Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Finley traded not released - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Finley traded not released (/thread-27050.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Finley traded not released - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 03-19-2021

Finley traded . . . That falls in the category of mind blowing.

RE: Finley traded not released - HarleyDog - 03-19-2021

Did someone accidentally butt dial them? Then just make weird conversation to save face and end up making a trade in the process?

RE: Finley traded not released - pally - 03-19-2021

whatever else we can say about Ryan we can all remember on one memorable Monday night in a rather depressing season he beat the Steelers

(03-19-2021, 02:39 PM)pally Wrote: whatever else we can say about Ryan we can all remember on one memorable Monday night in a rather depressing season he beat the Steelers

Yes. Never forget it.

RE: Finley traded not released - Au165 - 03-19-2021

Turns out it's a "late-round pick swap to move up 30 spots", so potentially our 7th for their 6th which would actually be a decent return for him lol.

RE: Finley traded not released - Schmitbuck - 03-19-2021

Per Rapaport on Twitter.

"This trade is a late-round pick swap that allows the #Bengals to move up about 30 spots at the end of the draft."

RE: Finley traded not released - jj22 - 03-19-2021

Hue working for Houston?

RE: Finley traded not released - schroomytunes - 03-19-2021

I could see this as being a very minor swap of draft picks as Houston doesn't have a 7th rounder. Something that the Patriots did recently. It's still a benefit if it goes down, something like:

Bengals trade: Finley and pick #233(7)

Texans trade: pick #210(6)

-we basically move up like 23 spots in the draft for a guy we were releasing its a good trade IMO. and they don't lose a pick.

(03-19-2021, 02:42 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: I could see this as being a very minor swap of draft picks as Houston doesn't have a 7th rounder. Something that the Patriots did recently. It's still a benefit if it goes down, something like:

-we basically move up like 23 spots in the draft for a guy we were releasing its a good trade IMO. and they don't lose a pick.

It's NFL like.  Cool

RE: Finley traded not released - SunsetBengal - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 02:31 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Seriously, the Texans have the dumbest FO in football. Disaster last year got O'Brien canned, and the new guy is just as bad. I mean, think the Texans would want to rethink turning down #3 (and Tua!?) for Watson about now? Yeesh.

That's great news to read, as it means that the Bengals FO has to have moved up at least one slot.   Mellow

RE: Finley traded not released - impactplaya - 03-19-2021

Wow that Finely to Erickson connection is gonna really light
Up the skies now

Finley traded not released - BenZoo2 - 03-19-2021

Nice work front office. Moving up nearly a full round for a player you were cutting anyway is good business!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Finley traded not released - TheLeonardLeap - 03-19-2021

Man the Texans FO is terrible.

RE: Finley traded not released - GreenCornBengal - 03-19-2021

Perhaps Texans thought “let’s get that backup from cincy that torched us! I forgot his name... What does the Cincinnati depth chart say? Finley, that sounds right!”

RE: Finley traded not released - jason - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 02:28 PM)kalibengal Wrote:  
someone gave us a pick for him! ? ??  LOL

Our genius HC traded up for him... Which is worse?

RE: Finley traded not released - jason - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 02:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hue working for Houston?

The guy's been outta the league for years, went 0-16 one season and still has more wins as HC than the guy who moved up to draft Finley... I'm not sure that joke plays.

RE: Finley traded not released - Shake n Blake - 03-19-2021

I am stunned we got anything of value for Finley. Major win for the FO. Props to them.

RE: Finley traded not released - bfine32 - 03-19-2021

We got more for Finely than we did Dalton.

RE: Finley traded not released - Daddy-O - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 02:42 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: I could see this as being a very minor swap of draft picks as Houston doesn't have a 7th rounder. Something that the Patriots did recently. It's still a benefit if it goes down, something like:

And we thought the Bengals FO was the worst in the league.  Hell is freezing over

RE: Finley traded not released - Stewy - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 02:25 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Texans have any O-lineman we like?

No.  Their line is worse than ours