Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Tight Ends - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Tight Ends (/thread-38978.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Tight Ends - Nicomo Cosca - 09-08-2024

Plenty of blame to go around in the Pats loss, but the back-to-back dropped TD/fumble by Gesicki and Hudson were just absolute killers. These dudes are not it. Career practice squad guy, and yet another one year reclamation project. You’d think they would have learned after Irv Smith.

I sure hope they’re planning on getting Erick All involved sooner rather than later.

RE: Tight Ends - bfine32 - 09-08-2024

I've yet to see the replay, but from first look, it may be kinda harsh to call that TD a "drop"

RE: Tight Ends - Essex Johnson - 09-08-2024

(09-08-2024, 07:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Plenty of blame to go around in the Pats loss, but the back-to-back dropped TD/fumble by Gesicki and Hudson were just absolute killers. These dudes are not it. Career practice squad guy, and yet another one year reclamation project. You’d think they would have learned after Irv Smith.

I sure hope they’re planning on getting Erick All involved sooner rather than later.
One game is not the tell all, Gescki catch was tough,  Hudson made a great catch early, I also was disappointed in Burrow we invested alot in him and today  he thew  1 to 2 behind TEs and  Geiski open down middle and did not see him, blame to go around

RE: Tight Ends - Nicomo Cosca - 09-08-2024

(09-08-2024, 07:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've yet to see the replay, but from first look, it may be kinda harsh to call that TD a "drop"

It was in his hands and he didn’t secure the ball through the end of the play. Not sure what else to call it.

RE: Tight Ends - Nicomo Cosca - 09-08-2024

(09-08-2024, 07:15 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: One game is not the tell all, Gescki catch was tough,  Hudson made a great catch early, I also was disappointed in Burrow we invested alot in him and today  he thew  1 to 2 behind TEs and  Geiski open down middle and did not see him, blame to go around

I’m sure you were. Burrow isn’t going anywhere though (much to your chagrin). TE is actually a position we can stand to upgrade. Hence the thread/discussion.

As for the other bold, I literally said as much in the OP.

RE: Tight Ends - Millhouse - 09-08-2024

(09-08-2024, 07:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m sure you were. Burrow isn’t going anywhere though (much to your chagrin). TE is actually a position we can stand to upgrade. Hence the thread/discussion.

As for the other bold, I literally said as much in the OP.

I'm guessing a quality tight end wouldn't fit well in Zac's masterful offensive designs. I honestly don't know why they don't want a good one though, makes zero sense.

RE: Tight Ends - bfine32 - 09-08-2024

(09-08-2024, 07:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It was in his hands and he didn’t secure the ball through the end of the play. Not sure what else to call it.
Ok

RE: Tight Ends - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-08-2024

The Bengals’ last good receiving tight end was Hayden Hurst.

RE: Tight Ends - bfine32 - 09-10-2024

(09-08-2024, 07:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've yet to see the replay, but from first look, it may be kinda harsh to call that TD a "drop"

It appears those who track such things agree:
https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?category=receiving&sort=rec_drops&season=2024&seasonType=reg&sortOrder=desc

Fox Sports credited Zack Moss with a drop, but no other Bengal player. 

I'm thinking about giving the TEs another week or 2 before I bodly proclaim they are not it. 

RE: Tight Ends - TheLeonardLeap - 09-10-2024

(09-08-2024, 08:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals’ last good receiving tight end was Hayden Hurst.

Hurst wasn't very good. 

400 yards at 8.0 yards per catch and 2 TDs is not exactly anything to write home about when your QB is Joe Burrow. It was also significantly worse than CJ Uzomah in 2021 and barely better than Drew Sample in 2020. Also worse than Uzomah in 2018 and Tyler Kroft in 2017.

I would say the Bengals last GOOD receiving tight end was Tyler Eifert in 2015-2016 (though in true Eifert form he only played half of 2016). Then before that Gresham in 2012.

RE: Tight Ends - BengalsBong - 09-10-2024

Hudson is a converted QB to TE and he is 29 years old so not sure what future Zac thinks this guy has with the team.

Gesicki made a nice grab had good timing with Joe weather it counted or not.

I want to see the youth developed for the years to come All and McLachlan are the future at TE here so they should get reps over Hudson.

The entire team was not ready for contact defense and offense we played soft in training camp practices and only had one drive on offense and defense in preseason.

RE: Tight Ends - Bengalstripes9 - 09-10-2024

Some say they want a lot of tight ends.
The more the merry-er.
Some say we should focus in on one good one.
I'm not sure what I should say other than RELAX.
Let them play a quarter of the season and then we'll see where we're at.
The Bengals start slow every year (coaches and players).

RE: Tight Ends - BengalsBong - 09-10-2024

(09-10-2024, 09:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hurst wasn't very good. 

400 yards at 8.0 yards per catch and 2 TDs is not exactly anything to write home about when your QB is Joe Burrow. It was also significantly worse than CJ Uzomah in 2021 and barely better than Drew Sample in 2020. Also worse than Uzomah in 2018 and Tyler Kroft in 2017.

I would say the Bengals last GOOD receiving tight end was Tyler Eifert in 2015-2016 (though in true Eifert form he only played half of 2016). Then before that Gresham in 2012.

Yeah, was not a fan of Hurst very underwhelming and bland. 

RE: Tight Ends - Nicomo Cosca - 09-10-2024

(09-10-2024, 09:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It appears those who track such things agree:
https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?category=receiving&sort=rec_drops&season=2024&seasonType=reg&sortOrder=desc

Fox Sports credited Zack Moss with a drop, but no other Bengal player. 

I'm thinking about giving the TEs another week or 2 before I bodly proclaim they are not it. 

Tanner Hudson is a soon to be 30 year old career practice squad player who’s scored 1 TD in 6 years. I’m not sure much is going to change in another week or two.

As for Gesecki, I certainly hope he turns out to be more of a successful reclamation project than Irv Smith or Hayden Hurst.

RE: Tight Ends - THE PISTONS - 09-10-2024

Gesicki was good 4 years ago. Unfortunately, it's not 4 years ago.

RE: Tight Ends - THE PISTONS - 09-10-2024

(09-10-2024, 09:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tanner Hudson is a soon to be 30 year old career practice squad player who’s scored 1 TD in 6 years. I’m not sure much is going to change in another week or two.

As for Gesecki, I certainly hope he turns out to be more of a successful reclamation project than Irv Smith or Hayden Hurst.

I don't see how anyone could argue on Hudson.

RE: Tight Ends - samhain - 09-10-2024

All seems to enjoy hitting people a lot for a guy that's had a rough injury history.

Have to wonder how he'd look with an opportunity in the passing game.

They need to get a lot more from young players. Murphy, Mims, and Jenkins didn't play. Turner couldn't beat out Hill.

This team gets nearly nothing out of it's recent high picks.

With a clear lack of good receiving options, we may need to see what guys like All and Burton can do sooner than later.

RE: Tight Ends - Housh - 09-10-2024

All signs point to Erick All and Drew Sample being the actually TEs and just use Gesecki as a slot WR

Boyd absence was felt extremely tough. I didn’t realize how important it was to have a slot guy whose smart enough to sit in zones and just be open

Felt like Burrow didn’t have a bailout at all on Sunday. Like whoever was in the slot didn’t know how read zones or something and just ran his routes as drawn up. Idk i didn’t even notice a WR presence in the middle of the field. Then again when your QB is only throwing 3 yard routes and you have 5 defensive players all in intermediate range there isn’t gonna be much success

RE: Tight Ends - Essex Johnson - 09-11-2024

(09-08-2024, 08:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals’ last good receiving tight end was Hayden Hurst.

He was avg,  he was terrible in yac and had few tds. Especially in red zone. Besides it is 1 game , too early to judge.

RE: Tight Ends - Housh - 09-11-2024

(09-08-2024, 07:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Plenty of blame to go around in the Pats loss, but the back-to-back dropped TD/fumble by Gesicki and Hudson were just absolute killers. These dudes are not it. Career practice squad guy, and yet another one year reclamation project. You’d think they would have learned after Irv Smith.

I’ll never call Gesicki play bad because it was a hard catch

Hudson was on some other shit that play

How he held the ball is insane and idk who taught him that shit