Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Need to take some shots deep today. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Need to take some shots deep today. (/thread-2198.html)

Pages: 1 2

Need to take some shots deep today. - fredtoast - 09-27-2015

Crabtree and Cooper both got deep on the Ravens. I think our receivers against their DBs is one of our bigger advantages.

Hope we take a few deep shots today.

RE: Need to take some shots deep today. - McC - 09-27-2015

(09-27-2015, 12:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Crabtree and Cooper both got deep on the Ravens.  I think our receivers against their DBs is one of our bigger advantages.  

Hope we take a few deep shots today.

Definitely.  It worked last year.

RE: Need to take some shots deep today. - djs7685 - 09-27-2015

MLJ can get a step on a DB better than any other receiver on the team. Not a slight on A.J. or Eifert but those guys rely on their absurd athleticism to catch passes instead of their separation.

I'd bet quite a bit of money on a big Andy to MLJ pass again today at some point.

RE: Need to take some shots deep today. - Johnny Cupcakes - 09-27-2015

Our receivers vs. their defensive backs should be the biggest mis-match of the game. They'd be silly to not at least try to take advantage of that.

RE: Need to take some shots deep today. - jfkbengals - 09-27-2015

(09-27-2015, 12:25 PM)djs7685 Wrote: MLJ can get a step on a DB better than any other receiver on the team. Not a slight on A.J. or Eifert but those guys rely on their absurd athleticism to catch passes instead of their separation.

I'd bet quite a bit of money on a big Andy to MLJ pass again today at some point.

Yeah, I don't think it's a matter of if, but a matter of when.

I expect AJ to have a big one as well, as he has done so against the Ravens pretty consistently.

They key is we need to make those plays count in running up the score to put the game out of Baltimore's reach as early as possible.

(09-27-2015, 12:50 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Yeah, I don't think it's a matter of if, but a matter of when.

I expect AJ to have a big one as well, as he has done so against the Ravens pretty consistently.

They key is we need to make those plays count in running up the score to put the game out of Baltimore's reach as early as possible.

Getting up early would be nice.  Make them one dimensional and tee off on Unibrow.

(09-27-2015, 12:49 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Our receivers vs. their defensive backs should be the biggest mis-match of the game.  They'd be silly to not at least try to take advantage of that.

Maybe the Ravens will consistently drop 6 into coverage out of fear, in which case I'd be fine with just gashing them for huge chunks with the run game.

RE: Need to take some shots deep today. - Synric - 09-27-2015

I hope Dalton does exactly what he's done in the first two games and read mismatches and takes what the defense gives him.

RE: Need to take some shots deep today. - Element - 09-27-2015

Ok thanks coach

RE: Need to take some shots deep today. - zygrot24 - 09-27-2015

Eifert up the seams

RE: Need to take some shots deep today. - Fresno B - 09-27-2015

(09-27-2015, 12:25 PM)djs7685 Wrote: MLJ can get a step on a DB better than any other receiver on the team. Not a slight on A.J. or Eifert but those guys rely on their absurd athleticism to catch passes instead of their separation.

Disagree with MLJ getting better separation than AJ.
Imo, MLJ hardly ever gets open due to route running, same with Sanu. MLJ has speed but not the route running skills like AJ, which makes it seem AJ is getting open more despite double coverage, compared to MLJ single coverage. That's the difference imo.

RE: Need to take some shots deep today. - rfaulk34 - 09-27-2015

(09-27-2015, 01:23 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Disagree with MLJ getting better separation than AJ.
Imo, MLJ hardly ever gets open due to route running, same with Sanu. MLJ has speed but not the route running skills like AJ, which makes it seem AJ is getting open more despite double coverage, compared to MLJ single coverage. That's the difference imo.

It makes me wonder how much Bengals football you watch if you think MLJ doesn't run good routes.

RE: Need to take some shots deep today. - fredtoast - 09-27-2015

Let's not strain our shoulders patting ourselves on the back.

(09-27-2015, 05:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Let's not strain our shoulders patting ourselves on the back.

Shoulder strains won't be a problem, as I'm gonna need to take a few deep shots to finally calm the nerves down.  That should numb the pain as well!

(09-27-2015, 01:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It makes me wonder how much Bengals football you watch if you think MLJ doesn't run good routes.

Nothing wrong with his route running. It's just that he's more a speed guy more than a route runner. Only routes I ever see him run are streams and post.

(09-27-2015, 05:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Let's not strain our shoulders patting ourselves on the back.

Go on, claim your psychic crown.  You earned it.  And yes, we all knew you'd remind us.

RE: Need to take some shots deep today. - Thefinalcut813 - 09-27-2015

Was that long TD to Green his greatest play? I think so.

(09-27-2015, 05:52 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Nothing wrong with his route running. It's just that he's more a speed guy more than a route runner. Only routes I ever see him run are streams and post.

Ran a real nice comeback in the 4th.

(09-27-2015, 01:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It makes me wonder how much Bengals football you watch if you think MLJ doesn't run good routes.

Did MLJ get better separation than AJ today? That's what I was commenting on.

(09-27-2015, 05:54 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Ran a real nice comeback in the 4th.

And such. Basic routes. Nothing wrong at all. It just seems all his catches are contested most times which correlates to separation. I must admit he has sticky hands in tight window situations.