Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
A W is a W...but... - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: A W is a W...but... (/thread-39163.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: A W is a W...but... - QueenCity - 09-29-2024

(09-29-2024, 08:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Oh FFS.... AFCN standing
Steelers 3-1
Ravens  1-2 (hopefully 1 and 3 after playing the Bills tonight)
Browns  1-3
Bengals  1-3

People acting like we are 5 games back and in "must win" territory failed math. 13 games left. The Stealers will be lucky to win again.

You already addressed it but to hammer it home. Our piss poor record vs. the division in recent years is a cause for concern. 

End of day Bengals had SB expectations to begin the season.. got one of the easiest schedules in the NFL and they let themselves and the fans down starting now 1-3. 

I'm a big believer in "momentum" I think losing to what is looking like the now 2-2 Ravens on Sunday would be a disaster. 

RE: A W is a W...but... - XsandOs - 09-29-2024

(09-29-2024, 09:04 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yep, this morning we were 0-3 and by the end of the night we could be tied for second.  That's how wide-open this division is.

According to the Nobel laureate Sir Ricky Bobby, "if you aint first, you'r last." 

However; more than 75% of the season is still left. 

RE: A W is a W...but... - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 09-29-2024

(09-29-2024, 09:16 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: But seriously, how many wins do you expect in the division?  We will be lucky to be 3-3, but ,my guess is 2-4.

That want help win the division.

We can beat Pitt & Cle twice each. Probably lose twice to the Ravens.

RE: A W is a W...but... - reuben.ahmed - 09-30-2024

(09-29-2024, 09:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Thought you said last week you were done watching???

How does that mean anything towards "This defense isn't winning a superbowl"? Do you think they're good enough to do that? Lol.

RE: A W is a W...but... - pulses - 09-30-2024

(09-29-2024, 06:04 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: This defense is trash and it’s not going to magically get better during the season.  Everyone knew the line would be an issue but the decline in the secondary has been the most disappointing.  It doesn’t look like there’s anything to show for the high draft picks spent on defensive backs, Bell is cooked and Geno Stone has been a free agency bust.  

Bell should NOT be a starter and especially over Battle...I have no idea what they were thinking on that one.

RE: A W is a W...but... - BengalYankee - 09-30-2024

Steelers 3-1
Browns  1-3
Bengals  1-3

People acting like we are 5 games back and in "must win" territory failed math. 13 games left. The Stealers will be lucky to win again.

You don't think the Stealers can beat the Browns? 

Do you think they will go 0-8 within the AFC North?

Next week they play the Cowgirls on Sunday night. Popcorn

I hate rooting for Dallas, but I guess I have to.  Mellow

RE: A W is a W...but... - BoomerFan - 09-30-2024

(09-29-2024, 08:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The Stealers will be lucky to win again.

I don't know if it is the coach, the team culture, their history, their ownership, or the city (nothing to do in Pittsburgh other than focus on football) but they will absolutely win again and probably live up to Tomlin's above .500 history. They may even make the playoffs again. 

They do a lot with nothing. Sure they have TJ Watt and he is a huge part of that but still...they do a lot with nothing. More than us. For a long time. 

RE: A W is a W...but... - Brownshoe - 09-30-2024

Steelers 3-1
Browns  1-3
Bengals  1-3

Didn't the Steelers go like 5-1 in the division last year?

RE: A W is a W...but... - SunsetBengal - 09-30-2024

Not sure what was hollow about a solid road victory? Opening the game with an impressive goal line stand, forcing another turnover on downs in the second half, the depleted defensive unit came to play. Sure, Chubba Hubbard had a nice game, but we expected the run defense to give up some with the personnel on hand. Besides, Hubbard is a big, strong back, look at it as a warmup to get prepared for Henry with the Ravens.

RE: A W is a W...but... - Sled21 - 09-30-2024

(09-30-2024, 06:01 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Didn't the Steelers go like 5-1 in the division last year?

They could put up points last year. This year they are winning with defense and struggling to score. 

Cowboys
Raiders
Jets
Giants
Commanders
Ravens
Browns
Bengals
Browns
Eagles
Ravens
Chiefs
Bengals

Does anyone really think they will win enough of those games to make the playoffs? They will have to get vastly better on offense. 

RE: A W is a W...but... - Joelist - 09-30-2024

Look make it simple. We play the Rats on Sunday at home. A win there and we instantly catapult into second place. Obviously we should be playing to make them pass instead of run but a lot depends on who we get back this week. It’s where we are at - one game at a time. Beat the rats first and if we do then think about the Giants game where a win could get us to .500.

RE: A W is a W...but... - bengalfan74 - 09-30-2024

(09-29-2024, 05:32 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I wouldn't say it's a hollow victory... it was a must win game, and all things considered we won with a little comfort.

But there are still enormous concerns about the defence... and if they don't improve, we're simply going nowhere. Our offence can be great but you don't win it all with a defence as bad as this.

Next week's game looms large. We've got to toughen up and find a way to battle it with the Ravens. 1-4 would be an enormous hole to be in. Today's performance didn't do a lot to suggest we'll win next week, imo.

Yep

You can't expect the offense to score 35-40 a game every game. And right now that's what we need.

(09-30-2024, 01:33 AM)BengalYankee Wrote:
You don't think the Stealers can beat the Browns? 

Depends on if Chubb, Garrett and Njoku are still out by then.

(09-30-2024, 01:33 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: You don't think the Stealers can beat the Browns? 

(09-30-2024, 02:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Depends on if Chubb, Garrett and Njoku are still out by then.

They went 5 - 1 against the AFC North last year.
This year they are much better than last year.

Will they make the playoffs, I don't know. 
Will they be over .500 this year? I think so.  They are 3 -1 and without a failed snap maybe 4 - 0. 
They are again favored at home against Dallas this Sunday night.

(09-30-2024, 03:18 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: They went 5 - 1 against the AFC North last year.
This year they are much better than last year.

Will they make the playoffs, I don't know. 
Will they be over .500 this year? I think so.  They are 3 -1 and without a failed snap maybe 4 - 0. 
They are again favored at home against Dallas this Sunday night.

So far they've scored 18, 13, 20 and 24 points. That's not going to get it done against teams with high scoring offenses.

RE: A W is a W...but... - Brownshoe - 09-30-2024

(09-30-2024, 03:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So far they've scored 18, 13, 20 and 24 points. That's not going to get it done against teams with high scoring offenses.

Their defense is good enough to stop high scoring offenses. I hate the Steelers, but their defense is legit.

(09-30-2024, 03:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So far they've scored 18, 13, 20 and 24 points. That's not going to get it done against teams with high scoring offenses.

I was going to reply with an Al Davis "Just Win Baby Win" when I caught myself, why am I taking up for the Stealers? 

When the dust is clear, they will finish 9-8 or 10-7 and not qualify for the playoffs or be a first-round road kill by the Bills or Chiefs.   

(09-30-2024, 03:49 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Their defense is good enough to stop high scoring offenses. I hate the Steelers, but their defense is legit.

Well really the only high scoring team they've played was Indy, and Indy beat them. Herbert was hurt when they played the Chargers

RE: A W is a W...but... - George Cantstandya - 09-30-2024

(09-30-2024, 12:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They could put up points last year. This year they are winning with defense and struggling to score. 

They averaged 17.8 points a game last year ranking them 28th in the league.  This year they so far they are averaging 18.8.  So I wouldn't say there has been much change so far.

RE: A W is a W...but... - ERIC1 - 09-30-2024

(09-30-2024, 07:06 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: They averaged 17.8 points a game last year ranking them 28th in the league.  This year they so far they are averaging 18.8.  So I wouldn't say there has been much change so far.

I would not be concentrating on the steelers..or any other team..our defense is the worst that I have seen indecades..But who knows..maybe next week the light comes on