Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Right Tackle - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Right Tackle (/thread-24790.html)

Right Tackle - JSR18 - 09-14-2020

WhoDey2 Not what I expected today from the Offense. All through FA and the Draft all we heard was: "We like our guys on the Oline". "We'll be better than last year with our guys coming back". "Jonah will be an instant upgrade". "Bobby Hart has improved his footwork and quickness". Blah, Blah Blah...

The right side of this Oline is hot garbage. Putrid. What's the answer?? (Price looked half-way decent when subbing for XSF)

Do we just keep plugging away with B. Hart, our turnstile Tackle, he of the Ole block with hopes that Coach Turner can coach him up?? It's only Game 2, do we see what F. Johnson can do?? Adeniji?? Grab somebody off the street? Raid a Practice Squad? Trade??

What say you??

RE: Right Tackle - GreenCornBengal - 09-14-2020

After today’s performance, there isn’t much harm in trying Adenji there IMO. What’s the worst that could happen?

RE: Right Tackle - Nicomo Cosca - 09-14-2020

The last time Hart played this badly they re-signed him and gave him a raise...

RE: Right Tackle - Bengal Dude - 09-14-2020

I would try Fred or Adeniji at some point, but I don't know if we'll be lucky enough to see the coaches pull the trigger. Turner loves himself some Bobby Hart. I know that Turner knocked Fred a tad in the offseason saying that Fred didn't really know the plays last year and he was out there doing his own thing. Once they put him in the system and had him follow the playbook, he's struggled. 

RE: Right Tackle - Geno_Can_Dunk - 09-14-2020

(09-14-2020, 01:06 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: After today’s performance, there isn’t much harm in trying Adenji there IMO. What’s the worst that could happen?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Adeniji was starting at RT by the end of the season. How soon, who knows. 

RE: Right Tackle - bengaloo - 09-14-2020

I think there is enough info on Bobby Hart's play to know that its time to let someone else play. Bring in Johnson. I dont really think he could play worse, and even a small upgrade would be good.

RE: Right Tackle - Murdock2420 - 09-14-2020

(09-14-2020, 01:29 AM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised at all if Adeniji was starting at RT by the end of the season. How soon, who knows. 

Shortly after Burrow gets sacked to break the record for sacks allowed in a season and local fans end up tying Hart up in a warehouse till after game day so someone else is forced to start.

RE: Right Tackle - rfaulk34 - 09-14-2020

(09-14-2020, 01:04 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2   Not what I expected today from the Offense. All through FA and the Draft all we heard was: "We like our guys on the Oline". "We'll be better than last year with our guys coming back". "Jonah will be an instant upgrade". "Bobby Hart has improved his footwork and quickness". Blah, Blah Blah...

The right side of this Oline is hot garbage. Putrid. What's the answer??  (Price looked half-way decent when subbing for XSF)

Do we just keep plugging away with B. Hart, our turnstile Tackle, he of the Ole block with hopes that Coach Turner can coach him up?? It's only Game 2, do we see what F. Johnson can do?? Adeniji?? Grab somebody off the street? Raid a Practice Squad? Trade??

What say you??

I say...this post would have fit perfectly in the Bobby Hart thread. Mellow

And, Price actually looked better than half-way decent. Don't write him in for any All Pro teams but he was better than the Billy Price we've seen in the past. 

RE: Right Tackle - PDub80 - 09-14-2020

Actually after Price went in and from the 2nd half on, the line gave up zero sacks.

I'm as disgusted at the first half as any Bengals fan, but it was the first game for them, too. Hoping everyone improves and builds on the last 2 Bengals drives.

- I'll never understand the false starts. At home... and no crowd? WTF?!

RE: Right Tackle - BengalsBong - 09-14-2020

With no preseason this year a rookie QB is going to work out some kinks the first two or three games. No excuse for a 6 year vet offensive line guy. The coaches will play it off as Bosa makes all OT look bad. But if Hart is not replaced then Turner should be replaced.

RE: Right Tackle - Sled21 - 09-14-2020

Price just might finally be healthy and hungry to regain his starting position.

RE: Right Tackle - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-14-2020

(09-14-2020, 07:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Price just might finally be healthy and hungry to regain his starting position.

I think that's indeed the case.  Don't forget Billy Price, as are many Bengal first round picks, came to the team injured.  Still, before his big on the field injury in 2018 he was playing very well at center and everyone was saying how much better he was than Russell Bodine.  

Yesterday Billy played with length and leverage and his pass blocking was above average.  He controlled the gaps well, moving laterally to adjust and meeting the defensive lineman or linebacker square-on.  The difference in energy and technique was noticeable.  

RE: Right Tackle - JSR18 - 09-14-2020

(09-14-2020, 02:06 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I say...this post would have fit perfectly in the Bobby Hart thread. Mellow

And, Price actually looked better than half-way decent. Don't write him in for any All Pro teams but he was better than the Billy Price we've seen in the past. 

WhoDey2 Yeah, I considered that and decided even though the subject mater might be the same the premise was different... Smirk

RE: Right Tackle - bengaloo - 09-14-2020

Just watched the replay of the INT, and Bobby Hart totally whiffed on that play and immediately put Burrow under pressure, which led to him flipping the ball into an INT. Burrow should've thrown it away, but Bobby Hart should've at least made a tiny little block on his guy, and he didnt even touch him. His guy was chasing Burrow from behind way too quick. Even a chip shot block would've helped that. There was no block from Hart on that play. Just wind.

RE: Right Tackle - ochocincos - 09-14-2020

Here's what I want to know...who exactly has Jim Turner coached up before that gives him reputation as someone who can coach up bad OL?

There must be someone I'm not thinking of, right?

RE: Right Tackle - bfine32 - 09-14-2020

Bring back Cordy Glenn

RE: Right Tackle - higgy100 - 09-14-2020

(09-14-2020, 01:58 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Just watched the replay of the INT, and Bobby Hart totally whiffed on that play and immediately put Burrow under pressure, which led to him flipping the ball into an INT. Burrow should've thrown it away, but Bobby Hart should've at least made a tiny little block on his guy, and he didnt even touch him. His guy was chasing Burrow from behind way too quick. Even a chip shot block would've helped that. There was no block from Hart on that play. Just wind.

No OL is responsible for the shuffle pick. Burrow was running left and just made a bad bad play.