Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
It was better but things I don’t get... - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: It was better but things I don’t get... (/thread-39053.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: It was better but things I don’t get... - Soonerpeace - 09-16-2024

(09-16-2024, 03:45 AM)puddycat Wrote: Marvin Harrison Jr. week1: 1 catch 4 yds. Week2: 4 catches 130 yards 2 TDs.

It's amazing what can happen when a team recognizes who its best players are and uses them in the game.

If you don’t think the coaches recognize Burton is talented I can’t help you. It’s obvious he still doesn’t know the playbook. The beat writers have discussed this. Marvin probably has. But Marvin was the #1 WR in the draft. Burton was a third rounder so this is a nothing burger.

RE: It was better but things I don’t get... - jj22 - 09-16-2024

We can't give up on Anthony. There is going to be growing pains with rookies. Should he have been in? It speaks more of the fall of Battle then anything else. Can he rebound from this moment better than Ossai did. They both were left on the bench puzzled and dismayed as CBS focused on them to end the game. Hopefully it isn't the last we see of him. The Bengals are rebuilding and these things happen. Live snaps are the best snaps. He was in for a big spot and even if Zac comes from a different coaching philosophy then Marvin, it does say something about Anthony's perceived development.

RE: It was better but things I don’t get... - Nepa - 09-16-2024

(09-15-2024, 11:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: I know why he got the penalty....it was warranted, I just wasn't sure why he was so pissed. It wasn't a hip drop tackle, but dude definitely shoved him and put his hand on his facemask and pushed his head into the ground. That's what I thought he was mad about. 

The sideline reporter stated during the broadcast that he was upset because he thought it was a hip-drop tackle. Now, she could have been wrong, and it could have been the extra shove after he was down, but if it was his thinking it was a hip-drop tackle, he was wrong. 

RE: It was better but things I don’t get... - Sled21 - 09-16-2024

(09-16-2024, 09:43 AM)Nepa Wrote: The sideline reporter stated during the broadcast that he was upset because he thought it was a hip-drop tackle. Now, she could have been wrong, and it could have been the extra shove after he was down, but if it was his thinking it was a hip-drop tackle, he was wrong. 
He thought it was a hip drop,and he cut his arm on the play. I think it really has more to do with his hatred of the Chiefs

RE: It was better but things I don’t get... - Southpaw Frerotte - 09-16-2024

(09-16-2024, 10:02 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He thought it was a hip drop,and he cut his arm on the play. I think it really has more to do with his hatred of the Chiefs

I actually think it has to do with his looming contract. Obviously until it gets signed, he’s one hip drop tackle away from shredding his ligaments or breaking his leg from potentially losing a lot of money.

RE: It was better but things I don’t get... - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-16-2024

(09-16-2024, 09:17 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: LMAO
I do think the sideline reporter probably can mistake ja'mar saying "punch in the neck" with "hip drop" since ja'marr has an accent lol. I don't think Ja'marr would be this upset at Zac about a hip drop tackle, even though he hasn't been "paid" yet even with that 50 million insurance, punch in the neck is AJ Green retaliation stuff. I'm more likely to believe he was punched in the neck.

I would not have minded if Ja'marr punched Andy Reid in the neck post game and asked how it felt. Suspended for the year.

This happens with all the greats, you try to make Shaq get mad. It's part of the sport unfortunately.

I watched the endzone view this AM and I just see the shove on the shoulder pad, but I can't see the left hand, maybe he pushed at Chase's neck again to get up, because that is when Chase got mad.

Why wouldn't Chase say this out loud to a reporter though? Dude is punching me in the neck. If he hides it, it only means we also do sneaky stuff, which we need to do anyway lol. Belichick said if you aren't trying to cheat, you aren't trying to win.

Kobe said "it's not a foul if the ref don't see it."

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

(09-16-2024, 09:34 AM)jj22 Wrote: We can't give up on Anthony. There is going to be growing pains with rookies. Should he have been in? It speaks more of the fall of Battle then anything else. Can he rebound from this moment better than Ossai did. They both were left on the bench puzzled and dismayed as CBS focused on them to end the game. Hopefully it isn't the last we see of him. The Bengals are rebuilding and these things happen. Live snaps are the best snaps. He was in for a big spot and even if Zac comes from a different coaching philosophy then Marvin, it does say something about Anthony's perceived development.

Osaai is looking pretty good out there this year for a backup.

(09-16-2024, 09:43 AM)Nepa Wrote: The sideline reporter stated during the broadcast that he was upset because he thought it was a hip-drop tackle. Now, she could have been wrong, and it could have been the extra shove after he was down, but if it was his thinking it was a hip-drop tackle, he was wrong. 

Absolutely....and to be clear, that comment from Lap this morning is the only reference I've seen or heard about it. The ref also said he was complaining about a hip drop. I didn't see ANYTHING close to that. Total clown move on his part if that's what he was all fired up about.

RE: It was better but things I don’t get... - Frank Booth - 09-16-2024

(09-16-2024, 10:30 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Absolutely....and to be clear, that comment from Lap this morning is the only reference I've seen or heard about it. The ref also said he was complaining about a hip drop. I didn't see ANYTHING close to that. Total clown move on his part if that's what he was all fired up about.

It all stems from Chase being frustrated knowing that Jefferson is better than him

RE: It was better but things I don’t get... - THE PISTONS - 09-16-2024

(09-16-2024, 10:32 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: It all stems from Chase being frustrated knowing that Jefferson is better than him

These guys have so much ego that I doubt any of them think someone is better.

(09-16-2024, 10:32 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: It all stems from Chase being frustrated knowing that Jefferson is better than him

Could very well be....

RE: It was better but things I don’t get... - Whatever - 09-16-2024

(09-16-2024, 10:02 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He thought it was a hip drop,and he cut his arm on the play. I think it really has more to do with his hatred of the Chiefs

Likely frustration.  The zebras let McDuffie get away with a lot.  For example, 1st and Goal on our first drive, McDuffie has Chase's jersey completely stretched out after grabbing when he was beat on the slant to prevent a TD.  No call.

RE: It was better but things I don’t get... - bengalfan74 - 09-16-2024

(09-15-2024, 08:43 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Practice squad WR letting the ball hit him in the facemask in the endzone

TE dropping 1st down in his belly, next play fumble TD.

Chase, being a stupid idiot costing us 3 points.  Edit Chase cost us field position, it was still pathetically stupid.

McPherson missing an extra point.

We will play a 7th round rookie safety in his second game vs Mahomes – he has 2 costly penalties, but we wont play a 3rd round rookie averaging 45 yds per catch?

Where in the hell is Battle?

Joe was still off on some throws and still has happy feet.

Brown averaging 10 more yds per carry than Moss but wont give him the ball.

Never went back to All or Burton.

Surprising:

Defense was crap early but turned it on without Rankins and Hill.  Good to see.  

This is the one that kills me !! C. Brown averaging 8 yards per carry and he only gets 4 carries?? And once again we only had 16 carries for our RB's.

I don't get it ?? Why does ZT refuse to run the ball ??

RE: It was better but things I don’t get... - PCB Bengal Fan - 09-16-2024

(09-16-2024, 10:53 AM)Whatever Wrote: Likely frustration.  The zebras let McDuffie get away with a lot.  For example, 1st and Goal on our first drive, McDuffie has Chase's jersey completely stretched out after grabbing when he was beat on the slant to prevent a TD.  No call.

That was an easy call & they just let it go. Prevented a TD. I turned the game off.

RE: It was better but things I don’t get... - Whatever - 09-16-2024

So, further context on the Chase penalty, but apparently, he felt McDuffie got him with the hip drop tackle earlier in the drive and that he was face masked on the play where he blew up.

RE: It was better but things I don’t get... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-16-2024

(09-16-2024, 01:19 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I can't wait for Mims to get back honestly. Trent Brown is a lazy fat slob that gets pushed around by guys 100lbs less than him. No hussle either..

Yeah, on one of those Karlaftis sacks Trent Brown was thrown around like a rag doll. How is that even possible being that big?

(09-16-2024, 09:04 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Something is going on with Battle.
He has 1 defensive snap this season, but 30 ST snaps.

Must be, don't understand, he played very good as a rookie and in Preseason and is supposed to be very smart.

Maybe he has an injury of some kind we don't know about.

RE: It was better but things I don’t get... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-16-2024

Yep, it wasn't a hip drop tackle but he thought it was and he was frustrated with all McDuffie was getting away with and I don't blame
him for that. But he needs to get himself together and just beat the sumbitch instead of bitching. Proud of Joe Burrow and how he 
handled the situation.

(09-16-2024, 10:53 AM)Whatever Wrote: Likely frustration.  The zebras let McDuffie get away with a lot.  For example, 1st and Goal on our first drive, McDuffie has Chase's jersey completely stretched out after grabbing when he was beat on the slant to prevent a TD.  No call.

Saw the same thing. Home cooking for the Chiefs? Nah, nothing to see here lol

(09-16-2024, 11:46 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: This is the one that kills me !! C. Brown averaging 8 yards per carry and he only gets 4 carries?? And once again we only had 16 carries for our RB's.

I don't get it ?? Why does ZT refuse to run the ball ??

Need to run the ball more no doubt and ride the hot hand. This was the other frustrating thing, we could of put this game away so 
it wasn't so close and ran the ball and the clock out if we rode the hot hand in Chase Brown. His vision still could get better as he had
one carry for 8 yards where he could of got much more but no one can deny his speed and how fast he can hit a hole.

(09-16-2024, 12:51 PM)Whatever Wrote: So, further context on the Chase penalty, but apparently, he felt McDuffie got him with the hip drop tackle earlier in the drive and that he was face masked on the play where he blew up.

Ah, makes sense. McDuffie was getting away with a ton as you said.

RE: It was better but things I don’t get... - ochocincos - 09-16-2024

(09-16-2024, 01:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, on one of those Karlaftis sacks Trent Brown was thrown around like a rag doll. How is that even possible being that big?

Must be, don't understand, he played very good as a rookie and in Preseason and is supposed to be very smart.

Maybe he has an injury of some kind we don't know about.

Who the hell was Anthony even in for anyways for the 6 snaps he played?
I see Bell playing 64 out of 65 snaps.
Stone played 63 out of 65 snaps.

Wilson played 100% of the defensive snaps (65).
Pratt 61 out of 65, so they were running 2 LBs pretty much the entire time.

For CBs, the only one who didn't play 63+ was Hilton, who played 39 snaps (60%).

The only thing I can think of was he was coming in at times as a 3rd safety? If so, why him over Battle?

RE: It was better but things I don’t get... - Nicomo Cosca - 09-16-2024

(09-16-2024, 01:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Who the hell was Anthony even in for anyways for the 6 snaps he played?
I see Bell playing 64 out of 65 snaps.
Stone played 63 out of 65 snaps.

Wilson played 100% of the defensive snaps (65).
Pratt 61 out of 65, so they were running 2 LBs pretty much the entire time.

For CBs, the only one who didn't play 63+ was Hilton, who played 39 snaps (60%).

The only thing I can think of was he was coming in at times as a 3rd safety? If so, why him over Battle?

He was in for Battle or Hilton as Nicomo here shows. Inexcusable on the biggest play of the night.

It is honestly a great question, I know Battle is not known as much for his coverage but he has great instincts.

Clearly Anthony was out of his element on a couple of plays, especially the last one.

(09-16-2024, 01:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Just craziness on the biggest play of the game. Whatever