Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Daily observations from camp - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Daily observations from camp (/thread-38715.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Daily observations from camp - jj22 - 08-21-2024

(08-21-2024, 10:41 AM)Synric Wrote: At one point during camp he had 3 different holders. Now with Robbins hurt he has a new holder in Rehkow who is learning a new technique something about 1 finger instead of 2. I honestly have zero clue about kicking and holding.

Operations was one of the reasons I didn't write off Robbins, as I felt last season Money had looked better than in 22' which I wondered if it had something to do with losing Huber and Chrisman not being as consistent. 

Dline depth has really taken a blow this camp, but so far at least no season ending injuries.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2024/08/20/colts-camp-offense-rights-itself-after-rough-start-vs-bengals/74847526007/

RE: Daily observations from camp - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-21-2024

(08-21-2024, 10:39 AM)jj22 Wrote: These reports came from legit local media personalities tho. Not posters. We just shared the news here. 

And they have been beating the drum regarding Burrow camp struggles (more bad days then good, and drop off from the start of camp when he was seemingly on fire). The wrist concern has crept into the local media camp reports for the past couple weeks. 

Even Burrow has his bad days especially going against our Defense that has been playing very good lately and knows our Offense 
more than any Defense. Just ask the Bears starters and the Colts Offense. Our Defense 2nd stringers were beating the Bears starters
and our Defense dominated the Colts in Joint practice the other day.

Hoping this is the case more so than the wrist flaring up. Gloves can be uncomfortable.

(08-21-2024, 10:41 AM)Synric Wrote: At one point during camp he had 3 different holders. Now with Robbins hurt he has a new holder in Rehkow who is learning a new technique something about 1 finger instead of 2. I honestly have zero clue about kicking and holding.

Kind of weird holding is a question with Rehkow and we cut McNamara who had holding experience in college... Mellow

RE: Daily observations from camp - NotBigzo - 08-21-2024

(08-21-2024, 10:27 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Okay, I admit, I lol'd. 

Don’t encourage me.

RE: Daily observations from camp - Nicomo Cosca - 08-22-2024

Fingers crossed a tougher camp (and full participation from Joe) will result in a faster start.

RE: Daily observations from camp - Memphis_Bengal - 08-22-2024

(08-22-2024, 01:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Fingers crossed a tougher camp (and full participation from Joe) will result in a faster start.

And all things considered have come out of it (knocks on wood) pretty healthy

RE: Daily observations from camp - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-22-2024

I think so as well Ted.  Rock On

RE: Daily observations from camp - pally - 08-22-2024

RE: Daily observations from camp - Soonerpeace - 08-22-2024

(08-01-2024, 01:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I haven't heard much about Kris Jenkins, but I have heard McKinnley Jackson has been really hard to move and I know he will
only be a rookie but his comparison is DJ Reader. BTW DJ is still hurt and we don't even know if he will play this season for the
Lions. I wanted McKinnley Jackson before we drafted him, very stout against the run and has the body type for NT.

Kris Jenkins is a great run stopper, but he is still kind of a hybrid or Freak as Harbaugh called him at Michigan.

(08-22-2024, 08:35 AM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: And all things considered have come out of it (knocks on wood) pretty healthy

(08-22-2024, 01:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think so as well Ted.  Rock On

Not to sound authoritative but this is how it works. Cincy has some slow starts and Zac & the staff discuss with the team leaders and they say we need a tougher preseason. They adjust and players get hurt and next year they dial back. Such a damn if you do or don’t. But… I darn sure think this was needed.

I go back and forth on the season. The defense looks better and the offense more explosive. The areas that has to deliver are the trenches. We need a better DL play and OL play.

RE: Daily observations from camp - Joelist - 08-22-2024

I wanted Jenkins and Jackson and got both. I also wanted Audric Estime but you can't always get what you want.

RE: Daily observations from camp - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-22-2024

(08-22-2024, 03:07 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Not to sound authoritative but this is how it works. Cincy has some slow starts and Zac & the staff discuss with the team leaders and they say we need a tougher preseason. They adjust and players get hurt and next year they dial back. Such a damn if you do or don’t. But… I darn sure think this was needed.

I go back and forth on the season. The defense looks better and the offense more explosive. The areas that has to deliver are the trenches. We need a better DL play and OL play.

Yes sir, it all starts in the trenches.

I am going to be really interested to see how our run game looks against the Patriots. Because that is really the X-Factor on what could 
put us over the top as you have said a few times. We weren't able to see Zack Moss this Preseason because of him being ill during the 
first game against Tampa where the starters played.

(08-22-2024, 03:43 PM)Joelist Wrote: I wanted Jenkins and Jackson and got both. I also wanted Audric Estime but you can't always get what you want.

Honestly Kris Jenkins wasn't on my radar till we picked him. I thought we only needed a NT like McKinnley Jackson.

Also liked Estime but Braelon Allen was my favorite back for us to add. I am liking what I am seeing of Erick All though now.

RE: Daily observations from camp - SunsetBengal - 08-22-2024

(08-22-2024, 06:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes sir, it all starts in the trenches.

I am going to be really interested to see how our run game looks against the Patriots. Because that is really the X-Factor on what could 
put us over the top as you have said a few times. We weren't able to see Zack Moss this Preseason because of him being ill during the 
first game against Tampa where the starters played.

Honestly Kris Jenkins wasn't on my radar till we picked him. I thought we only needed a NT like McKinnley Jackson.

Also liked Estime but Braelon Allen was my favorite back for us to add. I am liking what I am seeing of Erick All though now.

I liked his talent coming out of college, I just figured with the Sheldon Rankins signing that the Bengals would stand pat at 3T. However, from what I've observed of Jenkins so far, he seems to be versatile enough that once he reaches his full NFL playing weight, he just might be able to play down at 1T as needed. At 6'3" with 34" arms, he's got the length and frame to carry another 20# and not worry about losing much athleticism.

RE: Daily observations from camp - jj22 - 08-22-2024

(08-22-2024, 07:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I liked his talent coming out of college, I just figured with the Sheldon Rankins signing that the Bengals would stand pat at 3T. However, from what I've observed of Jenkins so far, he seems to be versatile enough that once he reaches his full NFL playing weight, he just might be able to play down at 1T as needed. At 6'3" with 34" arms, he's got the length and frame to carry another 20# and not worry about losing much athleticism.

He got 360 in his genes. I feel better about him after the preseason. 

RE: Daily observations from camp - bfine32 - 08-22-2024

Ted Karras doesn't like JaMarr Chase

RE: Daily observations from camp - SunsetBengal - 08-22-2024

(08-22-2024, 08:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: He got 360 in his genes. I feel better about him after the preseason. 

Hopefully he sees north of 330 later in his career than sooner.

RE: Daily observations from camp - Nicomo Cosca - 08-22-2024

(08-22-2024, 08:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ted Karras doesn't like JaMarr Chase

https://youtu.be/JUBIU0gkWfs?si=e86D7wlbponfIM2Z

RE: Daily observations from camp - Synric - 08-23-2024

Training Camp is over... but it's ok because I have more TE Blocks!

We got a twofer this time. Straight up Power Right! 

The F Erick All pulls across and takes out the OLB, the Y Cam Grandy climbs and seals the MIKE, the OL down blocks left to free up the LG as a lead blocker. I miss these 7 man surfaces.

RE: Daily observations from camp - Sled21 - 08-23-2024

(08-23-2024, 11:00 AM)Synric Wrote: Training Camp is over... but it's ok because I have more TE Blocks!

We got a twofer this time. Straight up Power Right! 

The F Erick All pulls across and takes out the OLB, the Y Cam Grandy climbs and seals the MIKE, the OL down blocks left to free up the LG as a lead blocker. I miss these 7 man surfaces.

Nice!

RE: Daily observations from camp - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-23-2024

Yes, love how Erick All just gets down and dirty as a blocker and that sure isn't all he can do... Wink

BTW, just saw we waived Jackson Carman along with 9 other players.