Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Daily observations from camp - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Daily observations from camp (/thread-38715.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Daily observations from camp - pally - 08-07-2024

RE: Daily observations from camp - Soonerpeace - 08-07-2024

(08-07-2024, 06:44 PM)pally Wrote:

After that comment and the fight being between Ted & Logan is there some WWE going on here lol.

RE: Daily observations from camp - Brownshoe - 08-07-2024

(08-07-2024, 05:11 PM)Nepa Wrote: Really wish they could find the money to pay Higgins and Chase. Higgins signing the franchise and showing up for practice when he could have waited until the first game to sign really makes me pull for the guy.

Aiyuk just turned down 30m a year from the Patriots. It's going to be hard for us to sign any other receiver not named Chase lol.

RE: Daily observations from camp - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-07-2024

(08-07-2024, 04:57 PM)pally Wrote: Whose bingo card had Logan Wilson and Ted Karras fighting

and now Ted upset with Vonn

Ted seems to be objecting to some over exuberance from the defense

Getting intense alright. Man ole Cappa sure went after Logan after that lol

Love Ted, so happy we extended him for another year. Dude is a leader out there and plays with fire.  Smirk

(08-07-2024, 05:05 PM)pally Wrote: the follow up to the fights

Nice ball by Joe there, impressive. I am really excited for this Offense this season.

RE: Daily observations from camp - Nicomo Cosca - 08-08-2024

(08-07-2024, 03:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure hope not, not hearing anything about McKinnley is starting to concern me myself.

RE: Daily observations from camp - Synric - 08-08-2024

(08-07-2024, 04:57 PM)pally Wrote:

This is where I'm worried about Andre Iosivas headed into the season. Can he consistently make combat catches especially across the middle of the field and maintain control while taking big hits. 

RE: Daily observations from camp - Sled21 - 08-08-2024

(08-07-2024, 04:57 PM)pally Wrote: Whose bingo card had Logan Wilson and Ted Karras fighting

and now Ted upset with Vonn

Ted seems to be objecting to some over exuberance from the defense

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Ted and Logan and a couple of others actually planned this to get others fired up and chippy

RE: Daily observations from camp - SladeX - 08-08-2024

(08-08-2024, 06:49 AM)Synric Wrote: This is where I'm worried about Andre Iosivas headed into the season. Can he consistently make combat catches especially across the middle of the field and maintain control while taking big hits. 

The kid in the background “Hey! This is football!”

RE: Daily observations from camp - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-08-2024

(08-07-2024, 05:11 PM)Nepa Wrote: Really wish they could find the money to pay Higgins and Chase. Higgins signing the franchise and showing up for practice when he could have waited until the first game to sign really makes me pull for the guy.

Tee is all class 

RE: Daily observations from camp - jj22 - 08-08-2024

(08-07-2024, 07:51 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Aiyuk just turned down 30m a year from the Patriots. It's going to be hard for us to sign any other receiver not named Chase lol.

He wants to play for the Steelers. 

(08-08-2024, 06:49 AM)Synric Wrote: This is where I'm worried about Andre Iosivas headed into the season. Can he consistently make combat catches especially across the middle of the field and maintain control while taking big hits. 

This. 

This was the only real thing that jumped out about last season. His inability to hold on to the ball after taking a hit. 

RE: Daily observations from camp - Essex Johnson - 08-08-2024

(08-07-2024, 07:51 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Aiyuk just turned down 30m a year from the Patriots. It's going to be hard for us to sign any other receiver not named Chase lol.

granted he played a few more games, but last two years, he has more yards than Chase and one less TD, and has been better than Higgins not saying he deserves more than 30 m but he is in top 10 to 12 best WRs right now in the game.  Also i wish NE worked out something but Steelers and Browns are in the running for him and getting him in the short term will move them up the board in the AFC for either team.  Now that Washington is out, one of those two will probably land him, so the question now is who improves more this year with Aiyuk, im going Steelers

I wish (as we always have), Bengals would be more aggressive to fill needs like we see these other teams in the north doing time and time again. We should be sending a 1st for Jeffrey Simmons, and not just putting all of our eggs in the basket of rookies given we are supposedly in a championship window. I really dislike how the FO operates forcing Coaches to work with who they have even in the face of questions. Same with their complete willingness to gamble at corner. Sure we drafted high, but why risk another season by forcing coaches to work with the young players that have shown maybe they aren't ready (Hill, Turner)...

It's got to be tough working for MB and his lay in the bed you made philosophy on working with the players you drafted to take positions even if signs say they aren't ready. They didn't have to re-sign Bates, but they didn't have to live and die with an unknown Hill last year (for example). That could have ruined a championship run if Burrow was healthy. 

RE: Daily observations from camp - pally - 08-08-2024

Today is the first practice on the new Paycor field

RE: Daily observations from camp - Whatever - 08-08-2024

(08-08-2024, 09:32 AM)jj22 Wrote: I wish (as we always have), Bengals would be more aggressive to fill needs like we see these other teams in the north doing time and time again. We should be sending a 1st for Jeffrey Simmons, and not just putting all of our eggs in the basket of rookies given we are supposedly in a championship window. I really dislike how the FO operates forcing Coaches to work with who they have even in the face of questions. Same with their complete willingness to gamble at corner. Sure we drafted high, but why risk another season by forcing coaches to work with the young players that have shown maybe they aren't ready (Hill, Turner)...

It's got to be tough working for MB and his lay in the bed you made philosophy on working with the players you drafted to take positions even if signs say they aren't ready. They didn't have to re-sign Bates, but they didn't have to live and die with an unknown Hill last year (for example). That could have ruined a championship run if Burrow was healthy. 

Every team in the league has to rely on young, unproven players at positions.  That's just the nature of a salary cap league.  You can't just go out and give up a boatload of picks for an All Pro just because you have young guys.

RE: Daily observations from camp - PhilHos - 08-08-2024

(08-08-2024, 09:25 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: granted he played a few more games, but last two years, he has more yards than Chase and one less TD, and has been better than Higgins not saying he deserves more than 30 m but he is in top 10 to 12 best WRs right now in the game.  Also i wish NE worked out something but Steelers and Browns are in the running for him and getting him in the short term will move them up the board in the AFC for either team.  Now that Washington is out, one of those two will probably land him, so the question now is who improves more this year with Aiyuk, im going Steelers

Well, if the Steelers roll with Russ, then Aiyuk will have a quality QB throwing him the ball, even if he really is washed up. If Aiyuk goes to the Browns, he'll have Dashaun throwing him the ball and we all know how "good" he's been lately. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Fields is a better QB on the Steelers than Watson ends up being for the Browns.

RE: Daily observations from camp - Mgbrown66 - 08-08-2024

Surprised the Steelers would trade for Aiyuk. I thought they had a glorious record of drafting wide receivers? Why would they need one from outside the organization?

RE: Daily observations from camp - Soonerpeace - 08-08-2024

(08-08-2024, 09:13 AM)jj22 Wrote: This. 

This was the only real thing that jumped out about last season. His inability to hold on to the ball after taking a hit. 

I think it’s a legitimate unknown. Hesitant to call it a concern.