Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Confidence in the front office - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Confidence in the front office (/thread-38953.html)

Confidence in the front office - J24 - 09-06-2024

Members of the Board I have a simple question for you! How much Confidence do you have in this Front Office in maintaining a championship level roster for the next 5 years?

RE: Confidence in the front office - casear2727 - 09-06-2024

(09-06-2024, 05:11 PM)J24 Wrote: Members of the Board I have a simple question for you! How much Confidence do you have in this Front Office in maintaining a championship level roster for the next 5 years?

RE: Confidence in the front office - masonbengals fan - 09-06-2024

Much more confidence than I once did.

But still have a small% of my brain rooted in the old ways.

RE: Confidence in the front office - RunKijanaRun - 09-06-2024

Not much.

RE: Confidence in the front office - 007BengalsFan - 09-06-2024

As long a Burrow stays healthy and has a good line in front of him, I think we have a good chance. The Bengals paid Burrow and have shown they are interested in protecting him with several free agent signings to boost the offensive line. I dont agree with every move the front office makes but I do believe they are trying and doing an overall good job. I would give them a 7 or 8 so a 7.5. Since 7.5 is not an option I will round up to 8

RE: Confidence in the front office - Awful Llama - 09-06-2024

For this fan, who is old enough to remember when Paul ran the show, and also remembers the '90s, this version of the Bengals front office falls somewhere in between.

RE: Confidence in the front office - SunsetBengal - 09-06-2024

(09-06-2024, 07:32 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: For this fan, who is old enough to remember when Paul ran the show, and also remembers the '90s, this version of the Bengals front office falls somewhere in between.

This iteration of the front office is showing a lot of promise thus far. But honestly, it's tough to compare right now to the days of Paul Brown, as modern free agency became a thing in 1993. Who's to say that Paul would have handled free agency any better than Mike did for the longest time?

RE: Confidence in the front office - wanga - 09-06-2024

My God it wasn’t that long ago it was an absolute shitshow following the Bengals. Now it’s an awesome pleasure, they’re in the hunt every season and money is being poured into FA and facilities and there’s genuine hope for a SB win. They get a solid, very solid pass from me.
I never want those dark days to return.

RE: Confidence in the front office - Awful Llama - 09-06-2024

(09-06-2024, 07:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This iteration of the front office is showing a lot of promise thus far. But honestly, it's tough to compare right now to the days of Paul Brown, as modern free agency became a thing in 1993. Who's to say that Paul would have handled free agency any better than Mike did for the longest time?

The complexities of the business side of the game may have proven more challenging to Paul, true, but when I wrote this I guess I was thinking more about football acumen, his knowledge of the Xs and Os and his eye for talent.  

RE: Confidence in the front office - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-06-2024

(09-06-2024, 05:32 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Much more confidence than I once did.

But still have a small% of my brain rooted in the old ways.

Same, I voted for 5. Middle of the pack and still has a lot of work to do. If we get the Chase deal done I will feel better, but we still 
never make the trades to make us a contender and put us over the top like the Chiefs and others do. We are WAY better than we used
to be which was about the worst in the NFL though, have to say and am happy to say it.

It was dumb to bring up the Chase extension this Offseason while Chase still had 2 years left on his deal. I don't get the hold in crap 
with Chase though either and cannot blame that on the FO. Chase is immature until he actually plays Sunday and plays well. If not, he 
is back to immature.

RE: Confidence in the front office - casear2727 - 09-06-2024

(09-06-2024, 08:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It was dumb to bring up the Chase extension this Offseason while Chase still had 2 years left on his deal. 

Chase was the last big time (and best) WR in his class to not be extended.  I'll never fault the team for trying to lock up stars early.  So many reasons to do so.

RE: Confidence in the front office - jj22 - 09-06-2024

I guess it depends on who you give credit for this run to.

I don’t think the FO has changed as much as people think. Their philosophy regarding the draft (stockpiling picks), extending players (or the struggle to outside of QB), holding onto coaches long (Pollack), is on script. They seem to have adjusted some to their participation in Free Agency.

Overall my confidence is in Burrow* and Zac.

RE: Confidence in the front office - sandwedge - 09-06-2024

(09-06-2024, 10:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: I guess it depends on who you give credit for this run to.

I don’t think the FO has changed as much as people think. Their philosophy regarding the draft (stockpiling picks), extending players (or the struggle to outside of QB), holding onto coaches long (Pollack), is on script. They seem to have adjusted some to their participation in Free Agency.

Overall my confidence is in Burrow* and Zac.

They extended a lot of players. Sometimes you can't make everyone happy. The team is more important than individuals. It happens to every team in the NFL

RE: Confidence in the front office - sandwedge - 09-06-2024

I like where we are TBO. It's exciting every Sunday, the fan experience is 1000% better. As for these contracts, no one outside has a clue what is really happening inside those walls.

RE: Confidence in the front office - bfine32 - 09-06-2024

Joe Burrow is signed for the next 5 years, so I'm feeling pretty good about it

RE: Confidence in the front office - rfaulk34 - 09-07-2024

(09-06-2024, 05:11 PM)J24 Wrote: Members of the Board I have a simple question for you! How much Confidence do you have in this Front Office in maintaining a championship level roster for the next 5 years?

I'd really like to vote 1 knowing this team's history but i had to take emotion out and be a little more honest based on what they've done the last couple years.