Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Hubbard playing with a bad hamstring - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Hubbard playing with a bad hamstring (/thread-39153.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Hubbard playing with a bad hamstring - 125250 - 09-26-2024

If it is that bad, I can’t believe there isn’t someone better to replace him with, until it’s healed.

RE: Hubbard playing with a bad hamstring - CJD - 09-26-2024

(Yesterday, 10:47 AM)Au165 Wrote: I just saw a stat from Seth Walder that Trey Hendrickson is basically the most double teamed player in the league, but also still winning at the highest rate...essentially he is THE elite rusher in the league so far. Sam Hubbard on the other hand is tied for 2nd worst pass rush win rate in the entire league. It's a disservice to the team to keep running him out there. Literally anyone else they could possibly put out there would be better than Sam at this moment.

And he's under contract next year too, at the bargain price of 18.667M. Which is pretty incredible.

We've been coasting on this extreme discount for Trey. Our pass rush is going to get precipitously worse after 2025 unless we re-sign him.

RE: Hubbard playing with a bad hamstring - Joelist - 09-26-2024

Unfortunately we are down multiple DL players from our intended group this season (Sample, Murphy, Rankins, Hill, Jackson, Jenkins for first 2 games). This type of injury blitz in one position room is not typical in the NFL. Hopefully we can survive Carolina. We should get Murphy and Jackson back after that and hopefully they are ready for the Rats. Also hopefully one or both of Hill and Rankins are able to play then. That would be a VASTLY better DT room and Murphy would let us rotate Hubbard more and even kick him inside a bit where the hammy is not as huge a handicap.

RE: Hubbard playing with a bad hamstring - Brownshoe - 09-26-2024

The Bengals mishandling an injury again. Last year with Burrow this year with Hubbard. It's going to negatively effect us the rest of the year. There's no reason for Hubbard being out there when he's looking terrible, and he's going to look terrible until he gets rest.

RE: Hubbard playing with a bad hamstring - JumboTron - 09-26-2024

Let's be honest here: even if Hubbard was 100% were we really going to get much out of him?

RE: Hubbard playing with a bad hamstring - 007BengalsFan - 09-26-2024

(8 hours ago)CJD Wrote: And he's under contract next year too, at the bargain price of 18.667M. Which is pretty incredible.

We've been coasting on this extreme discount for Trey. Our pass rush is going to get precipitously worse after 2025 unless we re-sign him.

He wanted a raise this year.  I am 100% sure he will want one for next year and we need to give him one.  He has earned it.  We need to extend his contract a couple of years and give him the raise.

RE: Hubbard playing with a bad hamstring - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-26-2024

(8 hours ago)007BengalsFan Wrote: Im not sure Im buying the Hubbard is playing with a tore hamstring excuse.  Sounds like an excuse to justify his poor play.   Even if true, he isnt helping the team being out there and he is not going to get better by playing every week.  Put him on the IR and get someone else in there at DE.  There has to be a DE on another teams practice squad we could poach that would be serviceable.  Hubbard has a 46.1 PFF grade.  Are you telling me we cant find a guy somewhere that couldnt do at least as good as 46.1?  Raymond Johnson III was cut.  Why not bring him back and see what he can do? He is a little light so Im not sure how effective he would be over the long term but the Bengals front office needs to do something.  We cant keep putting Hubbard out there week after week and think he is somehow going to do better than he is currently doing.

He's not playing with a torn hamstring.... he's playing while recovering from it. It was torn in camp, like Tee Higgins.

RE: Hubbard playing with a bad hamstring - Brownshoe - 09-26-2024

(7 hours ago)JumboTron Wrote: Let's be honest here: even if Hubbard was 100% were we really going to get much out of him?

Considering this is his worst year by far it's an easy yes for me. 

RE: Hubbard playing with a bad hamstring - Destro - 09-26-2024

So he's bad plus injured?

RE: Hubbard playing with a bad hamstring - JumboTron - 09-26-2024

(5 hours ago)Brownshoe Wrote: Considering this is his worst year by far it's an easy yes for me. 
Yet even when healthy he's terrible