Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Maema Njongmeta - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Maema Njongmeta (/thread-38866.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Maema Njongmeta - Joelist - 08-25-2024

Njongmeta is a classic MIKE. And if he has the brains for reading the offense he'll be out there and we'll be in more of a 3 LB package.

RE: Maema Njongmeta - casear2727 - 08-25-2024

(08-25-2024, 07:22 PM)Joelist Wrote: Njongmeta is a classic MIKE. And if he has the brains for reading the offense he'll be out there and we'll be in more of a 3 LB package.

Not good in pass coverage, not great at angles, and very slow.  He has an uphill climb to make the roster much less the 4-3 package.

He is fun to watch coming downhill.

RE: Maema Njongmeta - casear2727 - 08-25-2024

(08-25-2024, 07:17 PM)Housh Wrote: Seeing as ADG never really blossomed there i could see Meta taking snaps from him in the 4-3 on 1st and 2nd down

ADG is extremely safe from Meta at this point, as is a healthy Bachie.

RE: Maema Njongmeta - Hammerstripes - 08-25-2024

(08-25-2024, 07:17 PM)Housh Wrote: Seeing as ADG never really blossomed there i could see Meta taking snaps from him in the 4-3 on 1st and 2nd down

True, but we are rarely in a 4-3

RE: Maema Njongmeta - TheLeonardLeap - 08-25-2024

Not many snaps there to take away from. He only played 99 snaps on defense last year. Only 139 snaps taken by LBs not named Wilson or Pratt last year for the Bengals. 

They gave ADG just shy of $2.75m this year including $675k guaranteed at signing, with a $100k workout bonus they already paid out. I think he's pretty safe in his 3rd LB/1st off the bench role.

RE: Maema Njongmeta - SunsetBengal - 08-26-2024

(08-25-2024, 07:22 PM)Joelist Wrote: Njongmeta is a classic MIKE. And if he has the brains for reading the offense he'll be out there and we'll be in more of a 3 LB package.

We'll only see 3LB on the field in situational use, Njongmeta making the team will come down to weather he offers any value on special teams.

RE: Maema Njongmeta - Housh - 08-26-2024

(08-26-2024, 07:58 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We'll only see 3LB on the field in situational use, Njongmeta making the team will come down to weather he offers any value on special teams.

Which he definitely does

RE: Maema Njongmeta - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-26-2024

(08-25-2024, 01:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's a BINGO - in my best Christoph Waltz impression.

It's waayy early and I try not to get too carried away about rookies in pre-season games, however. He sure seems to have that killer instinct LBers need and a nose for the football.

Ok, so he can't do a backflip over an SUV (one of my favorite quotes from the mothership) but having that football IQ goes a long way for making up for not being the fastest man on the planet.

Njongmeta sure doesn't shy away from contact. He wants to hit people and send them backwards.

I know some on here were saying how Henry going to the Ravens was going to hurt us and I know we lost DJ Reader but this guy could
help against them and the rest of the North that like to run the ball. BTW heard the Ravens OL coach died RIP.

Completely different players but yeah, on running downs I would rather have Meta in there. ADG is much better in passing downs and I 
actually find it a little unfair saying ADG didn't blossom, he has been behind some really good players. Honestly, with how bad Pratt played
last year I would of gave ADG a lot more snaps but I am not Lou.

RE: Maema Njongmeta - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-26-2024

(08-25-2024, 07:33 PM)casear2727 Wrote: ADG is extremely safe from Meta at this point, as is a healthy Bachie.

Bachie looked good against the Bears starters from what I saw. We have a very deep LB room. Logan Wilson, Germaine Pratt, ADG, Bachie 
and Meta should be locks after this Preseason. The question is if we keep 6, I think we keep 5 LB's and go heavier on the DL and Secondary.