Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trent Brown cleared to practice - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Trent Brown cleared to practice (/thread-38764.html)

Trent Brown cleared to practice - pally - 08-04-2024

Trent Brown has been cleared to practice. Now we get to see the real RT battle. Glad Mims got some solid camp time at the position though

RE: Trent Brown cleared to practice - bfine32 - 08-04-2024

Great news, but has anyone told him the Mims has "already earned" the starting RT gig?

RE: Trent Brown cleared to practice - Bengalbug - 08-04-2024

(08-04-2024, 02:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Great news, but has anyone told him the Mims has "already earned" the starting RT gig?

I’m thinking that Trent brown doesn’t see it this way. The most likely outcome is Trent brown starts, Trent brown misses time, Mims plays. The best outcome would be we get to start Trent brown all season and he plays up to his best potential. Mims is sitting in the wings waiting. The beautiful thing about Trent brown is he can play either side. Trent brown is a known commodity and an absolute stud of an OT when healthy.

RE: Trent Brown cleared to practice - FormerlyBengalRugby - 08-04-2024

(08-04-2024, 02:21 PM)pally Wrote: Trent Brown has been cleared to practice.  Now we get to see the real RT battle.  Glad Mims got some solid camp time at the position though

This was likely a case of a vet player claiming injury so he didn't have to go through the rigors of training camp. Happens all the time.

Trent will likely start with Mims spelling him, generously, as the Bengals will have a substantial lead late in the game and be pounding the rock.

Good news. I am betting many other vets are magically being cleared/healed.

RE: Trent Brown cleared to practice - pally - 08-04-2024

cleared to practice but still on the rehab field

RE: Trent Brown cleared to practice - Soonerpeace - 08-04-2024

(08-04-2024, 03:32 PM)pally Wrote: cleared to practice but still on the rehab field

Is that to get in shape?

RE: Trent Brown cleared to practice - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-04-2024

Great news, just hope TB can get in shape before the regular season. If not, Mims will start in the opener.

Cannot have an out of shape guy at RT no matter how good he is when healthy and fit.

RE: Trent Brown cleared to practice - NotBigzo - 08-04-2024

Bench him and start Mims. He wants it more. It may be ugly at first but he'll get it as the season goes on.

Although, if Mims is only blocking Myles Murphy and a bunch of scrubs, then i'll need to see a preseason game first.

RE: Trent Brown cleared to practice - Bengalbug - 08-05-2024

(08-04-2024, 06:56 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Bench him and start Mims. He wants it more. It may be ugly at first but he'll get it as the season goes on.

Although, if Mims is only blocking Myles Murphy and a bunch of scrubs, then i'll need to see a preseason game first.

We are a week into training camp. At such an important position, you don’t just bench one.

Trent brown was the 27th best OT last year, RT and LT were not separated.

RE: Trent Brown cleared to practice - jason - 08-05-2024

(08-04-2024, 04:09 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Is that to get in shape?

He's in shape. He's round.

RE: Trent Brown cleared to practice - BFritz21 - 08-05-2024

I just like that we have depth at the tackle spot.

I'm pumped for the season!

This gives Mims good reps or lets him take over the starting role.

Either way is good.

RE: Trent Brown cleared to practice - Go Cards - 08-05-2024

Welcome news, can never have enough good O-Linemen

RE: Trent Brown cleared to practice - jj22 - 08-05-2024

Cleared but still unable to practice.... I'm not impressed. Too much goes on with Brown at all spots he's been at. You bench Mims now and when it's time to play he'll be starting all over with the gains he's made thus far this offseason. It isn't just a week into training camp that Mims has built chemistry with the starting Oline. It's been all offseason.

What more do you want from a 1st round pick at a premium position of need, at a position you see rookies excel at?