Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Christian Darrisaw - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Christian Darrisaw (/thread-27078.html)

Christian Darrisaw - IcoHolic - 03-21-2021

I don't know anything about Darrisaw, but I see him popping up in a couple of mock drafts at #5.

What do you folks know about him?

RE: Christian Darrisaw - Truck_1_0_1_ - 03-21-2021

1. I put him as #2 behind Sewell. I don't know how much he's suited to our scheme, but I'd say he needs a bit of technique work, compared to Slater, but definitely has higher upside.

2. There's a draft forum. Plenty of threads there about Darrisaw

RE: Christian Darrisaw - IcoHolic - 03-21-2021

(03-21-2021, 01:34 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. I put him as #2 behind Sewell. I don't know how much he's suited to our scheme, but I'd say he needs a bit of technique work, compared to Slater, but definitely has higher upside.

Ah damn I missed that, lock it up!

RE: Christian Darrisaw - JWW1971 - 03-21-2021

I don't think I would take him at 5, if Sewell is gone and we trade back 3 or 4 places and get another pick I would take him then

RE: Christian Darrisaw - Murdock2420 - 03-21-2021

He is one of the most improved prospects in the draft class. Having moved up after a really solid season at Tackle.

I like Darrisaw a lot of us, but at 5 I think it is too soon he is the perfect target if Sewell is gone and the Bengals can trade down with the 49ers who are going to need a QB.

Christian Darrisaw - ochocincos - 03-21-2021

(03-21-2021, 01:34 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. I put him as #2 behind Sewell. I don't know how much he's suited to our scheme, but I'd say he needs a bit of technique work, compared to Slater, but definitely has higher upside.

He’s well suited to play in a wide zone scheme. Highly athletic. Could use a bit more power, but he took huge strides in 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Christian Darrisaw - Synric - 03-21-2021

(03-21-2021, 01:48 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: He is one of the most improved prospects in the draft class. Having moved up after a really solid season at Tackle.

I like Darrisaw a lot of us, but at 5 I think it is too soon he is the perfect target if Sewell is gone and the Bengals can trade down with the 49ers who are going to need a QB.

Carolina moving up to #3 for Justin Fields is likely to ruin any chance for the Bengals to trade back. 

RE: Christian Darrisaw - Murdock2420 - 03-21-2021

(03-21-2021, 03:22 PM)Synric Wrote: Carolina moving up to #3 for Justin Fields is likely to ruin any chance for the Bengals to trade back. 

Did they already make the trade?

Pictured Sewell going 3 to Miami. 

If Carolina moves up we should get Sewell

RE: Christian Darrisaw - Truck_1_0_1_ - 03-21-2021

(03-21-2021, 01:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He’s well suited to play in a wide zone scheme. Highly athletic. Could use a bit more power, but he took huge strides in 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that! So he IS suited Big Grin

RE: Christian Darrisaw - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-21-2021

Darrisaw is my 2nd favorite OT prospect in this Draft behind Sewell. I like others would rather trade back and get him
while adding another pick but I wouldn't be angry if we just took him at 5. He fits our wide zone as Ocho said. I also
like Slater for his versatility but also would rather trade back if we took either.

Darrisaw faced some very good Ends in college and held his own rather convincingly.