Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
They're all coming back into the fold.... - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: They're all coming back into the fold.... (/Thread-They-re-all-coming-back-into-the-fold)

Pages: 1 2

They're all coming back into the fold.... - Sled21 - 07-30-2021

https://www.bengals.com/news/boomer-and-burrow-in-pbs-summit-he-s-a-better-player-than-i-ever-was

Quote:Sometimes I feel bad because I've been critical at times.

Quote:"I know one thing. He's a better player than I ever was. Already. I can see it," Esiason says. "He's a much more accurate passer than I was. He's also fearless. He's not afraid to throw the ball down the field, which in today's game is valuable and is going to help them be successful. I think he's in the (hunt) for Comeback Player of the Year."

RE: They're all coming back into the fold.... - Nately120 - 07-30-2021

We have both of our proven MVP QBs throwing themselves at Burrow's feet. He'd better be the comeback player of the year.

RE: They're all coming back into the fold.... - Tiger Teeth - 07-30-2021

Gotta feel pretty good about that endorsement. Really looking forward to see the guy put in a full season.

RE: They're all coming back into the fold.... - EatonFan - 07-30-2021

Boomer was the best at play action fakes. Dude would often fake out the camera crew. A thing of beauty.

I'd bring Boomer on as a QB consultant and teach Burrow this one skill. What a weapon it is.

RE: They're all coming back into the fold.... - Clark W Griswold - 07-30-2021

(07-30-2021, 09:58 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Boomer was the best at play action fakes. Dude would often fake out the camera crew. A thing of beauty.

I'd bring Boomer on as a QB consultant and teach Burrow this one skill. What a weapon it is.

He would be a great guy to have teaching Burrow but there’s no way you could get Boomer to leave his sweet TV gig. He gets to make good money by just sitting around watching and talking about football.

RE: They're all coming back into the fold.... - fredtoast - 07-30-2021

(07-30-2021, 09:58 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Boomer was the best at play action fakes.  

Don't know for sure, but Boomer was the first QB I remember using the empty hand fake.  

But what really made it so effective was the fact that the Bengals were one of the best running teams in the league when Boomer was at his best.

RE: They're all coming back into the fold.... - PDub80 - 07-30-2021

I really appreciate the humility and kindness Kenny and Boomer are showing in these interviews and press bites. If you're a competitor, that never ever completely leaves your psyche. And there has to be a part of them that thinks they are or were better than Joe (in whatever ways). Right or wrong, Joe isn't better than them in EVERY aspect of being an NFL QB.... but the fact that they like him so much and clearly want him to succeed that they are willing to publicly prop him up like that says just so much about their character as people. To put aside ego and just compliment and encourage another person who, in some ways, threatens their standing on the ladder of accomplishment should be an example to others as how to be a better human.

RE: They're all coming back into the fold.... - BoomerFan - 07-30-2021

I saw this thread title and had this awful premonition that maybe we had called up Russell Bodine off the street.

RE: They're all coming back into the fold.... - fredtoast - 07-30-2021

(07-30-2021, 10:56 AM)PDub80 Wrote: To put aside ego and just compliment and encourage another person who, in some ways, threatens their standing on the ladder of accomplishment should be an example to others as how to be a better human.

Agree 100%.

I think part of it is their understanding of what a bad situation Joe was placed in last year. As former NFL QBs they can empathize with him more than any of us.

RE: They're all coming back into the fold.... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-30-2021

(07-30-2021, 10:56 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I really appreciate the humility and kindness Kenny and Boomer are showing in these interviews and press bites. If you're a competitor, that never ever completely leaves your psyche. And there has to be a part of them that thinks they are or were better than Joe (in whatever ways). Right or wrong, Joe isn't better than them in EVERY aspect of being an NFL QB.... but the fact that they like him so much and clearly want him to succeed that they are willing to publicly prop him up like that says just so much about their character as people. To put aside ego and just compliment and encourage another person who, in some ways, threatens their standing on the ladder of accomplishment should be an example to others as how to be a better human.

Well said PDub80. Kenny and Boomer are just great dudes. We will see if Joe lives up to the mega hype.

I believe he will. Rock On

RE: They're all coming back into the fold.... - ochocincos - 07-30-2021

(07-30-2021, 11:25 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: I saw this thread title and had this awful premonition that maybe we had called up Russell Bodine off the street.

I'd take Bodine at C over Jordan at OG.

They're all coming back into the fold.... - The D.O.Z. - 07-30-2021

(07-30-2021, 09:58 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Boomer was the best at play action fakes. Dude would often fake out the camera crew. A thing of beauty.

Boomer had a bonafide scary running game so play action was effective. If these big boys don’t open up some running lanes for Mixon this year, play action won’t amount to much!

RE: They're all coming back into the fold.... - BigPapaKain - 07-30-2021

Here i am disappointed we haven't had some Negative Nancy Know It All come in here and talk about how Boomer is just doing media speak nonsense.

RE: They're all coming back into the fold.... - J24 - 07-30-2021

(07-30-2021, 09:21 AM)Nately120 Wrote: We have both of our proven MVP QBs throwing themselves at Burrow's feet.  He'd better be the comeback player of the year.

It depends on what Dak does. If he has a huge here it won't matter what anyone else does. Which I'm fine with because legs are not supposed to bend that way.

RE: They're all coming back into the fold.... - J24 - 07-30-2021

(07-30-2021, 02:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd take Bodine at C over Jordan at OG.

I'll take neither

RE: They're all coming back into the fold.... - Nately120 - 07-30-2021

(07-30-2021, 06:06 PM)J24 Wrote: It depends on what Dak does. If he has a huge here it won't matter what anyone else does. Which I'm fine with because legs are not supposed to bend that way.

If Burrow isn't the comeback player of the year either he got hurt again or our coaching staff needs fired.  This thread is about our 2 best QBs admitting Burrow is already better than they were. The hype must become reality. We're in deep now!

RE: They're all coming back into the fold.... - Shake n Blake - 07-30-2021

(07-30-2021, 11:25 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: I saw this thread title and had this awful premonition that maybe we had called up Russell Bodine off the street.

Or hired Bratkowski as offensive quality control?

RE: They're all coming back into the fold.... - EatonFan - 07-31-2021

(07-30-2021, 03:25 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Here i am disappointed we haven't had some Negative Nancy Know It All come in here and talk about how Boomer is just doing media speak nonsense.

You know.  Esiason is just doing media.   Cool

RE: They're all coming back into the fold.... - BigPapaKain - 07-31-2021

(07-31-2021, 01:19 AM)EatonFan Wrote: You know.  Esiason is just doing media.   Cool

NOT NEGATIVE ENOUGH!!

RE: They're all coming back into the fold.... - Destro - 07-31-2021

(07-30-2021, 11:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Agree 100%.

I think part of it is their understanding of what a bad situation Joe was placed in last year. As former NFL QBs they can empathize with him more than any of us.

And I think Boomer has a good grasp on how well the organization can be, as well as how bad they can be.