, success, and the talent he has to work with for the next few years. And for a lateral move!

Trying not to read too much into this, but it raises a question of 'why'.

RE: Jay Hayes leaving for Tampa - WeezyBengal - 01-15-2016

Coaches bailing is one thing, coaches bailing without getting a promotion is another thing.

Should us fans be worried? Are things really that bad with leadership/the organization that coaches are making lateral moves to other teams?

RE: Jay Hayes leaving for Tampa - Bengal Dude - 01-15-2016

Shocking to see Hayes leave considering his long time friendship with Marvin.

I haven't heard anymore about Coyle coming here.

RE: Jay Hayes leaving for Tampa - Wes Mantooth - 01-15-2016

Good for him. Smart move. Good luck, Jay.

RE: Jay Hayes leaving for Tampa - WeezyBengal - 01-15-2016

(01-15-2016, 06:42 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Shocking to see Hayes leave considering his long time friendship with Marvin.

And his brother is a coach on the team as well. Tight ends coach I believe. 

Maybe the guy just wanted a new challenge.

(01-15-2016, 06:44 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: And his brother is a coach on the team as well. Tight ends coach I believe. 

Maybe the guy just wanted a new challenge.

I've wanted Johnathan Hayes gone for a while. I wonder if he'll follow.

They're interviewing 49ers DB coach to be our DB coach. Tim Lewis.

RE: Jay Hayes leaving for Tampa - BritishBengal - 01-15-2016

Yikes.

RE: Jay Hayes leaving for Tampa - Wes Mantooth - 01-15-2016

(01-15-2016, 06:46 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: They're interviewing 49ers DB coach to be our DB coach.  Tim Lewis.

Werent they dead last in team defense this year? (Sorry, on phone)

RE: Jay Hayes leaving for Tampa - Benton - 01-15-2016

(01-15-2016, 06:42 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Didn't see that coming, given his tenure here, success, and the talent he has to work with for the next few years. And for a lateral move!

Trying not to read too much into this, but it raises a question of 'why'.

Just guessing, but I would say he probably looked at it as a way to get noticed more. 

The last couple decades we've made do with the DL. We don't take many 1-2 round draft picks for it and when we do take somebody, it's usually of the safe variety. We've found some FA and later round help, but if I was hayes, I don't think I would be looking to get a high first round pick on this team.

He might have the feeling in Tampa he can make a decent mark by developing whoever it is they've got/will get.

(01-15-2016, 06:51 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Werent they dead last in team defense this year? (Sorry, on phone)

This was his first/only season with the 49ers. He was with Atlanta before that.

(01-15-2016, 06:51 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Werent they dead last in team defense this year? (Sorry, on phone)

29th.  Apparently Lewis spent a lot of time as a Steelers coach in his career.  

RE: Jay Hayes leaving for Tampa - CageTheBengal - 01-15-2016

(01-15-2016, 06:43 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Good for him. Smart move.  Good luck, Jay.

What's smart about leaving an all but permanent job to take the exact same job elsewhere with less stability?

RE: Jay Hayes leaving for Tampa - McC - 01-15-2016

That'll happen when half your defense retires.

RE: Jay Hayes leaving for Tampa - BritishBengal - 01-15-2016

(01-15-2016, 06:58 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: What's smart about leaving an all but permanent job to take the exact same job elsewhere with less stability?

More sun, less taxes.